U.S. National Team Part VII

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Haha, the fact that Benny wasn't called up last season as well is ridiculous. I love his passive aggressive hits at Jurgen.

Well the popular theory was always that he, and to some extent Kljestan, were the unnamed sources in that famous USA Today that bashed JK in the last WC qualifier cycle.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well the popular theory was always that he, and to some extent Kljestan, were the unnamed sources in that famous USA Today that bashed JK in the last WC qualifier cycle.

Benny was definitely in on that, I don't really have any doubts on that.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So, if they win tonight they get to play Mexico at home in November...

I'm kinda half rooting against that happening. Been talking about going back to Columbus since the last one but I just started a new job and already have a few days I need off before the end of the year.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL

Altidore is on fire, but man, what a pass

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Cq49-5hXgAAHOBL.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Can beat Mexico.

Would have had easier road losing but blowing them out sends message this team for real. Mexico better watch themselves, they of "only beaten us once during Klinsmann Era".

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
Mexico better watch themselves, they of "only beaten us once during Klinsmann Era".

:laugh:

A bunch of other teams better watch themselves too, having finally beaten us for the first time in decades thanks to Klinsmann!

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Can you 2 please give it a rest.

Just clinched the group with a 4-0 win, but it must be doom and gloom as always. You'd fit in real well on the Hawk board.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I loved the young talent on the field yesterday towards the end of the game:

Pulisic, Morris, Arriola, Stanko...that's with Yedlin and Brooks out, plus a number of quality young players on the verge of breaking through over the next 2 years by the time Russia rolls around.

Obviously as a Red Bulls fan it was great to see Sacha kick ass in these two qualifiers. He needs to start against Mexico imo...no more Bradley/Beckerman/Jones trio in the middle with worker bee Bedoya oout wide. Give me something like this if everyone is healthy:

---------Wood
Pulisic---------Nagbe
--------Klejstan
----Jones----Bradley
FJ--Brooks-Cameron--Yedlin
--------Howard

Then we have real options off of the bench like Jozy and Dempsey in attack

Also, has anyone noticed that Geoff Cameron always looks like he is in an utter state of shock?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad