Tyson Jost

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
What kind of value does Jost even have? Can't be much. There's not exactly a market for small soft undynamic wingers...

Reactions: McMetal

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
What kind of value does Jost even have? Can't be much. There's not exactly a market for small soft undynamic wingers...
I find these young players that rushed hard to judge value wise. Maybe like a Pulju type value? Where I can see teams giving up and trading them like a D Strome type.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Honestly, best to just keep him at this point unless he is the throw in that closes a major trade.

He still has the potential. He just needs to continue working on his confidence and frankly he needs someone to play with. Treat him like a complementary player, not a line driver.

I have thought since day one that the Avs should have strongly suggested he go back to UND for one more season before turning pro......

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Can injured player be called up ? I was just wondering if Jost has to wait those post concussion symptons to go away with his whoppin 70k AHL-salary?

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
At this point there's not much you can do but hang on and hope with some time he carves out a role as a useful player, something like Virtanen in Vancouver where they just hung on and he isn't going to be what they hoped but he'll probably be a useful bottom 6 player .

Unless some team really believes in him giving him higher value in a trade than he has otherwise moving him is a waste at this point. At absolutely worst he's an above average piece for your AHL team/a replacement level call up when needed.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
You think being out indefinitely with a concussion is better?

:facepalm:
Thats not what I said. My point was that its much better for a young player to play in the AHL rather than struggle in the NHL.

The Avs made the right move sending Jost down, should have happened a while ago tbh. Getting injured is unfortunate but does not change anything.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'm at the "don't tell me, show me" point with this entire team but Jost is saying all the right things. If he doesn't make it, I don't think it'll be from a lack of trying and work ethic.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I'm at the "don't tell me, show me" point with this entire team but Jost is saying all the right things. If he doesn't make it, I don't think it'll be from a lack of trying and work ethic.

Jost was never going to fail due a lack of effort or bad attitude .

Reactions: klozge

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's never been a question of character or work ethic. He's done everything that's been asked of him and then some. That's what makes this whole saga so disappointing. It'd be easy to dismiss him if he were a headcase or simply didn't care, but in the end I just don't think he's good enough for the NHL.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You think being out indefinitely with a concussion is better?

:facepalm:

Jost also got a concussion in the NHL, not quite sure I see your point.

The AHL is a better league for Jost to develop, he's already proven he has a lack of awareness in both the NHL and AHL to avoid big hits that lead to concussions. Might as well keep him in the AHL where he can at least put up some points.

I think there still is time for him to develop, He still has another year or two before I call him a bust. There's certain things he can improve on that will make him a decent bottom 6 player.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm still very optimistic about Jost. He was good in the first few games of the season and I mean really good. Shitty year for his development but I see no reason to give up on him.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not to be rude, but I've seen this movie already. Jost returns from injury and/or gets another change in scenery via demotion, or in this case, both, and does relatively well to start, but ultimately, he never reaches that next step and regresses back into the same ineffective player we've seen far too much of. Still too easy to knock off the puck and that's only when he can actually GET to the puck, because he's still too abhorrently slow to even win races to loose pucks. And I see a guy with good hockey sense, but not nearly good enough to counteract those two glaring problems. Throw in the fact that injuries are now starting to pile up and I think you have an NHL bust.

The only way I see him being an NHL mainstay is if he somehow develops that shot of his into something reliable. But I have my doubts there as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It all comes down to skating for Jost... as long as it is lacking, he won't be a good player and likely won't stick. IMO this is complete lost season for him and this summer he needs to reevaluate his off ice training. Slim down by 10 or so pounds and pick up any bit of quickness he can.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
It all comes down to skating for Jost... as long as it is lacking, he won't be a good player and likely won't stick. IMO this is complete lost season for him and this summer he needs to reevaluate his off ice training. Slim down by 10 or so pounds and pick up any bit of quickness he can.

And hire a skating coach who will work with him all off season!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think Jost could still become a player. If he was with Tampa Bay or Ottawa I bet he'd be looking more promising. Great development teams.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've completely soured on the guy. He's just not fast enough to be a shut-down 3rd/4th line center and is not capable of playing the NHL game in the top six on a team that wants to do anything more than tank like crazy.

Nice guy from everything I've read and seen but still....I've moved him into the bust list in my mind.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I've completely soured on the guy. He's just not fast enough to be a shut-down 3rd/4th line center and is not capable of playing the NHL game in the top six on a team that wants to do anything more than tank like crazy.

Nice guy from everything I've read and seen but still....I've moved him into the bust list in my mind.
This is extremely silly. Not even 21, and going to call him a failure .

Not that I've been overly impressed or anything but come on he'd be the 5th youngest player on DUs roster right now.

He has the potential to be a middle six winger on a good team that can shelter him and get him favorable matchups.

You can't tell me that if we had the MacK line then followed it up with a line that had say Hughes, maybe a guy like Stone and someone else. That Jost couldn't play sheltered 3rd line minutes with say Soderberg and Compher? That's overly harsh and unfair IMO.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Oh man, people are crazy to give up on this guy already. Has he had a disappointing season? Sure, but he's only 20 years old.

Jakub Vrana is a decent guy to look at if you're impatient. Is a year older than Jost, and in his 20-year old season was producing the exact same PPG as Jost was this year. Fast forward to this season, and Vrana is 2nd in goals, and 5th in points. Not all prospects develop the same.

Look at how Dylan Strome has played since being traded to Chicago. I'm not ready to give up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad