Tyson Barrie

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Those trades don't interest me much. I'd personally take Barrie over either of your propositions. If we're trading Barrie it better for a damn star player. What question mark does Nyquist answer?
How do you know this for sure?

As stated before, you even have Johnson penciled in as a 3rd pairing d-man... He's not worth the money nor is he even an average shut down d-man.

By your logic I guess you'd rather have Boychuk and J. Staal over Mcdavid.

If these are your answers for trading Barrie you deserve the hate you're getting around here.

So we are comparing Barrie to McDavid now? Comeon dude.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
In one post you tell us it's a great idea to trade Barrie cause we'l get Kadri and Kapanen, and in the other you tell us that we'll be surprised (ie disappointed) by the return. :laugh:

Quality arguments being presented here.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Nikita Zadorov: 6'5, 230
Erik Johnson: 6'4, 225
Ian Cole: 6'1, 219
Cale Makar: 5'11, 187
Tyson Barrie: 5'10, 190
Samuel Girard: 5'10, 162
Patrik Nemeth: 6'3, 219

That would be great if we could start 7 defensemen. Problem is we can't.

So again, since Barrie has no buisness playing any sort of defensive minutes or playing on the PK you guys are ok with Girard and Makar on the ice trying to hold a lead or on the PK?

Reactions: Gatorbait19

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
In one post you tell us it's a great idea to trade Barrie cause we'l get Kadri and Kapanen, and in the other you tell us that we'll be surprised (ie disappointed) by the return. :laugh:

Quality arguments being presented here.

I think that's a fair return for Barrie. Also a trade with Toronto will net us more than he is worth because of their cap situation. We might have to add a pick or take a contract for that trade to work as well.

I'm not the one that thinks he is some superstar player and compares him to McDavid.

Reactions: Iceberg

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
That would be great if we could start 7 defensemen. Problem is we can't.

So again, since Barrie has no buisness playing any sort of defensive minutes or playing on the PK you guys are ok with Girard and Makar on the ice trying to hold a lead or on the PK?

Yes.

The other team can't score if they don't have the puck

Reactions: Ivan13

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think that's a fair return for Barrie. Also a trade with Toronto will net us more than he is worth because of their cap situation. We might have to add a pick or take a contract for that trade to work as well.

I'm not the one that thinks he is some superstar player and compares him to McDavid.

Please... show us all the posts comparing Barrie to McDavid.

:laugh: you are truly one of a kind

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Please... show us all the posts comparing Barrie to McDavid.

:laugh: you are truly one of a kind

First day reading for you?

"ThatAvsGamer:
By your logic I guess you'd rather have Boychuk and J. Staal over Mcdavid."

Which is surprising from him because he knows 10x more than you do.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Oh boy. That's a great theory in a fantasy world but not possible in real life.

I was mostly saying that in jest. Ideally Makar or Girard are paired up with an EJ or a Cole in those situations.

However, do you not think puck possession and zone exits plays a vital role in the defensive zone? The Avs' biggest issues over the years have come from guys like Nemeth and Zadorov failing to clear the puck, resulting in an endless cycle by the opposing and an eventual goal against.

All the size in the world doesn't mean shit when you can't move the puck.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
If he's a top 4 D why is he always bottom pair in your mocks?

Girard - Makar
Zadorov - Myers
Cole - EJ

If you have the 2nd highest paid player on the team playing bottom pairing, that means he shouldn't be on the team. I don't get this love for EJ. He carries a $6,000,000 cap hit on his extremely fragile body. He missed the playoffs last year. This year in the playoffs he got injured AGAIN and was limited to a bottom pairing role. Why keep a guy around who can't even help the team during the playoffs? How amazing would it be to have EJ's $6M cap hit invested in a player who could stay healthy and contribute in our Cup run.

I don't necessarily think EJ was limited to the bottom pairing because of injury. He was paired with Cole and played all the heavy minutes. Those 2 were out there when we the other teams top players were. Not Tyson Barrie. They formed a real nice shut down pairing.

Moving forward I think the pairing of Girard and Makar was fantastic. They were dynamic. Then we have our shut down pair of Cole and EJ.

But I suppose your right that a guy making 6 million shouldn't be on the bottom pair playing 16 minutes a night.

So we have our #1 pair in Makar and Girard. Our shut down pair in Cole and EJ. Z will get his 17 minutes a night so where does that leave Barrie? Getting paid 7 mil a night to take EJ's spot on what should be our shut down pair? I cant see that going to well if we want to prevent goals. Or getting paid 7 mil a year to be on the bottom pair with Z.

Either way I cant see any pairings that work with him on the team. And when Makar overtakes Barrie on the PP1 where does that leave him?

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
I was mostly saying that in jest. Ideally Makar or Girard are paired up with an EJ or a Cole in those situations.

However, do you not think puck possession and zone exits plays a vital role in the defensive zone? The Avs' biggest issues over the years have come from guys like Nemeth and Zadorov failing to clear the puck, resulting in an endless cycle by the opposing and an eventual goal against.

All the size in the world doesn't mean **** when you can't move the puck.

You need to get the puck 1st in order to have a clean exit.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Good thing all of them are pretty damn good at puck retrieval. But yeah, a guy like Nemeth who ices the puck 25% of the time is more valuable in his own zone.

In what world?

Have you seen Girard or Barrie try to defend in the corners or infront of the net?

Do you guys just make this stuff up and hope people believe it to be true?

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Which is exactly what Girard, Makar, and Barrie excel in. Puck retrieval.

Good God. I'm not talking about winning a race to get a puck after a dump in.

I'm talking about having to get the puck from a forward in our own end and in the corners. I'm talking about having to physically move a man or take the body to retrieve the puck. Contrary to what you guys believe that stuff does happen too in the NHL.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
In what world?

Have you seen Girard or Barrie try to defend in the corners or infront of the net?

Do you guys just make this stuff up and hope people believe it to be true?
Yes I did see them. I know this is hard to comprehend, but they are - more often than not - first on the puck and start moving the puck the other way.

I also guess you missed Girard making Radulov his bitch on more than few occasions along the boards. But do rabble on about Barrie, it’s quite amusing seeing someone so out of touch.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Yes I did see them. I know this is hard to comprehend, but they are - more often than not - first on the puck and start moving the puck the other way.

I also guess you missed Girard making Radulov his ***** on more than few occasions along the boards. But do rabble on about Barrie, it’s quite amusing seeing someone so out of touch.

Lol. Nice try

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Good God. I'm not talking about winning a race to get a puck after a dump in.

I'm talking about having to get the puck from a forward in our own end and in the corners. I'm talking about having to physically move a man or take the body to retrieve the puck. Contrary to what you guys believe that stuff does happen too in the NHL.

Another thing, I found it hilarious when you listed Vlašić as a monster the other day. Truly shows the level of complete lack of knowledge about players you rabble on about. Vlašić defends like smaller guys, he has elite stick-work and gap control, far more valuable tools and methods in re-possessing the puck that throwing hits or pushing guys.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Makar is now listed at 6'1" on Wiki. If he is too short to handle PK than Cole is as well. He is also 6'1". So we only have EJ and Z that can handle PK.
Am I doing this right?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Lol. Nice try

Lol. Nice try
WhoppingElementaryBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

Here you go oh all knowledgable one.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
WhoppingElementaryBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

Here you go oh all knowledgable one.

Looks like Radulov dummied Girard a few times then fell down. I see Girard literally bouncing off Rads 2 times. Rads shoves him away quite easily with one arm at the beginning of the clip then tripped over Girards stick and fell down.

I'm not sure you want to use that clip if you are trying to say how Girard can defend the big boys. I like Girard but Rads made Girard his b*tch in that clip.

Reactions: MarkT

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Makar is now listed at 6'1" on Wiki. If he is too short to handle PK than Cole is as well. He is also 6'1". So we only have EJ and Z that can handle PK.
Am I doing this right?

Yes. You are right. Makar is comparable to Cole defensively. Good God.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00