Tyson Barrie

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Seriously the Barrie fandom in here is mind blowing. He is solid, and contributed a ton over the years but he's not irreplaceable. Makar is incredibly talented, way more so than Barrie. Not even worried about the loss.

Same here not even in the slightest, no more having to keep his trade value up and now the kids can get their time and shine. I celebrated the Barrie trade lol, getting Kadri was just the icing on the cake

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What will help Makar get over 40pts is that he is a better passer than Barrie and he will be getting PP1 minutes. Most rookies don't get those minutes and if they do they are on a bad team.

I'll stick to my prediction of 40-45 pts but not be surprised if he does reach 50pts. I doubt it but I won't be surprised also.

Reactions: Foxtail

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The last time a rookie defenseman put up over 50 points was 1992-93 Vladimir malakhov (not sure who that is). Lidstrom also did it in 91-92.

Since the 2000s the best season by a rookie defenseman was Dion Phaneuf in 05-06. He scored 49.

Very unlikely Makar reaches those kinds of point totals.

NHL Records

Will Butcher had 44 points two seasons ago;
Shatt had 43 in 72, pace for 49 points over 82 games;
Ghost had 46 in 65, pace for 58 points over 82 games.

And how many of those rookies had previous playoff experience?

Scoring is up and if Makar is put on favorable offensive situations he can get to 50.

It's up to Bednar to use him properly.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Will Butcher had 44 points two seasons ago;
Shatt had 43 in 72, pace for 49 points over 82 games;
Ghost had 46 in 65, pace for 58 points over 82 games.

And how many of those rookies had previous playoff experience?

Scoring is up and if Makar is put on favorable offensive situations he can get to 50.

It's up to Bednar to use him properly.

I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying it's unrealistic to have those expectations for a rookie. Can he do it? Maybe. Should we expect him to? No.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad