Tyson Barrie Discussion

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Anybody pays Barrie more than gardner they are crazy
Hes far from being even a 6 million dollar man
Get rid of ceci and Barrie as soon as u decide the season is lost
I'd say around jan 1 if we are around 500
Make a cliff fletcher type deal

I agree but I wouldn't wait. If there's a hockey deal out there I'd move on it. It's not working for whatever reason

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I agree but I wouldn't wait. If there's a hockey deal out there I'd move on it. It's not working for whatever reason
They have to decide if we’re resigning him. I don’t think we are, so it’s kind of madness to have traded Kadri for a one year rental. Maximize the asset while you can. Is Barrie really the difference between winning or losing? Clearly no imho.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
They have to decide if we’re resigning him. I don’t think we are, so it’s kind of madness to have traded Kadri for a one year rental. Maximize the asset while you can. Is Barrie really the difference between winning or losing? Clearly no imho.

Clearly yes imho. We win more games with Barrie off the roster IMO

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

I would consider signing Barrie for league minimum.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Was expecting way more out of him in every facet. Thought the trade was great and figured if it had to come down to re-signing either Barrie or Muzzin, Barrie would be a slam dunk choice. I no longer think either of those.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Was expecting way more out of him in every facet. Thought the trade was great and figured if it had to come down to re-signing either Barrie or Muzzin, Barrie would be a slam dunk choice. I no longer think either of those.
To let him walk as a UFA would be a pretty shortsighted mistake.
IMO, I'd move Barrie sooner than later.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Well, according to Luke Fox in a Sportsnet article, he’s good enough to maybe make a Canadian national team, so what are you all on about?

Sounds to me like he’s basically equivalent to Reilly.

I would definitely have Barrie on a Canadian National team........ for the Spengler Cup or as an over-ager for the World Juniors....

Otherwise Fox needs to ease up on the eggnog.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is the Kadri trade the worst trade in a long time?

Kerfoot is a replacement level bottom sixer that is easily replaceable by random players in the AHL and ECHL.

Barrie is a #10D on a successful team. Useless and heartless. Couldn't even hold a candle to an injured Gardiner.

Meanwhile, Kadri has flourished as a high end 2C, and regularly brings the heart and soul that this team sorely lacks.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Kerfoot is a replacement level bottom sixer that is easily replaceable by random players in the AHL and ECHL.

Barrie is a #10D on a successful team. Useless and heartless. Couldn't even hold a candle to an injured Gardiner.

Meanwhile, Kadri has flourished as a high end 2C, and regularly brings the heart and soul that this team sorely lacks.
Yeah that trade will be giving us nightmares for a very long time

Reactions: saffronleaf

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Vs.
Kadri-Matthews-Nylander

Sheez, let me think about that.....

<bangs head against wall >

Don't forget the rest of the lineup:

Johnsson-Spezza-Kapanen
???-Gauthier-???

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Marincin

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

harsh but true

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Rosen himself has more value than Barrie and Kerfoot sadly

Reactions: saffronleaf

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
I can't count the number are dumbass plays he made last night.

he looked great in the playoffs last year, but he's turned into a pumpkin for us. I can see why he's always a minus player.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
harsh but true
I wouldn’t and didn’t say that at the for sure . I still think it was good to trade Kadri , and I was very excited about the possibilities , but you know hindsight and all that comes with it ...
Man on man if things don’t turn around soon for these two players , it could turn out to be one of the worse for us of all time .

Mar 26, 2010
I fully agree, Once the team concedes that they are not going to make the playoffs (looks like they are not) Dubas needs to 100% trade Barrie and Ceci.

Dubas lost BIG trading Kadri for Barrie. Just brutal.

Reactions: Koolboss

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If this guy isn’t scoring or setting people up, which he’s barely done either, he’s useless.

To sum it all up, he’s useless. What a terrible dman, it’s borderline embarrassing to watch him in our own end.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

Wait a second ...

I thought Leafs fans said Gardiner was a #10D on any successful team, and was useless and heartless?
I thought Leafs fans said Kadri was totally invisible on the 3rd line and cost the team two playoffs in a row?

My bad nvm, I totally forgot Leaf fans have the worst case of recency bias :sarcasm:

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I've loved Barrie's play since Keefe tookover. If he keeps it up, re-signing him to a fair contract should be a priority IMO.

Rielly on the other hand ... Most disappointing D on the team this season, and that's saying something considering Barrie was trash under Babcock.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I've loved Barrie's play since Keefe tookover. If he keeps it up, re-signing him to a fair contract should be a priority IMO.

Rielly on the other hand ... Most disappointing D on the team this season, and that's saying something considering Barrie was trash under Babcock.

You must be watching a different sport if you think Barrie has been good at any point beyond the 2 games after Keefe took over.

I have never seen a player be so poor defensively and offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad