Player Discussion Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Boeser shouldn't be or doesn't need to be traded if Toffoli is re-signed. Eriksson must be moved however but it will likely cost the Canucks a future 1st round pick thanks to Benning. Baerstchi can be bought out and Sutter traded perhaps with retention. I don't think Markstrom will be back.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Brook ward on 1040 just said the Canucks are close to sealing a new deal with Tofu.
Interesting if true. From all reports, Tofoli, Tanev and Markstrom were all desperate to return to the Canucks.....but Tofoli and his agent may have gotten to Benning first with the best 'home-town' discount.

This would probably be a smart move for Tofoli and his agent.....I suspect this off-season will be a disappointing one for the players testing the UFA waters....too many teams with COVID-related revenue problems and 'internal salary caps' that are far below the current $81.5m flat cap.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
News swirling Toffoli deal is pretty much done, doesn’t look like Tanev & Markstrom will resign.

Top 6 is set for the next few years, will have to find a solid defenceman and decent goalie to mitigate the impact.
Without Marky and Tanev Green will need to change his systems to far more conservative.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
bye bye tanev and markstrom? isn't bennings job say hes gonna move money out first before signing?
I’m wondering if Benning moving out money is simply not offering contracts to Troy and Jake? That saves about 6 million. He did say they had to make choices about their RFAs. And it sounds like he’s not interested in adding sweetener to dump contracts. That six million can sign Tofu, and have enough left over to have two league minimum salary guys to replace Troy and Jake.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I’m wondering if Benning moving out money is simply not offering contracts to Troy and Jake? That saves about 6 million. He did say they had to make choices about their RFAs. And it sounds like he’s not interested in adding sweetener to dump contracts. That six million can sign Tofu, and have enough left over to have two league minimum salary guys to replace Troy and Jake.

hes running out of time lol. the longer he waits the longer other teams will dump their players to ottawa detroit..

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
hes running out of time lol. the longer he waits the longer other teams will dump their players to ottawa detroit..
Totally agree. Benning needs to get a move on. Get Tofu locked up. We don’t have a replacement for him.

Reactions: David71

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I'm doing okay. Just waiting for some good news coming out of the Canucks camp. How are you doing?
Alright i guess, been working STEADY during the pandemic so cant complain i guess. Looking forward to the offseason to see some activity. Really excited to see the guys start the new season with that HUGE playoff experience under the belt now

Reactions: F A N

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
2nd round picks dont statistically make the NHL anyways so the trade was worth it!

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Good.

Over-rated winger.

I mean he'd probably put up 45-55 pts stapled on a PP with Hughes and Pettersson.

Its not that I dislike the player I just don't think he's a 5M guy. One dimensional.

Reactions: PM

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Top 6 looks disappointing without him on the right side tbh because you have to move up a player who isn't good enough to play top 6 (Eriksson, Leivo, Virtanen, MacEwan, etc.)

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I was firmly in the bring him back camp (at 20M either over 4 or 5 years) so this is disappointing. Timing seems somewhat odd however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad