Eklund Rumor: Tyler Myers to Leafs/Bolts?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
For Leafs to take Myers and his bloated salary and average play.

Jet's retain half salary and maybe the Jets have to add to the trade for a 7th rounder.

Jet's don't like it, Leafs will find other ways to spend 5.5m

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
he is coming off an 11 game season.

he has missed 147 games since 2012 with a variety of ailments..
a healthy tyler myers helps this team. but it probably doesnt make sense for the leafs to trade assets for an injury prone player with a big contract.

Fwiw, he had hip surgery + knee surgery to fix lingering issues in 2016, and they're fixed. The injury he had this year, according to Maurice, was a different LBI (probably a groin) that could have been affected by his extra range in motion due to his hip finally being fixed (again, probably a groin).

He was having full contact practices at the end of the year, so assuming he doesn't have a freak injury he won't have any lingering issues or injuries coming into this year.

That being said, you're right to be worried, but that's also why his value is less and would cost less than a guy like Vatanen, and if he does manage to stay healthy it would be a great deal.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm saying the Leafs and even most of the GMs on this site can find better ways to spend 5.5m than on Myers. Sounds like you're a Myers supporter. Jets have spend so wisely on DMen, Buff at 7.6, Enstorm 5.6m, Myers 5.5,

We're not spending 5.5 million on Myers, and he doesn't have a bloated salary. When healthy he's a top 4 dman. If you choose to remain oblivious to all of this, feel free.:thumbu:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If we trade with the Jets I would much rather go for Trouba. I know the price will be higher than Myers but that's what happens when you trade for a player of Jacob's caliber and it's understood you gotta pay up if you wanna get someone like that.

Needless to say Yzerman is targeting the WRONG player if any of these rumors are true.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Most ***** fans are uninformed and fubar! Sorry about the the good ones, the daft the drunk and the behind! **** the Leafs!

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
We're not spending 5.5 million on Myers, and he doesn't have a bloated salary. When healthy he's a top 4 dman. If you choose to remain oblivious to all of this, feel free.:thumbu:
Please quit trying to sell him. Unless Enstrom waives it becomes a choice of exposing him or losing 1 of Lowry/Perrault going 7-3-1.
I'm hoping McPhee doesn't see past the injuries & selects 1 of the Jets surplus young forwards like Dano or Copp.
Repeat after me "LV & other teams don't want to take a chance on Myers after he missed most of last year. 0 trade value so McPhee would be wasting a pick taking him. Let the Jets take a chance he's fully recovered & gives them that strong RD again." :)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm saying the Leafs and even most of the GMs on this site can find better ways to spend 5.5m than on Myers. Sounds like you're a Myers supporter. Jets have spend so wisely on DMen, Buff at 7.6, Enstorm 5.6m, Myers 5.5,

He's not being paid 5.5 mil. That's his cap hit. His salary for the next 2 years is 3.5 & 3.0 mil. A bargain at the price if he plays 70 games a season.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
For Leafs to take Myers and his bloated salary and average play.

Jet's retain half salary and maybe the Jets have to add to the trade for a 7th rounder.

Jet's don't like it, Leafs will find other ways to spend 5.5m

Myers would be your third best Dman and your best RHD

What a joke.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Lightning would have to make sure both Garrison and Killorn are gone next year.. and even then it would still be tight.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
As a Leafs fan I'd like to see what he could do with Gards. Saying that, with his injuries I don't think Leafs are willing to give up what you guys want.
I'd offer Bozak and a wingood prospect like Timashov. You can flip Bozi for a 2nd + low tier prospect if you like pretty easily.

Can't see us offering more than that, and we need the few d we have.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I mean if you gave him to us for basically free I wouldn't say no, but I'd rather not pay what Winnipeg would want. Way too much injury risk

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He's not being paid 5.5 mil. That's his cap hit. His salary for the next 2 years is 3.5 & 3.0 mil. A bargain at the price if he plays 70 games a season.

He could be paid 800 million dollars and all the Leafs would care about is what his cap hit is. "The Leafs spend 5.5m" could and does mean 5.5 million in cap space.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Fwiw, he had hip surgery + knee surgery to fix lingering issues in 2016, and they're fixed. The injury he had this year, according to Maurice, was a different LBI (probably a groin) that could have been affected by his extra range in motion due to his hip finally being fixed (again, probably a groin).

He was having full contact practices at the end of the year, so assuming he doesn't have a freak injury he won't have any lingering issues or injuries coming into this year.

That being said, you're right to be worried, but that's also why his value is less and would cost less than a guy like Vatanen, and if he does manage to stay healthy it would be a great deal.

what exactly is the cost?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Please quit trying to sell him. Unless Enstrom waives it becomes a choice of exposing him or losing 1 of Lowry/Perrault going 7-3-1.
I'm hoping McPhee doesn't see past the injuries & selects 1 of the Jets surplus young forwards like Dano or Copp.
Repeat after me "LV & other teams don't want to take a chance on Myers after he missed most of last year. 0 trade value so McPhee would be wasting a pick taking him. Let the Jets take a chance he's fully recovered & gives them that strong RD again." :)

I couldnt care either way if he's traded, i'm simply correcting an incorrect statement about him and also responding to a thread asking about Myers in a trade.

Not trying to "sell him"

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
what exactly is the cost?

Right now he's probably worth a good prospect and a pick that's not a first due to his injury history.

That's why I imagine the Jets wouldn't sell low atm.

His real salary is also much lower than his cap hit which factors in with the Jets org.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If we trade with the Jets I would much rather go for Trouba. I know the price will be higher than Myers but that's what happens when you trade for a player of Jacob's caliber and it's understood you gotta pay up if you wanna get someone like that.

Needless to say Yzerman is targeting the WRONG player if any of these rumors are true.

If Myers was traded that would mean Trouba is untouchable, so the rumour never stated Myers was being shopped just that these two teams were pushing to get him. But if Myers was being shopped, again it would mean Trouba is untouchable. The list of players I think most Jets fans would trade Trouba for is very small, partly b/c he fills a huge need for us (#1D stud) & the fact he's so damn good.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Myers would be interesting and likely cheaper than someone like Tanev or Vatanen.. but yeah we're not moving Dermott in that deal.

Dermott has progressed well each year since we drafted him and is expected to get a long look in camp this upcoming season. And yeah sure maybe he doesn't end up as good as Myers, but he also could end up as good! And it'd be much better for our team if we have Dermott making less than 5.5m for the next 4-5 years (2 more ELC years + bridge deal) while we deal with the cap for all our allstars.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs were actually targeting Myers. He's a great buy-low candiate.
I can't see him costing anything major and if he's healthy he's a decent #4.

If he costs any more than some combo of Bozak/Bracco/Brooks/Liepsic/2nd/3rd I'd pass though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad