Eklund Rumor: Tyler Myers to Leafs/Bolts?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Our good buddy and top insider Eklund is reporting the Leafs and Bolts are making BIG pushes to get Tyler Myers. Tyler ended the season healthy and practicing full contact with the team and was reported to be ready to play if the Jets had made the playoffs. Thoughts?

Contract two more years at 5.5 cap hit and a real salary of 3.5 & 3.0.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Our good buddy and top insider Eklund is reporting the Leafs and Bolts are making BIG pushes to get Tyler Myers. Tyler ended the season healthy and practicing full contact with the team and was reported to be ready to play if the Jets had made the playoffs. Thoughts?

Contract two more years at 5.5 cap hit and a real salary of 3.5 & 3.0.

Alrighty then....scratch Myers off the list of D that the Leafs will be getting.

To add, I hope the term "big push" is left for the Bolts.

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
What does Winnipeg want for him?

Only way I see the Jets trading him is if Trouba is signed 1st. Can't see the Jets playing Myers on the 3rd pairing with a 5.5 cap hit, not sure if they would play him (or buff) on left side or not, they never have so far. Can't see them playing Trouba on the left side again.

Our needs are top 4 LHD (long term guy), D prospects and a good starting goalie (either 1-2 bridge guy or long term starter). Can't see Myers returning any top 4 long term guy, so maybe top 4 D prospect & pick. Don't offer us any wingers. Maybe a decent 3C might help us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Eklund is always wrong. Thank god. If we get Tyler Myers, I have to seriously question what the Leafs are doing. We need a D but we're not that desperate.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
Don't be silly, Myers wouldn't return either

Majority of the guys people ask for Nylander and Marner for wouldn't actually fetch them either.

Hope the Leafs avoid this one though but I guess it depends what the asking price is.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Majority of the guys people ask for Nylander and Marner for wouldn't actually fetch them either.

Hope the Leafs avoid this one though but I guess it depends what the asking price is.

Two years of Myers isn't worth either Marner or Nylander and I'm a Jets fan.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Eklund is always wrong. Thank god. If we get Tyler Myers, I have to seriously question what the Leafs are doing. We need a D but we're not that desperate.

Injuries last two years aside he's a good top 4 guy. Obviously injuries are a concern and would require medical checks before anyone trades for him.

TBC

Dec 22, 2016
Two years of Myers isn't worth either Marner or Nylander and I'm a Jets fan.

Myers signed long term on a good cap hit isn't worth Nylander or Marner.

Do you think a deal revolving around Bozak for Myers could work?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Tampa has no cap space whatsoever for this kind of acquisition. As for the Leafs, Dermott is a starting point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00