Eklund Rumor: Tyler Myers to Leafs/Bolts?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Myers for Killorn if Winnipeg can retain the difference in salary?

Not happening. Getting rid of Myers should ONLY be done to cut cap (and the potential health risks, which we know more about the second the ED protection lists are out). If we use the 5,5 million of cap space we'd get in Killorn's contract, we are just making things more complicated for ourselves in the future - all while weakening in the position in which we need help.

From the Bolts, the guy I would go after would be Dotchin, and we know exactly how well your cap structure would handle that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not happening. Getting rid of Myers should ONLY be done to cut cap (and the potential health risks, which we know more about the second the ED protection lists are out). If we use the 5,5 million of cap space we'd get in Killorn's contract, we are just making things more complicated for ourselves in the future - all while weakening in the position in which we need help.

From the Bolts, the guy I would go after would be Dotchin, and we know exactly how well your cap structure would handle that.

How do you plan on moving Myers and not taking cap back? With his mounting injuries and numbers declining, while carrying that kind of caphit, what do you expect back?

We would have to send Garrison back in any deal, 4.6 for 1 year. I would do Dotchin + Garrison for Myers. You get a cheap 3rd pair RD and a veteran LD while we get a good 2nd pair RD when healthy.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Would absolutely love to have him beside Brodie, but Winnipeg would want defense, and Calgary wouldn't have anyone available that the Jets would want.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Keep Myers. His value is low now. Let him have a strong, healthy season, as expected by him, the docs and the Jets. Selling low is a bad strategy.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Our good buddy and top insider Eklund is reporting the Leafs and Bolts are making BIG pushes to get Tyler Myers. Tyler ended the season healthy and practicing full contact with the team and was reported to be ready to play if the Jets had made the playoffs. Thoughts?

Contract two more years at 5.5 cap hit and a real salary of 3.5 & 3.0.

1 of the top 10 injury prone players in the game... has never really put his offense game together... is still a bit shaky defensively... not very physical for his size... and turns 28 this year so little reason to expect a ton of improvement

basically an average middle pair dman being paid first pair money

if he was an ufa id expect teams to be interested but if winnipeg wants value for him, id pass

2nd round pick... or unwanted contract...

or part of a bigger deal

its too bad... i thought myers had potential to be the next chara... good skills for such a big guy but he hasnt had much of a career yet

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Eklund is always wrong. Thank god. If we get Tyler Myers, I have to seriously question what the Leafs are doing. We need a D but we're not that desperate.

Myers is a very good defenseman when healthy. The problem is he hasn't been healthy very much recently. I would still take a chance on him if the price is right.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
The odds of Dermott becoming a middle pairing guy can't be higher then Myers becoming healthy again can they?

Dermott was a 2nd round pick, produced in junior and just had a solid rookie AHL season. What exactly makes you think he can't be a #4? I'm assuming you've never watched him, so i'm not sure your opinion should be taken seriously anyway.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Myers is a very good defenseman when healthy. The problem is he hasn't been healthy very much recently. I would still take a chance on him if the price is right.

It would have to be pennies on the dollar for Myers to make any sense on the Leafs

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Myers would be too big of a risk for any team to trade for at this point, so he has next to no value on the market.

If he can have a couple of fully healthy seasons, his value will sky rocket. Unfortunately, I think this is very unlikely so the Jets are better off keeping him.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What's the status quo on long term hf bets? I'd bet my vcash, username, and profile photo that Dermott never touched myers career production...typical over valuation of prospects over a sure thing instance.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It would have to be pennies on the dollar for Myers to make any sense on the Leafs

Big top 4 RHD. Can play the 2nd PP and 1st PK. What makes you think he wouldn't be a fit?

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Myers
Borgman - Carrick/UFA

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
What's the status quo on long term hf bets? I'd bet my vcash, username, and profile photo that Dermott never touched myers career production...typical over valuation of prospects over a sure thing instance.

What are thoughts from Sabres fans about Guhle and Fitzgerald? Future top 4 defensemen? Yeah I thought so. Now come to the realization that they are on the same prospect level as Dermott.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wouldn't the jets want a LHD?

the leafs don't have one of those to give away. Gardiner is the closest in value, but the leafs arent trading him for a guy who just missed 71 games.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009

I'd do the same for Dermott not missing 48% of his available games with injury over the past 6 years. 67% of his games lost to injury if you're only looking at the past 3 years.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Big top 4 RHD. Can play the 2nd PP and 1st PK. What makes you think he wouldn't be a fit?

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Myers
Borgman - Carrick/UFA

he is coming off an 11 game season.

he has missed 147 games since 2012 with a variety of ailments..
a healthy tyler myers helps this team. but it probably doesnt make sense for the leafs to trade assets for an injury prone player with a big contract.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

so you wanna compare a dman that isnt offense first to a guy that came into the league running the PP? :laugh:

at least make in Nielsen vs Myers

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
he is coming off an 11 game season.

he has missed 147 games since 2012 with a variety of ailments..
a healthy tyler myers helps this team. but it probably doesnt make sense for the leafs to trade assets for an injury prone player with a big contract.

I said if the price is right, which is not giving up top assets. He's worth a shot as he only has two years left and can help the team if he can play the majority of the next two seasons.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I said if the price is right, which is not giving up top assets. He's worth a shot as he only has two years left and can help the team if he can play the majority of the next two seasons.

and what would said price be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad