Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Aside from being stupid, he also can't play hockey. He lets players back him up as they attack, he can't make simple passes, he's 2.4 seconds slower than everyone else on everything.

Reactions: timw33

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Just like that.
Just one game is all it took
and Tyler Myers is back into 2nd place in the NHL in minors taken.

guy was 3rd in the playoffs despite playing 2 less series.

didnt skip a beat. right where he left off.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Armia is out with a concussion....the NHL's player safety committee is going to throw the book at Myers....wouldn't surprise me if gets 3-5 games.

And that would leave the Canucks with no option but to promote Rathbone to join Juolevi and Rafferty in their top four. Chatfield might have been an option, but looking like he'll be gone for some time with an 'upper body injury'. And the only d-men left in the organization are Sautner and Brisebois in the AHL.

Five games in, and the Canucks are already trying to survive with an AHL defense. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
We're reaching a point where I seriously consider offering Seattle a draft pick for them to claim Myers. Granted, if he continues to play this bad... even that may not be enough. One more awful contract to add onto the pile. How is this moron (Benning) still employed?

Reactions: Mr4legs

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Aside from being stupid, he also can't play hockey. He lets players back him up as they attack, he can't make simple passes, he's 2.4 seconds slower than everyone else on everything.
And there is zero reason for it.

No one goes from super awesome rookie year to sucking ass unless they are f***ing lazy.

Hes learned to rely on his height and reach advantages and less effort.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I'm so disgusted, I took the word "appreciation" out of the thread title. No one this bad deserves it.

Embarassing hockey player. I'd rather have Luca Sbisa back.
Gotta be honest Im disappointed in you.

Normally youre a good poster but failing to insert depreciation in the thread is pretty egregious.

Because thats all he is: a depreciating asset.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I remember. I also remember calling out this bad contract 3 months before it was even signed.
I think 80-90% of us did

Infact I remember three months before the signing we were hearing rumours of $6 million for 4-6 seasons, then days before the UFA frenzy rumours went up to $7-8 million and up to 6-8 seasons... And as expected we were all even more worried... Then signed the $6 million 5 year nightmare and the bigger supporters of the GM were like 'see all those $7-8 million fears were for nothing! Victory'

Reactions: y2kcanucks

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Just as we're finally getting close to be getting rid of Eriksson's contract, we have Myers contract to take his place. Another horrible contract via Jim Benning.

for three glorious years we have/had both

that's half of each contract

068bb064bbf2af25a368af5da9e25048.gif

And there is zero reason for it.

No one goes from super awesome rookie year to sucking ass unless they are f***ing lazy.

Hes learned to rely on his height and reach advantages and less effort.

with that rookie year, he also had an ideal partner in henrik tallinder. the minute he lost the mitchell/hamhuis to his bieksa, he began regressing. (which of course is also why benning shot himself in the foot by signing myers and in the process losing tanev, who was that valuable player that allowed quinn be the best rookie quinn he could be.)

not long after, they got ehrhoff and myers lost his PP role, offensively stagnated, and then became one of those "what are you supposed to be?" defencemen.

not saying he isn't also lazy though. he totally is.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Myers' penalties since the play-in is so odd. This has historically been a player who has manged to keep his PIM to below a penalty minute per game. He had 49 PIM in 68 regular season games for the Canucks last season. The previous season he had 63PIM and 48 before that. His last 16 games he has had 42 PIM!!! and it's not because he's been fighting. Like WTF

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Myers' penalties since the play-in is so odd. This has historically been a player who has manged to keep his PIM to below a penalty minute per game. He had 49 PIM in 68 regular season games for the Canucks last season. The previous season he had 63PIM and 48 before that. His last 16 games he has had 42 PIM!!! and it's not because he's been fighting. Like WTF

He's being relied on way more and has been playing as if he's not. Lazy lazy plays, gets caught, takes penalty - repeat

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Slower lazier?

You know pretty much everyone when they age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad