Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I don’t see a thread about Tyler Myers, so I figured I’d start one. He’s been fantastic for These 10 games. He’s alleviated pressure on Chris Tanev and I think that’s really helped him. I feel much more comfortable with Myers out there over guys like MDZ, Derrick Pouliot or whatever AHL d man de jour we have

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think he's been a low key #4 guy, I was expecting worse and still think a downward slide is more than possible this season and likely beyond season 3. So overall still a bad idea but I'll take the good for now, better than watching real gud or pouliot or chatfield brutal playing.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
He sucked in the preseason. I thought he'd need some serious sheltering and hand-holding from our established D like Tanev. Turns out his regular season play has been pretty good from many accounts. Colour me surprised.:thumbu:

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Good player. Like how he brings the play up ice and so far seems to be a good partner for Edler. Was impressed by his interview, comes across as well spoken and level headed in the Canuck mould.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Performs much better than I thought I would, good for him.

Does get lost in the d zone sometimes but his puck transition and offensive zone lateral movements have been good. Hopefully he keeps it up.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
a much more stabilizing player than we have had in years past. Actually does move and carry the puck well for a big defenseman. Very disappointed by the last large defenseman I heard that about coming in.

Reactions: Hit the post

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
He moved the puck really well against a good Washington team last night. Not much more you can ask for, he’s been great.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still early....the proof in the pudding will come when the Canucks blueliners are felled by injury, and Myers has to play big minutes in a top-two role....that's when things went sideways in Winterpeg.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he is a solid relief having him around. It takes that much pressure off of Hughes, Tanev Edler by having him there. A very welcomed addition to our top 4 and vital component for our playoff aspirations.

Reactions: bh53

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Still early....the proof in the pudding will come when the Canucks blueliners are felled by injury, and Myers has to play big minutes in a top-two role....that's when things went sideways in Winterpeg.

ummmm.... for a lot of teams things will go sideways if there are injuries to the top pairing.

Reactions: bh53 and Nomobo

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
What? Do you watch the games?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Same can be said for a lot of players though. Shouldn't really be an indictment of him, so much as the depth of the team.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hes low key been a big part of the success. Such an upgrade over what we've had in recent years.

I think playing with Edler has helped him be better than he finished in WPG aswell, that's a great spot for him.
Agreed. Hes suprised me, maybe still overpaid but will wait til more of the season to be played to conclude that

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Can't . . .

. . . help . . .

. . . myself . . .

xsz497k.gif

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
That 3-0 was going to happen regardless if Myers bowled over his own man. Not really Myers fault. His mistake on the play was shooting it wide but that's one of the quirks of 3 on 3 that will eventually come to him as he gets used to playing it the way we do over time.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hes low key been a big part of the success. Such an upgrade over what we've had in recent years.

I think playing with Edler has helped him be better than he finished in WPG aswell, that's a great spot for him.
Agreed..I was expecting him to a lot worse defensively...has not been the case at all...Top 4 d-man confirmed.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Yes, I've had to eat a bit of crow on this player. He looks like a solid #4 to me, even a #3 on a good night. That being said he has made some bone headed plays (obviously the OT against St Louis, and of course the horrendous give away against Calgary) but overall he's been far, far better than expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad