Confirmed with Link: TYLER MOTTE TO NYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
So far I think Drury's deadline last year was better.
well he had way more cap space which helped. If I remember Vatrano was basically stolen because Florida was in cap hell. Hey still a great job to jump on it but still having the extra cap space helped facilitate deals.
So far I think Drury has done ok with what he has at his disposal.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Happy to have Motte back,sad to see Gauthier go.If he gets more minutes with the Sens and better linemates,he could become a very capable 3rd liner

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Eh, I liked having Gauthier around as forward depth and am happy with how he's changed his game around this year. He realistically wasn't going to be in the lineup for the playoffs or kept in the organization beyond this year, so I get going with someone who at least adds the element of being a special teams player for the final stretch.

Motte just needs to find a way to stay healthy

Reactions: kovazub94

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
idk what hes doing on the team. hes not an nhler and hes played far too many games with us as is.
s-l300.jpg

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Eh, I liked having Gauthier around as forward depth and am happy with how he's changed his game around this year. He realistically wasn't going to be in the lineup for the playoffs or kept in the organization beyond this year, so I get going with someone who at least adds the element of being a special teams player for the final stretch.

Motte just needs to find a way to stay healthy
this is also true, it didn’t really matter how well Gaut played cause there was no way he was going to get playoff time from GG. so, fair

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
this is also true, it didn’t really matter how well Gaut played cause there was no way he was going to get playoff time from GG. so, fair
Yeah, especially with how frequently Gallant has been cutting down the fourth line's minutes in recent games - not that I think that's necessarily a bad thing anyways. I'd have to double check how teams like CAR/COL/TB rolled their fourth line in the playoffs, but riding the top-9 that heavily through March/April seems like an easy way to burn them out.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
bad trade, Gauthier is better
You only think about “good” Gauthier. There was still a “disappearing” Gauthier on far too many occasions. Not a complain per se but Motte is consistently being a lot more than that Gauthier.

This is before the concern about ability to keep him after the season.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Gauthier played with good players here. When he didn't perform, he was moved to the 4th line.
Thats disingenuous. He was elevated above the fourth line for maybe one or two games. He earned 3rd line minutes this year & was overlooked. Kravtsov, who did nothing to earn it, got way more of a shot playing on the top 3 lines than Gauthier did.

Gauthier's season was derailed by 2 concussions in a week...one from his own teammate. Blais' biggest impact here of the season.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Happy to have Motte back,sad to see Gauthier go.If he gets more minutes with the Sens and better linemates,he could become a very capable 3rd liner
Gauthier was ok in my book. Big, fast, went to the net, caused some penalties. Motte is the better overall player though so happy with the trade especially since Gauthier was not going to be on this team next year.

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
Why isn't he built for the playoffs? He's big, strong & fast
I feel like when things start tightening up in the postseason you need a more solid checking line w/more D mindedness. Motte and Goodrow fit that bill whereas JG might try and be more creative offensively with little success. The 4th line should be something that you can throw at the other team’s top line to shut them down until Bread and Co come back on to (hopefully) score. Just my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad