Confirmed with Link: TYLER MOTTE TO NYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Re: Cap Space, Rangers still have Jake L at 766K and Vk at 850k on the roster. Plus 150k. So, roughly 1.75 to fit in 1 or 2 players.

Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
IIRC all the reports were that Motte was holding out for a two-year deal which is why he didn't sign until the middle of September. Obviously he didn't get it, but the Rangers weren't going to wait around.

As far as Gauthier, I do think he's a decent bottom six option, but we don't really have much space for a RW who doesn't score much and doesn't kill penalties. He cleared waivers earlier this year and it's not like he has suddenly become a dramatically different player since then. He is what he is. If he ends up becoming that guy who blossoms at 26, good for him.

Seems like a reasonable move, trading a guy with very limited value and who likely wasn't in your plans for a guy who fills needs on your current roster.
He will have to become a more physical player in Ottawa.....and I think he will with Tkachuk . He likely will receive a lot more ice and he is also closer to home and there likely will be a bit of pressure on him......plus his last 20 games here will determine what his next deal could be possibly.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Gauthier was on his way out of the league and he turned it around and salvaged his career. Good for him.

I like this move because Gauthier clearly didn’t have a future here, most likely would’ve been a scratch in the playoffs anyway. He asked for a trade last year anyway. Motte definitely fits the fourth line role better.

Motte has a very high motor and is a relentless forechecker which is exactly what we need on the 4th line. If you ask me the 4th line should be Vesey-Goodrow-Motte. I know Gallant doesn’t want Goodrow at 4c permanently though so we’re probably looking at him and Vesey alternating in the top 6 while the other is 4LW. I’m still curious about acquiring Kane if it’s super cheap and having him in that top 6 spot. It’s more likely Drury gets a 4C though.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I actually don’t love this, mainly because Gaut showed real signs of improvement and was at least a larger framed player for the 4th line.

But I do love Motte, happy to have him back in the fold.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Liked the way Gauth was coming along a bit, but fine with this price.

Kreider - Zib - Vesey (boo)
Bread - Trochek - Tank
Laf - Chyt - KK
Motte - Goodrow - ???

We shouldn’t role Leshitshow or Brodzinski there and Cullye might be too green for the playoffs. Krav doesn’t fit.

So I think we either should acquire another low cost 4th liner or see if we’re capable of acquiring a middle six type who can bump Vesey down to create a very strong 4th line.

Reactions: bl02

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Liked the way Gauth was coming along a bit, but fine with this price.

Kreider - Zib - Vesey (boo)
Bread - Trochek - Tank
Laf - Chyt - KK
Motte - Goodrow - ???

We shouldn’t role Leshitshow or Brodzinski there and Cullye might be too green for the playoffs. Krav doesn’t fit.

So I think we either should acquire another low cost 4th liner or see if we’re capable of acquiring a middle six type who can bump Vesey down to create a very strong 4th line.
My guess is it’s a 4C that allows us to move Goodrow around. One of the top 9 Ws (likely Vesey) will be sharing w/ Goodrow, as I suspect he’s going to see a lot of mins in the POs if we’re in the lead.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
@Amazing Kreiderman what does the Rangers Salary Cap space look like after this deal?

Re: Cap Space, Rangers still have Jake L at 766K and Vk at 850k on the roster. Plus 150k. So, roughly 1.75 to fit in 1 or 2 players.
1676835611174.png

Assuming Leschyshyn will be demoted at some point, that gives us about 1.675 mil at the deadline.

If we move Kravtsov, that's another 875k.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I was never as impressed with Motte as it seems a majority here were. I liked Gauthier and wish him well.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
idk what hes doing on the team. hes not an nhler and hes played far too many games with us as is.
i wish i knew... he's definitely not part of an effective 4th line... I have to imagine we'll bring in a 4C?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad