Confirmed with Link: Tyler Kennedy released in camp, now back on another PTO

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
If Kennedy is going to replace one of Gionta or O'Neil I have no problem with it. If that isn't the case, I do. How many 4th liners to we need? Especially with Matteau sitting.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If it can click, Elias-Josefson-Tlusty could potentially be a very effective 3rd line for us.

I kind of think that line is too finesse though? You can't just have smallish skill especially when the skill is questionable at best

And if Kennedy is replacing O'Neill who would Elias replace? It'd have to be one of Tootoo/Farnham/Tlusty and you can't really take Farnham out in the near future

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Farnham has made it really hard to take him out of the lineup. He's feisty, he's quick as hell, and he has no problem picking up garbage in front of the net.

I think it's a given O'Neill gets sent down. Honestly, I think Matteau is going to be trade bait. He's not a Shero guy and clearly has issues staying on the ice at this level. It would be good to move him while he's still young and has SOME value.

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri
Kalinin-Zajac-Stempniak
Elias-Josefson-Tlusty
Tootoo- Two of Kennedy/Gionta/Farnham/Matteau/Ruutu

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I doubt we can trade Matteau to anyone at this point unless Lou still likes him. He's basically in purgatory otherwise.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Farnham has made it really hard to take him out of the lineup. He's feisty, he's quick as hell, and he has no problem picking up garbage in front of the net.

Farnham really has been amazing so far with his speed. Can you imagine if someone taught him some elite puck handling skills? He'd be weaving in and out of the other team's defense and scoring constantly.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007

I think it's a given O'Neill gets sent down. Honestly, I think Matteau is going to be trade bait. He's not a Shero guy and clearly has issues staying on the ice at this level. It would be good to move him while he's still young and has SOME value.

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri
Kalinin-Zajac-Stempniak
Elias-Josefson-Tlusty
Tootoo- Two of Kennedy/Gionta/Farnham/Matteau/Ruutu

I don't think it has anything to do with being a Shero guy or not. I'm not sure he is tradeable. He's not an NHL player, that's the problem. Lou really ****ed this kid on keeping him up here as long as he did. He wasn't ready then, he's not ready now.

He needed another year in the A. I'm not sure an NHL team would even trade for him because he may not be worth a roster spot and if they waivered him - he might get claimed. I'd say there's a chance we kill his value so much by not playing him with hope we can sneak him through waivers and get him in the minors for the rest of the year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Matteau + 2016 2nd for Killorn pls

I've been saying this.

I would so be behind this.

Adding Killorn to our third line would instantly make this team a threat.

Cammalleri - Henrique - Stempniak
Kalinin - Zajac - Palmieri
Elias - Killorn - Tlusty
Farnham - Josefson - Gionta
Tootoo - Kennedy (?)

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I've been saying this.

I would so be behind this.

Adding Killorn to our third line would instantly make this team a threat.

Cammalleri - Henrique - Stempniak
Kalinin - Zajac - Palmieri
Elias - Killorn - Tlusty
Farnham - Josefson - Gionta
Tootoo - Kennedy (?)

Tootoo or Kennedy should be in over Gionta

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Tootoo has contributed ten times more to the team than Gionta. I can't see taking him out of the lineup.

I disagree on that point. Tootoo has been a notable detriment to the team aside from a few PPGs. When the teams healthy, he doesn't play that role, hopefully.

Tootoo gets destroyed in possession and shots and doesn't produce at even strength. His defensive play is probably the worst on this team -- which is more of a testament to how well our forwards play defensively -- and he's not reliable at all in the defensive zone.

Say what you want about Gionta you can't avoid the fact that he's a good defensive player -- I would much rather that on my fourth line than Tootoo.

EDIT: Looks like he's done a lot better of late and has see a surprising amount of defensive zone starts. His stats were really bad for a while.

Last edited:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I know Kennedy has played a bit of center in the past. But, the question is, can he do it effectively if signed? Barring any other moves, it seems if everyone is healthy on the roster, that is the ideal spot for him with Farnham and tootoo on his wings. That could change, since you never know if a fourth liners game might go to hell outta nowhere, but as of right now that's where I stand.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Well I was talking about trades. I doubt we'd ever trade anyone of any consequence to the Rags.

You're giving Matteau a bit of credit calling him someone of consequence.

With Lou here, I'd agree with you, but I don't think Hynes and Shero hate the Rangers.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't think it has anything to do with being a Shero guy or not. I'm not sure he is tradeable. He's not an NHL player, that's the problem. Lou really ****ed this kid on keeping him up here as long as he did. He wasn't ready then, he's not ready now.

He needed another year in the A. I'm not sure an NHL team would even trade for him because he may not be worth a roster spot and if they waivered him - he might get claimed. I'd say there's a chance we kill his value so much by not playing him with hope we can sneak him through waivers and get him in the minors for the rest of the year.

Sure, but what I meant was that if Shero drafted him I'm sure he'd be a little more patient. Shero has no ties to this player and probably wants him gone as much as all of us do.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Before they send O'Neill on waivers (if that is what Shero plans to do), I'd want to see him put with players who can actually make hockey plays. Not Farnham and Gionta.... I wanna see O'Neill get like a 3-5 game trial with good offensive players... So when Elias comes back,

Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak
Kalinin-Zajac-Palmieri
Elias-Josefson-O'Neill
Farnham-Gionta-Tootoo

Scratches: Tlusty, Matteau, Kennedy?

If O'Neill doesn't perform, put him on waivers and put Tlusty in his spot.

If Tlusty doesn't perform (which he hasn't at all this season), keep him as a constant scratch (Ryder, Havlat treatment) or trade him for a 7th rounder or bag of pucks.

Then put Matteau/Kennedy/Boucher/Blandisi in that 3rd line RW slot.

Ruutu should not be on this team. He just doesn't fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00