Confirmed with Link: Tyler Kennedy released in camp, now back on another PTO

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just sign Stempniak please.

They've been playing the hell out of him and throwing him out there in all situations. I would be utterly and beyond shocked if he weren't signed at this point.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Even though I would prefer him over someone like Gionta, there just wasn't any room for him. Too bad the final cuts coincided with his personal issues, and I hope he can continue his career.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even though I would prefer him over someone like Gionta, there just wasn't any room for him. Too bad the final cuts coincided with his personal issues, and I hope he can continue his career.
I would take him on the 4th line over Gionta too, I just don't think they would have used him on the 4th line.

I don't think the personal leave of absence sealed his fate. It just seemed from about the second or third preseason game that Stempniak would be kept over him, and probably only one of them would be signed. Especially since it seems Boucher will make the time and at that time, it wasn't so certain that he would.

Might be getting a little ahead of myself here, since we haven't signed Stempniak. I'm hoping we do. Good luck to Kennedy, and I hope whatever personal he was going through was nothing major. All the best to him.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
so, whats the reason he's only played one full season in 8 years?

well, 2 if you count the 46 games out of 48 in '13 *

GP by season

46 *

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe we can give him a contract in Albany and call him up when needed, similar to Bernier in 11/12.

They would of done it if they wanted to. Doubt that's what he wants I would guess Shero would prefer not to use a contract on him (it seems he wants to keep that flexible if any gifts fall into our laps via waivers or another Blandasi situation)

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
We have enough reserves in Albany that we shouldn't need any extra bodies down there. Any of Blandisi, Thompson, Sislo, could see time this season. And I think Boucher's gonna be the odd man out once Elias comes back, barring any more injuries.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe we can give him a contract in Albany and call him up when needed, similar to Bernier in 11/12.

I'd be fine with this. Whatever keeps us from having to make call ups to the garbage like Sislo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ray offered a two way to start out in Albany and he just declined, trying to hold out for something better or maybe a European deal.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
If you can't play forward for this team, you can't play forward in the NHL.:shakehead

Not sure this is true. While the Devils have little top talent among forwards, the depth is pretty good. A lot of 3rd/4th line-calibre players pretty much on par with Kennedy. We had no need for him since we're stacked with bottom 6 forwards, but looking at some other rosters I think he could contribute somewhere else.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We're already going to have to send down one forward when Ruutu and Elias get back. Kennedy would just complicate things.

Like people have said, his improvement would be marginally better then Tootoo, Gionta, O'Neill, Farnham, and Matteau, if at all. When you combine that with him taking up a roster spot and a contract spot, it's just not worth it. As hard as it is to watch the aforementioned guys, they're all pretty reliable players sans Tootoo. They hardly really hurt you at all, so they're just place gaps for now while prospects develop.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was worried we had signed him or were rumored to sign him when the thread got bumped :P

The fact we're over a month into the season and nobody else has signed him speaks volumes. The fact we've had room for an extra forward all this time and haven't signed him speaks volumes. We picked Brian O'Neill and Bobby Farnham over him :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad