Rumor: TVA Lavoie Reporting Markov wants 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I always had the impression that Markov liked Subban the most.

The helemt kiss after the big powerplay goal

the skating around him holding the torch fingers pointed at him at the home opener

now the wedding

he loves Subban...and i bet he took bergevin kicking PK off the team worse than we all thought

Looking at capfriendly.... i honestly dont think we sign him anymore

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
At this point, you have to seriously wonder if Markov is actually contemplating the option of going to Nashville at a serious discount.

-Cup contender
-Playing with good old friends/countrymen
-No more crazy media attention

That defense would be insane.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
At this point, you have to seriously wonder if Markov is actually contemplating the option of going to Nashville at a serious discount.

-Cup contender

Where would he fit in? Push Ryan Ellis down, or play on the bottom pairing? Personally I'd play him with P.K. and play Ekholm with Josi.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Where would he fit in? Push Ryan Ellis down, or play on the bottom pairing? Personally I'd play him with P.K. and play Ekholm with Josi.

Let's say he agrees to go bottom pairing at a reduced salary. That hypothesis is not actually out of this world.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Let's say he agrees to go bottom pairing at a reduced salary. That hypothesis is not actually out of this world.

Even though he's 38, he's still better than Ekholm and Weber, and probably Josi if you get down to the nuts and bolts in it. But, I also think Josi is terribly overrated.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The helemt kiss after the big powerplay goal

the skating around him holding the torch fingers pointed at him at the home opener

now the wedding

he loves Subban...and i bet he took bergevin kicking PK off the team worse than we all thought

Nah man this is all a front you see. In fact he hates him, evidenced by Markov's "no comment" remark and Canoli Marinara's bulletproof stories, and those who say otherwise are conspiracy theorists and just out to get MB and Therrien!

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

-Cup contender

I doubt that's going to happen, but that would be quite the story. Markov taking a discount to be reunited with PK. What would the MTL media say? :laugh:

I think Markov on a cup contender, on the 3rd pairing, would be great for him, but Nashville's 3rd pairing plays 10-12 minutes per game... Markov would play on the PP, so maybe close to 15 minutes per game, but that's not much. He would need to take a serious discount and accept the fact he wouldn't play much.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I doubt that's going to happen, but that would be quite the story. Markov taking a discount to be reunited with PK. What would the MTL media say? :laugh:

I think Markov on a cup contender, on the 3rd pairing, would be great for him, but Nashville's 3rd pairing plays 10-12 minutes per game... Markov would play on the PP, so maybe close to 15 minutes per game, but that's not much. He would need to take a serious discount and accept the fact he wouldn't play much.

Nashville has a load of cap room.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Even though he's 38, he's still better than Ekholm and Weber, and probably Josi if you get down to the nuts and bolts in it. But, I also think Josi is terribly overrated.

I love Markov, but he's not better than Ekholm IMO. During the regular season, Markov will get more points and might do the job just fine, but in the playoffs, I would trust Ekholm before Markov anytime. With Subban, they were IMO the best pairing in the entire NHL during the playoffs. Not sure Markov could shut down the other teams top lines as well as Ekholm-Subban did

Nashville has a load of cap room.

Yes but I'm not sure if Markov wants to sign somewhere he's going to play 15 minutes per game or less.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Offer Ellis for Duchene straight up

Ekholm - Josi
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Weber

They still need to sign Arvidsson and Johansen though. They also need some scoring wingers.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Offer Ellis for Duchene straight up

Ekholm - Josi
Markov - Subban
Emelin - Weber

They still need to sign Arvidsson and Johansen though. They also need some scoring wingers.

Something tells me Poile might try to reunite Subban and Tavares. He's got stock to trade. Johanssen+Ellis+pick for Tavares+Hamonic.

Sign Markov for the 3rd pairing. That team wpuld be scary. Although, gotta wonder where Johanssen is in his rehabilitation.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Something tells me Poile might try to reunite Subban and Tavares. He's got stock to trade. Johanssen+Ellis+pick for Tavares+Hamonic.

Sign Markov for the 3rd pairing. That team wpuld be scary. Although, gotta wonder where Johanssen is in his rehabilitation.

Hamonic's with the Flames now.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Congrats Markov...now sign a damn contract with the habs :rant:

19761402_1591689827530106_3365429248071303168_n.jpg

Left to right: Alexei Emelin, Andrei Markov, Sonya Sonechka (Markov's wife), PK Subban

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The man needs a contract. And dancing lessons. :sarcasm:

Congrats to the bride and groom.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

I only agree about the Weber part, assuming you're talking about Yannick.

Markov definitely isn't better than Ekholm, let alone Josi...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Im blown away that you would think this...he is literally not better than any of those 3..., well, once he was, but NOT at 38 getting TORCHED by speedy wingers 5 on 5 and especially on the powerplay

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Im blown away that you would think this...he is literally not better than any of those 3..., well, once he was, but NOT at 38 getting TORCHED by speedy wingers 5 on 5 and especially on the powerplay

He's never been fast so idk why you'd Bruh up speed. 99/100 habs fans would tell you he relies on vision rather than speed. You're the 1/100

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's never been fast so idk why you'd Bruh up speed. 99/100 habs fans would tell you he relies on vision rather than speed. You're the 1/100

Aaaand that vision has brought us....what exactly? look i loved markov, but you're in the 99/100 that cant ever seem to "let go". That's you. Face it, he's gone, get over it.

he was good, and now hes thirty ****ing eight asking for a king's ransom. bye bye

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Aaaand that vision has brought us....what exactly? look i loved markov, but you're in the 99/100 that cant ever seem to "let go". That's you. Face it, he's gone, get over it.

he was good, and now hes thirty ****ing eight asking for a king's ransom. bye bye

Why do you care about his age so much? He was great for us last season.

Why does it matter?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wonder which other, if any, Habs were at his wedding. Seems everyone is assuming he only invited PK and Emelin based on that picture.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
He was great, will you give him 6 million per season?
I would give him 1 X $6M right now, yes. No hesitation. Team has $9M in cap space, one roster spot and a glaring need.

There is no question, Markov would be the teams 2nd best D if he signed right now.

There is nothing else to spend the money on, all the UFAs left are $1M guys and any trade we'd make for that white whale of a top 6 C will cost a player like Gally so we wouldn't be adding much more salary in a hypothetical Gally for RNH trade or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad