OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Was 2 great wrestling documentaries on Netflix about Jake the Snake Roberts and the Iron Sheik.Not sure if still on there,but worth the watch if they are.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Very good show. As good as Bernthal was, he is still the 2nd best punisher after Thomas Jane.
It got such a bad rap. I really liked Thomas Jane's portrayal. He worked his ass off physically for the role. Travolta was at his best overdramatic form.

There is an online video short, if you haven't checked it out. He did a one-off character reprisal.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It got such a bad rap. I really liked Thomas Jane's portrayal. He worked his ass off physically for the role. Travolta was at his best overdramatic form.

There is an online video short, if you haven't checked it out. He did a one-off character reprisal.

Dirty Laundry video?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Haven't been around in awhile for variety of reasons but all is good. This thread caught my eye. Besides the usual suspects, Breaking Bad, Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Sopranos

Do yourselves a favor fellas, go to Netflix and watch a show from the UK...Peaky Blinders with Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy....ridiculously good. If you liked Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is off the hook good.

Couple of others that have been real good another Netflix entry....Narcos all three seasons. Hard not to get hooked on that show.

On Amazon Prime...a series called Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton is well worth the watch. And one more for y'all.....go check out Justified that stars Timmothy Olyphant....quite possibly the most underrated awesome series ever made. I have more but those are a few that came up for me.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Haven't been around in awhile for variety of reasons but all is good. This thread caught my eye. Besides the usual suspects, Breaking Bad, Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, The Wire, Sopranos

Do yourselves a favor fellas, go to Netflix and watch a show from the UK...Peaky Blinders with Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy....ridiculously good. If you liked Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul is off the hook good.

Couple of others that have been real good another Netflix entry....Narcos all three seasons. Hard not to get hooked on that show.

On Amazon Prime...a series called Goliath starring Billy Bob Thornton is well worth the watch. And one more for y'all.....go check out Justified that stars Timmothy Olyphant....quite possibly the most underrated awesome series ever made. I have more but those are a few that came up for me.

Narcos - first 2 seasons were awesome. Still gotta finish S3.

Justified - 2nd greatest tv show of all time after GoT.

True Detective S1 and Fargo S1 and S2 are amazing as well.

Reactions: mjolnir13

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Wow you're hyping up Justified. I might check it out. True Detective S1 was, indeed, amazing. S2 was a letdown, though seeing Vince Vaughn bust out the dramatic chops and not doing his usual comedic shtick was nice.

Is anyone excited for Equalizer II? It will be completely pulp, but I'm still a sucker for that type of stuff.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Wow you're hyping up Justified. I might check it out. True Detective S1 was, indeed, amazing. S2 was a letdown, though seeing Vince Vaughn bust out the dramatic chops and not doing his usual comedic shtick was nice.

Is anyone excited for Equalizer II? It will be completely pulp, but I'm still a sucker for that type of stuff.

Just a hunch but something tells me Equalizer 2 won't be as good as 1st.

Goggins and Olyphant kill it. Justified has some amazing villains. Goggins was supposed to have been killed in 1st or 2nd episode but was so good the writters couldn't force themselves to kill him off.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Narcos - first 2 seasons were awesome. Still gotta finish S3.
Better than season 2 in my opinion. And they have clearly given themselves a runway of how the show will continue. But we can catch up on that once you are finished with season 3.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Better than season 2 in my opinion. And they have clearly given themselves a runway of how the show will continue. But we can catch up on that once you are finished with season 3.

Nice. S2 was good. Will need to start it soon.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Just a hunch but something tells me Equalizer 2 won't be as good as 1st.

Goggins and Olyphant kill it. Justified has some amazing villains. Goggins was supposed to have been killed in 1st or 2nd episode but was so good the writters couldn't force themselves to kill him off.

Goggins was born to play sketchy characters and villains. Very underrated supporting actor in his career.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Justified is an awesome awesome series. It's definitely in my top 4 with Breaking Bad, Deadwood (#1 by far), The Wire. The back and forth with Goggins and Olyphant is worth the price of admission. It really is amazing TV.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Justified is an awesome awesome series. It's definitely in my top 4 with Breaking Bad, Deadwood (#1 by far), The Wire. The back and forth with Goggins and Olyphant is worth the price of admission. It really is amazing TV.

"We dug coal together"

Reactions: Miamipuck

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Two interesting shows that went on recently dealing with aspects of daily lives of super rich: Trust (based on true story involving Getty family) and Succession. Good TV imho.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Any guilty pleasures you want to admit to?

I won't purposely look for it (not always true), but if Dateline or 20/20 comes on, I usually stay put. I've absorbed too much HGTV because of the wife. Married At First Sight (always fun to watch with the significant other). Snapped on Oxygen (always fun to watch with the significant other).

I hate myself.

Also, Shark Tank, Face/Off on Syfy, (recently) Drunk History on Comedy Central, Ghost Adventures, and (recently) Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. Really loved Anthony Bourdain's shows on Travel and CNN.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Any guilty pleasures you want to admit to?

I won't purposely look for it (not always true), but if Dateline or 20/20 comes on, I usually stay put. I've absorbed too much HGTV because of the wife. Married At First Sight (always fun to watch with the significant other). Snapped on Oxygen (always fun to watch with the significant other).
Yup.

Its so formulaic and bad and I can't get enough

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad