OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I started watching Narcos again....it is hard finding something decent to watch these days . Geesh....Pablo Escobar made one pile of money feeding Miami . I watched Griselda last week...it was OK . I might even have a go at Scarface this weekend for some great entertainment while the wife is out Curling .
Funny thing about Escobar-when the U.S. decided it was done tolerating Medallin, it simply shut down Noriega’s banks and thus took all of Pablo’s chips off the poker table, easy-peasy.

If crypto had been A Thing back then he would have been a nation state by now.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Was wondering if anyone had tried to watch that Amazon show Manhunt? It's about the aftermath of the Lincoln assassination.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Will, did you get around to watching the movie "Locke" yet?
I've not. What is it? I did catch Road House. Lovely little movie. Not. Don't know why Doug Liman bitched so much about a streaming release. It wasn't good enough for a theatrical release in my opinion.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Forgot the thread name and its probably buried anyway, but new info about MSG+ if anyone uses Firesticks.

Link doesnt work its just a screenshot.

Im sure this will help some people

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 4.13.00 PM.png

Reactions: NickyFotiu

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If I have to pay for MSG+, how does this help me?
It doesnt really unless you had firesticks on all of your tvs and you were already paying for the service.

It helps the viewers who dont have cable boxes in each room and want to watch the Rangers in bed or the basement, outside or something off a firestick

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This Physical 100 losers' redemption quest is messed the f*** up! How come none of these people tried tickling???

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Saw Dune again, but got to the Lincoln Square 70mm IMAX, so worth it. If you are in the area, would definitely try and get in there before it’s gone.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Started watching Quiet on the Set. phewwww boy.
It's disturbing, man... Crushed me, as I grew up on Nickelodeon. It's insane how none of the adults involved really seemed to care to sound the alarm. The one woman who referred to herself as "blowing whistles" really only seemed concerned about how Schneider's abuse and toxic culture affected her directly in terms of the 'gender discrimination'.

These poor kids had no one looking out for them... Drake's dad kept repeating.... "well, I saw this super inappropriate behavior that was happening to my son, but ehhh I let it go." It's insane that it took Drake's teenage girlfriend's mother pulling him aside to actually make any meaningful progress toward accountability.

Not to be crass, but it seems like all of the adults really just were happy to be a part of a "glamorous" industry and collect some nice big checks.

Shogun still good after five episodes.
Still good after 6 episodes too, gaining momentum. Haven't been this hyped for a show since Game of Thrones.

Reactions: Cmox

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I love the ohhhhs and ahhhs and "you're so cools" so it was very surprising when they cheered on Justin Harvey in English. :laugh:
A few of them were raised in North America, I read. Like the actor dude on Justin Harvey's team, he grew up in Toronto, was discovered by a talent agent and went over to Korea. Gibson serves the US Army in Seoul I think, lived in NY a few years.

And lol when Harvey threw an f bomb and the English caption was something else

Reactions: Chytilmania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad