OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Seen The Boys?
Never heard of it. I will look in to it. I tend to like reality TV and movies but I have really enjoyed some Netflix fictional TV. Problem is there are so many choices and I never know what is good ahead of time.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Never heard of it. I will look in to it. I tend to like reality TV and movies but I have really enjoyed some Netflix fictional TV. Problem is there are so many choices and I never know what is good ahead of time.
It's a superhero satire. What if superheroes exist but were run like a company? S4 is coming soon.

I would add Reacher as well as Jack Ryan (earlier seasons).

Speaking of Netflix, the next Physical 100 is coming on Tuesday

Reactions: Chytilmania

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I love Tom Hardy in almost anything (sorry -- his Venom character didn't cut the mustard).
I guffawed at the scene where he rides into Small Heath with his prizefighter and his meeting with Tommy to set up the fight with Aberama Gold's kid

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I guffawed at the scene where he rides into Small Heath with his prizefighter and his meeting with Tommy to set up the fight with Aberama Gold's kid
I can't think of another actor whose dramatic scenes end up with a comic twist as often as his do.

Reactions: will1066

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It's a superhero satire. What if superheroes exist but were run like a company? S4 is coming soon.

I would add Reacher as well as Jack Ryan (earlier seasons).

Speaking of Netflix, the next Physical 100 is coming on Tuesday
I only have Prime now. Maybe I will watch some more of Jack Ryan. I did months ago. I will check out the superhero satire. I may like that.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Finally watched the last two seasons (5 & 6) of Peaky Blinders. I was honestly confused by the story lines and the direction these two seasons took. The best thing about them: Tom Hardy.

Reactions: leetch99

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Talking about superheroes - Just finished up Masters of the Air on Apple and it was fantastic.

Band of Brothers will always be the best WW2 series ever, but this one was special because my Grandfather flew over 30 missions in Flying Fortresses over Germany as a turret gunner.

The flying sequences were so well done and everything was based on true events. Gotta admit it made me emotional at times thinking about what he and the rest of all of those heroes went through.

The opening intro is also amazing in and of itself. Get a good pair of headphones and watch this

If you are at all interested in the history of our country and that greatest generation its a must watch.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Talking about superheroes - Just finished up Masters of the Air on Apple and it was fantastic.

Band of Brothers will always be the best WW2 series ever, but this one was special because my Grandfather flew over 30 missions in Flying Fortresses over Germany as a turret gunner.

The flying sequences were so well done and everything was based on true events. Gotta admit it made me emotional at times thinking about what he and the rest of all of those heroes went through.

The opening intro is also amazing in and of itself. Get a good pair of headphones and watch this

If you are at all interested in the history of our country and that greatest generation its a must watch.

I was wondering about this.....couldn't make up my mind.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Everyone knows Millennials are the greatest generation.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I really liked Jack Ryan s1 but it was all downhill after it. JK was more believable in s1 as a newbie than in later season as a seasoned field vet.... my $0.02
I started Jack Ryan again but I'm going to stop. There is so much ugliness in the world nowadays that I think I should stick to comedies in TV/Movies for now.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I started Jack Ryan again but I'm going to stop. There is so much ugliness in the world nowadays that I think I should stick to comedies in TV/Movies for now.
I hear you. I love South Park but I can't watch it anymore because their satire is 100% today's reality so instead of making me laugh it has the opposite effect.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Finally watched the last two seasons (5 & 6) of Peaky Blinders. I was honestly confused by the story lines and the direction these two seasons took. The best thing about them: Tom Hardy.

I'm up to s6. The scale, scope and world-building have gotten really big, commensurate with Tommy's ascendance from a small-time bookie.

Reactions: leetch99

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If the next James Bond is Aaron Taylor-Johnson, he's starring in Kraven the Hunter this year.

I thought the Nomi was supposed to become the next 007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad