OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Just binge watched the entire Monk series. I love detective shows and this one hit the spot. Reminded me of the classic BBC detective shows that I grew up watching at my grandparents’ houses. TV valium. The list of guest stars is pretty great too.
Monk is great. Such a fun show.

Reactions: Salsa Shark

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Through 5 episodes of Shogun. It's fantastic. I'll admit though that if a show/movie has Hiroyuki Sanada, I'm in.

Also, been watching Castle with the girlfriend as a silly background show and it's fantastic. Never really watched those type of shows but I think I may start. I also love Nathan Fillion so, again, biased. Haha

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Through 5 episodes of Shogun. It's fantastic. I'll admit though that if a show/movie has Hiroyuki Sanada, I'm in.

Also, been watching Castle with the girlfriend as a silly background show and it's fantastic. Never really watched those type of shows but I think I may start. I also love Nathan Fillion so, again, biased. Haha
Castle is interesting because I thought fillion and his co-Star had great chemistry, but she hated him.

Also shogun just keeps getting better.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I don’t mind subtitles at all. I’ve watched Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, Icelandic, Finnish, Dutch, Italian and many of these movies/shows are better than the lack of originality that comes out from Hollywood now.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Just watched ‘Rebel Moon Part One’

Surprisingly good. I give it a solid Space Opera 8/10.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Never heard of "Constellation" -- thanks for the warning!!

P.S. -- I just looked it up and I don't see Colin in the cast list.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don’t mind subtitles at all. I’ve watched Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, Icelandic, Finnish, Dutch, Italian and many of these movies/shows are better than the lack of originality that comes out from Hollywood now.

Haha @ your avatar. I watched Heat again recently. Tour de force movie.

I recommend The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. Rollicking good time, and Cage and Pedro Pascal have great chemistry.

Reactions: Chytilmania

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Will we ever replace vintage Clint Eastwood and his long line of great movies ? Harry Callaghan.....still great stuff ! The new stuff today is just fair and sometimes the show is all over the place like modern day and then in the past multiple times . It is very hard to find anythng these days to watch . Bosch was great....but we need more of them . This new Sugar is just fair ...I'm trying to stay with it ....but if the gold course is up and going that will be the end of Sugar for me .

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Will we ever replace vintage Clint Eastwood and his long line of great movies ? Harry Callaghan.....still great stuff ! The new stuff today is just fair and sometimes the show is all over the place like modern day and then in the past multiple times . It is very hard to find anythng these days to watch . Bosch was great....but we need more of them . This new Sugar is just fair ...I'm trying to stay with it ....but if the gold course is up and going that will be the end of Sugar for me .
It took me (what seems like) forever to get through first two episodes of Sugar. Not sure if I'm going to continue.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It took me (what seems like) forever to get through first two episodes of Sugar. Not sure if I'm going to continue.
We watched episodes 3 & 4 last night ,,,,it seems to be picking up steam a wee bit . I will likely suffer through the remaining episodes since I am at this point . If you have not watched it already...search out the two Bosch mini series....it was great TV .

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
We watched episodes 3 & 4 last night ,,,,it seems to be picking up steam a wee bit . I will likely suffer through the remaining episodes since I am at this point . If you have not watched it already...search out the two Bosch mini series....it was great TV .
Thanks for the heads up.....am halfway thru ep 4....ep 3 was certainly more entertaining that the first two.

Didn't take to original Bosch. What are the two mini series? I know there was one about his daughter.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Who are your favorite SNL characters?

1713808977909.png

1713808998856.png

1713809019053.png

4. Gumby
5. The Californians
6. Hans & Franz
7. Wayne's World - Wayne & Garth
8. Keyrock, Unfrozen Caveman lawyer
9. Lionel Osbourne
10. Sally O'Malley
11. David Pumpkins
12. The Bronx Beat Ladies
13. Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker. He lives in a van down by the river.
14. Debbie Downer
15. The Church Lady

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023

4. Gumby
5. The Californians
6. Hans & Franz
9. Lionel Osbourne
10. Sally O'Malley
11. David Pumpkins
14. Debbie Downer
15. The Church Lady
*Eddie Murphy’s Mr. Robinson-ALWAYS sends me spiraling into hysterics.
*Eddie Murphy as Geraldo Rivera-esque in a faux ‘What it’s like to be a white person’ documentary
*Eddie Murphy’s James Brown in the ‘Hot Tub’ sketch
*Ackroyd’s ‘Bag ‘o’ Glass’ pitchman
*Belushi and Martin as killer bees

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

4. Gumby
5. The Californians
6. Hans & Franz
9. Lionel Osbourne
10. Sally O'Malley
11. David Pumpkins
14. Debbie Downer
15. The Church Lady

Those are all solid

-Toonces the driving cat
-Mallgirls, or whatever the trio of Sandler, Spade and Farley went by
-DA BEARS
-Bill Hader as Stefan, especially when he runs into one of John Mulaney's last second script edits live on air. :laugh:

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Thanks for the heads up.....am halfway thru ep 4....ep 3 was certainly more entertaining that the first two.

Didn't take to original Bosch. What are the two mini series? I know there was one about his daughter.
The original Bosch series was OK in the early episodes but there were a couple that were hard to follow I found . We both liked it though all in all . The second series was called Bosch Legacy . About the same as the first stuff . It's funny though how one can miss out on some series . We watch all the L & O series and always have but I never watched Blue Bloods before until last week . I think it is a lot better then the L&O series . It will be a large part of my streaming for the Summer in the evening after I get home from the golf course .

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The original Bosch series was OK in the early episodes but there were a couple that were hard to follow I found . We both liked it though all in all . The second series was called Bosch Legacy . About the same as the first stuff . It's funny though how one can miss out on some series . We watch all the L & O series and always have but I never watched Blue Bloods before until last week . I think it is a lot better then the L&O series . It will be a large part of my streaming for the Summer in the evening after I get home from the golf course .
I've seen every L&O franchise (including the UK eps) except for the episodes with Dennis Farina -- for some reason I hated that man on sight.

Have also seen all the Blue Bloods. L&O deals more with the legal issues and occurrences.....Blue Bloods has a more personal touch.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

4. Gumby
5. The Californians
6. Hans & Franz
9. Lionel Osbourne
10. Sally O'Malley
11. David Pumpkins
14. Debbie Downer
15. The Church Lady
I've only seen one episode of the show -- and that was because I got tickets to a taping (and I can't remember what I saw). Never understood the "hype".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad