OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Watched the Roadhouse remake. It wasn't as bad as I feared. Glad that the story wasn't exactly the same as the original. The acting by both Jake and Connor seemed odd. Id give the the original a 8.5 out of 10. Id give the remake a 4.5 out of 10.

Reactions: will1066

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Not going to spoil but the finalists for Physical 100 were definitely deserving of being there. Good winner.

I want to try the roller and see how heavy it is. Squats looked brutal!

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Watched the Roadhouse remake. It wasn't as bad as I feared. Glad that the story wasn't exactly the same as the original. The acting by both Jake and Connor seemed odd. Id give the the original a 8.5 out of 10. Id give the remake a 4.5 out of 10.
I can't recall if I ever watched the original.

• Wow

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's junk food to me. Enjoyable in the moment. Still confounded by Doug Liman's lamentations of it not being a theatrical release. It's no prestige film. And the Arturo Castro comic relief character is so out of tone and place, like he was crammed in there, maybe by studio forces. The overall tone is also choppy.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The Gentleman movie and TV show. Movie was very good. TV show im 2 eps in and its very enjoyable. Netflix for the show. Not sure what platform the movie is on these days.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I started Parasyte: The Grey. I like it so far. Never read/watched the manga of Parasyte, but the guy who made Train To Busan made it. Great zombie movie.

Reactions: ponzu4u

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Not going to spoil but the finalists for Physical 100 were definitely deserving of being there. Good winner.

I want to try the roller and see how heavy it is. Squats looked brutal!

The heck? What is this?
They don't give us a clue, do they?
Dude, this is insane.
How do they come up with these ruthless missions anyway?

I'm finishing up the last 2 eps.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The heck? What is this?
They don't give us a clue, do they?
Dude, this is insane.
How do they come up with these ruthless missions anyway?

I'm finishing up the last 2 eps.
Korean Thanos can't run for shit, and he's got no stamina. Not that I could do better but still.

• Haha
Reactions: Chytilmania

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Korean Thanos can't run for shit, and he's got no stamina. Not that I could do better but still.
Wow Harvey places
4th

The production crew are madmen. They really went all out.

Amotti is insane. Amotti is crazy. Hong Seom-Beok, please smash your torso.[/SPOILER

Last edited:

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Wow Harvey places
4th

The production crew are madmen. They really went all out.

Amotti is insane. Amotti is crazy. Hong Seom-Beok, please smash your torso.[/SPOILER
Well deserved but the game is a lot of luck too.

Would be awesome to see some of these guys in their prime. They should make this international and get one or two from every sport leagues, Olympic events and profession.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Well deserved but the game is a lot of luck too.

Would be awesome to see some of these guys in their prime. They should make this international and get one or two from every sport leagues, Olympic events and profession.
I thought what I saw at the end was a teaser for a pan-Asia competition next season. Tell me I wasn't imagining that.

Yeah, a lot of it depends on circumstances and luck. The 1 on 1s are tough because someone who would've excelled at the team events gets eliminated. The intrateam competition was a real twister. The Avengers team leader got the tables turned on him.

Reactions: Chytilmania

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I thought what I saw at the end was a teaser for a pan-Asia competition next season. Tell me I wasn't imagining that.

Yeah, a lot of it depends on circumstances and luck. The 1 on 1s are tough because someone who would've excelled at the team events gets eliminated. The intrateam competition was a real twister. The Avengers team leader got the tables turned on him.
Yes and the creator teased bringing back fan favorites.

Btw the winners name is a made up name. I can’t find what it means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad