OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Any Flight of the Conchords fans in here? I started a rewatch recently, had a dream that they made a comeback with a 3rd season, imagine my disappointment when I woke up

Loved the show. Your post made me think of some of my favorite episodes:

Kristen Wiig episode as Brahbrah and the epileptic dogs

The David Bowie episode

Tough Brets - where they form a gang

And Mugged. Too many funny episodes.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I liked Outlander - particularly because of the differing places in history that it takes place. I can see why some wouldn't like or be vested in the main character but she didn't bother me.

Yellowstone, though, now that is some really good stuff. It's like a cowboy mafia. And it works.

Reactions: leetch99

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I liked Outlander - particularly because of the differing places in history that it takes place. I can see why some wouldn't like or be vested in the main character but she didn't bother me.

Yellowstone, though, now that is some really good stuff. It's like a cowboy mafia. And it works.

Like I said, it’s not that I didn’t like it. It’s just nowhere near that must watch, I’m hooked level like some other shows. I think the fact that the show focuses on Claire and her personal turmoil and emotional storyline as the centerpiece, rather than the Scottish clans struggle against the red coats or Jamie’s rivalry with Randall makes the show weaker. Those elements are a lot more interesting than Claire’s emotions are during each event. The fact that she narrates the show makes it feel like a romantic novel at times. And it still doesn’t make it bad. It just makes it less than it could have been. It’s fine to have the romantic plot line be central, but Claire’s feelings of injustice or outrage or always being right are too constantly front and center.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

As I was saying to @Loki Dog 74, I'm giving Outlander another shot and I must admit, I'm getting into it as I'm up to episode 8 of season 1. The Randall thing is pretty good and I hope he gets what's coming too him.

And yes Yellowstone was a massive hit for me. I binged it right around the beginning of covid and I have to say it might be along with Ozark and Better Call Saul, the best cable TV series too come out in the last 5 years or so. Can't wait for the next season to begin.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

I heard some friends suggesting Yellowstone and that it was good . Might have to check it out . We watched Big Sky...it was not very good although one of the two women doing the search was drop dead gorgeous ...I can't remember her name off hand but it was not the one that was in the Vikings ....Wicked she was LOL...almost as hot as the new one in the FBI series.....she is also unbelievably drop dead gorgeous. I'm a sucker for good looking female detectives hahaha....I would be terrible under interrogation of any sorts by one .

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I heard some friends suggesting Yellowstone and that it was good . Might have to check it out . We watched Big Sky...it was not very good although one of the two women doing the search was drop dead gorgeous ...I can't remember her name off hand but it was not the one that was in the Vikings ....Wicked she was LOL...almost as hot as the new one in the FBI series.....she is also unbelievably drop dead gorgeous. I'm a sucker for good looking female detectives hahaha....I would be terrible under interrogation of any sorts by one .

Dude don't just "might" check out Yellowstone....DEFINITLY watch it. You'll be hooked from the get go.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Dude don't just "might" check out Yellowstone....DEFINITLY watch it. You'll be hooked from the get go.
Sounds like a plan for March ! LOL...I will have so many series started though and then will be waiting for new episodes ....Snowfall-Ozark-Queen of the South?-Narcos Mexico ? It is easier to get into the shows when you can sit down and watch 2-3 of them or more and not have to wait every week for one episode with commercials ...and then have to remember what happened the week before .

Plus I forgot about HighTown , L&O SVU , FBI,Chicago PD,Seal Team .

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Sounds like a plan for March ! LOL...I will have so many series started though and then will be waiting for new episodes ....Snowfall-Ozark-Queen of the South?-Narcos Mexico ? It is easier to get into the shows when you can sit down and watch 2-3 of them or more and not have to wait every week for one episode with commercials ...and then have to remember what happened the week before .

Plus I forgot about HighTown , L&O SVU , FBI,Chicago PD,Seal Team .

Talk about a really good TV series...Narcos from the first seasons which concentrated on Pablo Escobar, the Cali Cartel to the Narcos Mexico seasons with El Chapo is riveting television. Just loved each and every season of the series and look forward to some more Narcos seasons.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I’m going watch this after the game
Ahockalypse (2018) - IMDb

I’m into movies like this and it’s hockey. It’s star studded as well, lol

edit: Decided to throw it on since I’m home.Anyway you really can’t beat a opening scene of Kelly Chase beating up a Pierre McGuire zombie look alike( we he’s bald with a headset and suit. So I’ll just go ahead and think that). It’s on Tubi free.

Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I finished the 1st season of True Detective tonight. Not sure why it took me so long to watch this show, but season 1 was SO good. I've heard seasons 2 and 3 aren't quite as good, but still solid.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"METAIRIE, La. -- The "King of New Orleans"? Saints coach Sean Payton will be portrayed by comic actor Kevin James in an upcoming Netflix movie titled, "Home Team." The movie is being produced by Adam Sandler's Happy Madison Productions. As NBC's Peter King first reported, the movie will be based on how Payton wound up serving as an assistant coach on his son Connor's sixth-grade football team in the Dallas area while he was suspended by the NFL in 2012 over the "Bountygate" scandal. Payton told ESPN that he believes the movie will have a "humorous Adam Sandler" spin and will be more "inspired by" his real-life experience than an exact retelling. It will be focused on his experience coaching the youth team". New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton to be portrayed by Kevin James in upcoming football movie (espn.com)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Any Flight of the Conchords fans in here? I started a rewatch recently, had a dream that they made a comeback with a 3rd season, imagine my disappointment when I woke up
Absolutely loved that show. Two perfect seasons of TV if you ask me, although I also wish there was a 3rd season. I was holding out hope they would perform "Jenny" in the show. So great.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I finished the 1st season of True Detective tonight. Not sure why it took me so long to watch this show, but season 1 was SO good. I've heard seasons 2 and 3 aren't quite as good, but still solid.
S1 was so good. S2 was good also. Vince Vaughn in a dark role was quite the surprise.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
S1 was so good. S2 was good also. Vince Vaughn in a dark role was quite the surprise.

They just set the bar too high with S1 so while the following seasons were pretty decent (good) they fell well short of heightened expectations.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad