OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Thoughts on the show as a whole?
I liked it overall. It's a great cast with excellent performances all around. The coincidences can be a stretch of the imagination sometimes. Was disappointed how Alison was written out. Really liked the earlier seasons. The season and story arc with Brendan Fraser was meh.

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Mindlessly watched Troy other day because it was on. This has to be the movie's best scene

I so want to use this in another thread.

“But coach said just dump and chase...”

“and that is why no one will remember your name”.

Reactions: will1066

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Finally watched episode 9 of Your Honor and it might have been the best episode of the season.

Just when I'm thinking it's going to keep sucking, an episode like this one props up and gets me intrigued again.

Your Honor is like the friggen Knicks and Rangers...wildly inconsistent...lol

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
@Maximus , I only read your reply that said you saw episode 9 and loved it. I know you said you were critical of the middle episodes of the season.

I can't wait till Valentine's Day weekend. Me and the bae will continue watching it lol. Still have only seen two episodes of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
2/19 comedy central will air a Patrice O'neal documentary...produced by Bill Burr so it should be great

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Finally watched episode 9 of Your Honor and it might have been the best episode of the season.

Just when I'm thinking it's going to keep sucking, an episode like this one props up and gets me intrigued again.

Loved the last episode. So many characters are catching on from different angles. Culmination in the season finale is coming!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
BTW we paused watching Vikings after season 4 because that season with end of the Ragnar story was a bit tiresome and someone mentioned that they didn’t like season 5. So recently we picked it up again and let me tell you something - first half of a double season 5 was great - just as good if not better than early seasons with Ragnar. And now another colorful character is back!

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
BTW we paused watching Vikings after season 4 because that season with end of the Ragnar story was a bit tiresome and someone mentioned that they didn’t like season 5. So recently we picked it up again and let me tell you something - first half of a double season 5 was great - just as good if not better than early seasons with Ragnar. And now another colorful character is back!

I loved Ragnar, but the seasons without him are actually better, aside from maybe season 2, except for the final half of season 6 unfortunately. Which is still good, but just not up to the others standards. Bjorn, Ubbe, Hvitserk and Ivar are all characters (not necessarily good) I love in the end (for different reasons; no spoilers). Love Harald and Halfdan too.

Deleted member 23124

Thanks for the heads up.

Deleted member 23124

For those of you watching Your Honor, in the beginning of last episode during the "previously on Your Honor" segment, they showed the detective looking at pictures which I assume were taken by the judge's wife. Anyone remember what episode that was in-- because I don't recall that scene at all. (Hope I got the correct thread this time.)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
For those of you watching Your Honor, in the beginning of last episode during the "previously on Your Honor" segment, they showed the detective looking at pictures which I assume were taken by the judge's wife. Anyone remember what episode that was in-- because I don't recall that scene at all. (Hope I got the correct thread this time.)

Yup, I noted the same thing - I don't recall this seen ever shown so I was confused originally but you're kind of validating that they f***ed it up a bit here. And the outcome of this "looking" was the conversation that they had in the last episode because it also had some other consequences pertaining to Adam, so if it happened - it should have been in episode 8.

Deleted member 23124

Yup, I noted the same thing - I don't recall this seen ever shown so I was confused originally but you're kind of validating that they f***ed it up a bit here. And the outcome of this "looking" was the conversation that they had in the last episode because it also had some other consequences pertaining to Adam, so if it happened - it should have been in episode 8.
Did you catch the timeline slip up that Carlo's friend made?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well gentleman now that Your Honor is over after last night's finale, if I had to give a grade to the show as a whole, it would have to be in that C-C+ range which is pretty dang low to be honest.

What's so disappointing for me is that the show started off with so much promise as the first couple of episodes were pretty riveting but than the show took a turn for the worse and tho the last two episodes were pretty good, there were way too many weeks where the show went off the rails and it just seemed so discombobulated(apologies for using such a big word...lol).

And withought giving away the ending for those who are still watching it, to not have really anyone to truly root for and to not only not like but detest some of the main characters and hope for the worst for them rather than good, just makes me think the writers of the show lost their way.

Too be honest, had Bryan Cranston not been involved, I probably would have given up on the show midway thru. Oh well...live and learn.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Well gentleman now that Your Honor is over after last night's finale, if I had to give a grade to the show as a whole, it would have to be in that C-C+ range which is pretty dang low to be honest.

What's so disappointing for me is that the show started off with so much promise as the first couple of episodes were pretty riveting but than the show took a turn for the worse and tho the last two episodes were pretty good, there were way too many weeks where the show went off the rails and it just seemed so discombobulated(apologies for using such a big word...lol).

And without giving away the ending for those who are still watching it, to not have really anyone to truly root for and to not only not like but detest some of the main characters and hope for the worst for them rather than good, just makes me think the writers of the show lost their way.

To be honest, had Bryan Cranston not been involved, I probably would have given up on the show midway thru. Oh well...live and learn.

I and the girlfriend saw up to episode 9 yesterday (started from episode 3 after seeing the first two a couple of weeks ago), so got two more to go. It seems people love the last two episodes in particular.

Maybe it's because I didn't have to wait in-between weeks for each episode to come out, but I didn't have too much of a problem with the pacing in the middle episodes, but I can see where you're coming from, though. I'd give it around a B- as of now, could go up to a B or even B+ if the last two episodes are as great as most people seem to say.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I and the girlfriend saw up to episode 9 yesterday (started from episode 3 after seeing the first two a couple of weeks ago), so got two more to go. It seems people love the last two episodes in particular.

Maybe it's because I didn't have to wait in-between weeks for each episode to come out, but I didn't have too much of a problem with the pacing in the middle episodes, but I can see where you're coming from, though. I'd give it around a B- as of now, could go up to a B or even B+ if the last two episodes are as great as most people seem to say.

I’m also a bit higher on the season than others reported. On a family vacation now so won’t catch the final episode until after this week.

Deleted member 23124

In previews ? Not sure - there were a couple of times when was thinking that did I skip an episode?
When Carlo's friend gave himself up to the police, he commented that he'd been hiding for 3 months....if he was correct, three months passed between the two episodes.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Synopsis looks interesting. Do you like it? Looks like it's on Starz, which I do currently have after a discounted 6-month signup when they were promoting Power II lol.
I liked it ....it was raunchy too and violent somewhat . I would watch season two. Season one ending kind of a letdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad