News: Turris Buyout: Poile Considers Everything On The Table

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Everything is being discussed about Turris and his time in Nashville. Buying him out would entail a $2MM cap hit for 8 years.

Turris buyout among options for Predators, who look to get younger
Another thing to consider.....
Shea Webber will retire Some time soon. When he does retire, Nashville will incur a huge cap recapture penalty. Add this $2 million on top of that and what does nashville do going forward?
Fold the franchise?

I have a feeling Nashville is currently a really good team to target for a big trade. Something will have to give.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Sorry to offend you, Eugene

I’m not offended I just don’t know how Turris can pull a move like that and not get laughed at. It was super lame.
Even after he got sent packing he was telling reporters management wanted him so bad but it’s all Melnyks fault.

I can’t think of one player in any sport freaking out and demanding a contract and pointing fingers at a team that didn’t want to sign him. Can you? The GM even tweeted I make the decision of who to sign not Melnyk and the guys woman stalks him online and pretty much calls him a liar.
They are demented, the GM didn’t want to give him the type of money he wanted and they call him a liar and say he did?
Lol

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I’m not offended I just don’t know how Turris can pull a move like that and not get laughed at. It was super lame.
Even after he got sent packing he was telling reporters management wanted him so bad but it’s all Melnyks fault.

I can’t think of one player in any sport freaking out and demanding a contract and pointing fingers at a team that didn’t want to sign him. Can you? The GM even tweeted I make the decision of who to sign not Melnyk and the guys woman stalks him online and pretty much calls him a liar.
They are demented, the GM didn’t want to give him the type of money he wanted and they call him a liar and say he did?
Lol
It was such a weird situation. The Sens weren't even arguing over the money, everyone was pretty much agreed on 6M, the issue was Turris digging in his heels over getting extra years.

Maybe there was some miscommunication between Agent/Management, because there has been some weird stuff with the Sens. (See Borowiecki for instance). I'd believe it, but why even burn that bridge?

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
It was such a weird situation. The Sens weren't even arguing over the money, everyone was pretty much agreed on 6M, the issue was Turris digging in his heels over getting extra years.

Maybe there was some miscommunication between Agent/Management, because there has been some weird stuff with the Sens. (See Borowiecki for instance). I'd believe it, but why even burn that bridge?

Because they could not and would not accept the fact they were not going to be paying an old Turris to play hockey, they had to blame mean old Melnyk instead of just facing the fact he wasn’t ‘the man’ it was an ego entitlement issue

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Shea Webber will retire Some time soon. When he does retire, Nashville will incur a huge cap recapture penalty. Add this $2 million on top of that and what does nashville do going forward?
Fold the franchise?

I have a feeling Nashville is currently a really good team to target for a big trade. Something will have to give.
As soon as rumors start that he is planning to retire, Nashville will do everything in their power to get him back and put him on LTIR until his contract is up. I wouldn't be surprised if this conversation has already happened between Montreal and Nashville.

Plus they changed the recapture rule so now his early retirement cap hit can only be the max cap hit during his contract, $7.86MM.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Fold the franchise?

If and I say IF Weber were to retire the max penalty would be 7.8 Mil for 4 years. But, Nashville would offer a trade, Weber might be put on LTIR. So many options but Montreal fans would rather keep him now.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
One thing's for sure, this offseason is going to be wild and what Poile does is going to tell us:

1. If he thinks this team can compete
2. How well our financials really are with a year of no arena revenue coming in

I ultimately think Poile is able to move Turris for an overpaid defenseman, effectively shifting the money problem to a position we actually need to fill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad