News: Turris Buyout: Poile Considers Everything On The Table

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Vancouver has some undesirable contracts...

Why not Eriksson & Ferland for Turris...

Nashville pays more up front, but by the 3rd year, they've cleared 2.5 million in cap... and they've completely dumped the 4th year of Turris' contract

Reactions: _Del_ and qqaz

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wait until UFA opens up and teams see there are awful options in free agency. Just turned 31 so still a chance to bounce back. A little retention and taking back a small cap dump should rid Nashville of his contract.

Reactions: qqaz and Morrison

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
You would think someone would offer something at 50% retention. I mean, 3M for 4 years of .5ppg center isnt unreasonable even in this flat cap economy.

Things could be really ugly in Free Agency at this rate if a guy like Turris can't even get an offer.

Makes you wonder about the teams like Montreal that are still trading for players rather than cap dumps. Could be a lot better bargains in a week or so.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Why would we want a guy who hasn't been a capable 2C since 2018 to be our 2C?

I think Nashville was just a bad fit, put him back in his 2C role and he'll produce like one.

Not like he was awful this year either. 41 Point pace.

Reactions: qqaz

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
You would think someone would offer something at 50% retention. I mean, 3M for 4 years of .5ppg center isnt unreasonable even in this flat cap economy.

Things could be really ugly in Free Agency at this rate if a guy like Turris can't even get an offer.

Makes you wonder about the teams like Montreal that are still trading for players rather than cap dumps. Could be a lot better bargains in a week or so.
with how terrible the Centre UFA market is Turris would somehow be at the top of it. The other day I saw a list ranking the top UFA centres and Granlund who is a wing was number 1.

Reactions: qqaz and Morrison

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Nashville is poisoned right now. Lots of guys with down years. About to lose Smith and Granlund for nothing.

It's also a pretty manageable cap hit. He can fit in a 3C role somewhere.

Reactions: qqaz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad