News: Turris Buyout: Poile Considers Everything On The Table

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Turris seems like a great person and to me looked like his old self for the latter part of the season. Unless we're going UFA shopping or trading for someone I'd rather see Turris back next season.

Tolvanen, Grimaldi, Tomasino, Sissons, Jarnkrok, Trenin...I mean without Turris we could see two of those guys on our second line (or even first line if you break JoFA) and that's intriguing and horrifying at the same time.
I don't really have an issue bringing Turris back if Hynes gives him a fair shot. He struggled with injuries and then Poile basically made him role-less with his Matt Duchene obsession. He was certainly no more disappointing than Johansen or Duchene (neither of which will ever get the same negative consideration Turris has gotten). He gets a 2C or middle 6 role (on a team that rolls 3 scoring lines) and some PP time and he's probably back to 45-50+ points.

Queue the "we'll take Turris and the #11 pick in exchange for a 6th" posts though.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
#55 for Turris and #12.

giphy.gif

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm saying if he's bought out, Rangers should sign him.

Also doesn't Strome want like 5+

If Turris is bought out, maybe, but we'd still have to move Strome. I'm not sure exactly what Strome is looking for, but I think 5 mil would get it done. He won't get more than 2 years though.

If Strome is moved, it's likely that we are bringing in someone who is more of a long term solution, and would have no need for Turris, but who knows what Gorton has up his sleeve.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I know Zucc for Turris has been thrown around in Wild threads. The feeling is they both probably fit better on each other's team. Zucc is the better player but older. However, Zucc's NMC puts a wet blanket over it all. Thanks Fenton...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Poile got bent in the Turris trade

Girard is great

...and he wouldn't be getting over 12 minutes a night here. Sucks that Turris hasn't lived up to expectations but we'd probably still make that gamble again and 9 times out of 10 Turris isn't as unlucky with injuries.

#55 for Turris and #12.

We're not adding anything significant to Turris.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
At this point i think Turris is likely fed up with Nashville's management and coaching with how they've managed his ice time and linemates. It's best they all go separate ways. I'm surprised there aren't any takers with 2M retained even if it's just for a conditional 7th or something based on is performance. He was on pace for 41 points given 4th line quality linemates most the year. That's pretty good all things considered.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Any way a first can be attached to Turris for ?? Im guessing to get a first, it would be zero retention. Devils and Preds have a history ....
Devils could use the first and make use of Turris if the Devils can move Zacha to wing or ???

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I'd take Turris at 3 million in a heartbeat. I bet they'd get some kind of return if that's the case. Buyout seems nuts.

Reactions: Morrison

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Any way a first can be attached to Turris for ?? Im guessing to get a first, it would be zero retention. Devils and Preds have a history ....
Devils could use the first and make use of Turris if the Devils can move Zacha to wing or ???

Unless we're attaching our first to move up to 7, then no.

Then enjoy the buyout because nobody's taking $6M x 4 for nothing.

That's the plan, well probably not but it's a better option than moving any of our top 3 picks with him.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Turris for Girard + Kamenev + 2nd (which became Annunen + Zhuravlyov)....

Safe to say that wasn't one of Poile's finest decisions.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Unless we're attaching our first to move up to 7, then no.

Not a Devs fan, but what would you need attached to their 18OV to move down from 11 + move Turris? Personally, it would take a good piece for me to move from 11 to 18 in this draft, but you should still be able to get a guy you really project highly at 18 - probably someone who was at least in the conversation for 11. Maybe a different story if you want a center.

If they want to get younger, how about Jost for Bonino...

I feel like Nashville should probably add a late-3rd or something but I like that deal for both sides

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Really? Even with salary retained?

I mean, even not buying him out, he still might be able to be a useful player in the Preds' system.

For (marginally) less money and only 2 more years.

Retention I'm sure could change things, but it seems like Nashville wants money off the books more than anything. I suspect they'd buy him out even if they got him with 50% retention, but who knows, maybe not.

Reactions: RedMenace

JKM

Jul 23, 2009
Also, this is a possible life lesson time for everyone out there thinking of burning some bridges on the way out the door.

Ottawa would be a great place for him right now fit wise and probably has the budget room for him. However Turris decided to call out ownership when he left. Now, Ottawa ownership is obviously bad, but Melnyk is also super petty and Turris will probably never put on a Sens Jersey again as a result.

Since Turris contract had no signing bonuses (and hes owed 24M left) he might miss out on 8M in a buyout instead of a trade.

Just something to think about
Burning bridges is just what Turris does. Arizona, Ottawa, Finland… Hopefully Nashville doesn’t join the list.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Turris is still a productive player if given his proper role. He got hurt here and then for some reason that landed him in Lavi's doghouse. Once Poile signed Duchene he basically had two players for the same position. Considering he played all over the lineup, including wing, his production wasn't that bad ( not to mention being sat for several games).

I really don't think Poile buys him out, but if he does that is because he is unwilling to retain or send anything significant to move him for full price. When it comes to proposals if he was willing to use the first or his seconds or retain I think a deal would have been done by now.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Not a Devs fan, but what would you need attached to their 18OV to move down from 11 + move Turris? Personally, it would take a good piece for me to move from 11 to 18 in this draft, but you should still be able to get a guy you really project highly at 18 - probably someone who was at least in the conversation for 11. Maybe a different story if you want a center.

We need more quality prospects, the players we're looking at now probably won't be there at 18. I don't think that's worth it for us.

Someone who could have gone in the top 10 will be there at 11, someone might fall out of the top 10, a team might go off the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad