News: Turris Buyout: Poile Considers Everything On The Table

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Also, this is a possible life lesson time for everyone out there thinking of burning some bridges on the way out the door.

Ottawa would be a great place for him right now fit wise and probably has the budget room for him. However Turris decided to call out ownership when he left. Now, Ottawa ownership is obviously bad, but Melnyk is also super petty and Turris will probably never put on a Sens Jersey again as a result.

Since Turris contract had no signing bonuses (and hes owed 24M left) he might miss out on 8M in a buyout instead of a trade.

Just something to think about

Reactions: JKM

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
:laugh: I appreciate the research.
Old CBA rules cleared RD's cap right off the books?
He is still getting paid though no? Or did it end recently?

If he wasnt bought out, his contract would have one more year left... as it stands, he will be getting paid 1.5m for the next 9 seasons! His buyout was a compliance buyout, which is why it didnt count against the cap

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Also, this is a possible life lesson time for everyone out there thinking of burning some bridges on the way out the door.

Ottawa would be a great place for him right now fit wise and probably has the budget room for him. However Turris decided to call out ownership when he left. Now, Ottawa ownership is obviously bad, but Melnyk is also super petty and Turris will probably never put on a Sens Jersey again as a result.

Since Turris contract had no signing bonuses (and hes owed 24M left) he might miss out on 8M in a buyout instead of a trade.

No its fine to burn bridges with a scumbag like melynk

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think Nashville was just a bad fit, put him back in his 2C role and he'll produce like one.

Not like he was awful this year either. 41 Point pace.

Yeah, he came here and was pretty good in his first regular season, his second season he broke his foot twice and played through broken ribs, this past season he was Laviolette's whipping boy but still managed to produce at .5o PPG by the end of the season.

His contract sucks but I think he could still hit 50 points in the right environment.

I doubt Poile will buy him out though, it just seems like something GMs say, like "If the right deal comes along we'll think about moving our 1st pick." I'm sure he's looking at all his options but I'd be surprised if it happens.

Reactions: Armourboy and qqaz

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
What happened to him?

Signed an expensive deal in a system his style is completely incompatible.

Now his trade value is rock bottom because of bad play and a crazy expensive contract. Nonetheless $3M x 4 isn't bad at all for a should be better 3C that has 2C upside

Reactions: BHD and Morrison

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
thats pretty much it. love that Turris told that clown off
...and what did his comments accomplish?

I'd love it too if it got Melnyk to sell the team or something. All it did was make Turris feel good for a couple minutes. Kids make decisions like that.

Hopefully this doesnt turn around and bite Turris, but you never know.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

If Turris is bought out, he will earn over $8M total over the next four years and be better off. I would be shocked if he can't average $3.5M per season for the next four years.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Turris seems like a great person and to me looked like his old self for the latter part of the season. Unless we're going UFA shopping or trading for someone I'd rather see Turris back next season.

Tolvanen, Grimaldi, Tomasino, Sissons, Jarnkrok, Trenin...I mean without Turris we could see two of those guys on our second line (or even first line if you break JoFA) and that's intriguing and horrifying at the same time.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Kind of odd they can't get someone to accept Turris by retaining 2 mil on his deal.

I guess that causes issues down the line if they need to move out other contracts.
Turris has a 6m cap hit. Would the Pens not take him at 50% retained like, instantly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad