Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) - 2018-19 Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Broadcaster is up there, did a season preview radio show yesterday, I imagine there’s a feed to be had. Looke has put away a rebound and a beauty give and go from Murphy. Unfortunately our lauded defensive depth does not appear to believe in covering the weak side, two easy put aways in a row for the baby ducks, they’re up 3-2

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
And Bunting on the PP, 6-4 RR!

Victory! Looke 3rd star, Helewka 1st star!

Last edited:

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
I was worried about last season's top 6 skaters still being with the Coyotes; Crouse/Strome/Merkley and Kempe/Dauphin/Garland. At least Dauphin played on a conditioning assignment but Ullstrom, Garland and Merkley are still missing in action.

I wasn't worried about the D, as Murphy/Mermis, Capobianco/Russo, Mayo/Gross looked solid on paper, but were not so hot in their own zone live. Slaney has some work to do with their D-zone coverage.

The good news is the AHL acquisitions looked solid, Helewka lit it up in the 3rd and was great defensively and on the PK. Fasching was camped directly in front of the goalie on the PP and looked like he had decent mitts while corralling rebounds. He had a scuffle in the 3rd but was wrapped up by a linesman, we'll need his size out there cause that D is soft as butter.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Apparently we get to watch the digital equivalent of the "please stand by" tile from tv.
This reminds me of when NBC cut off the draft right before our pick.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Robbie Russo can put some heat on his slapper when given that kind of time.

Garland continuing what he was doing at the main camp. He really looks like a completely different player.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Miska has made two huge saves so far. Roadrunners can't transition this period. Forwards outskating their outlets.

EDIT: And of course just as a I type that they score one. Steenbergen made the backhand pass from behind the net to Cheeky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad