Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) - 2018-19 Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Varady has also coached Tolvanen, Ranta, and Pionk.

Fun fact: He coached in Everett when Hamill and Mueller were there.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tucson right now:

UPDATED 7/19

C:
Ullstrom
Dauphin
Gennaro (T)
Pederson

LW:
Crouse
Kempe
Helewka
Steenbergen
Burke
Bunting
Kevin Klima (T)
Trevor Cheek (T)

RW:
Merkley
Fasching
Garland
Looke
Kelly Klima (T)

LD:
Capobianco
Murphy
Dineen
Smereck
KEL (T)

RD:
Russo
Gross
Lyubushkin
Mermis
Mayo
Graves
Maggio (T)

There's no AHL roster limit but that's pretty damn crowded and the Coyotes are at 50 contracts once the RFAs sign, minus 1 spot for Joseph who will slide.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tucson right now:

C:
Ullstrom
Dauphin
Steenbergen
Gennaro (T)
Pederson
MacInnis
Maletta

LW:
Crouse
Kempe
Helewka
Burke
Bunting

RW:
Merkley
Fasching
Garland
Looke

LD:
Murphy
Campbell
Dineen
Smereck
KEL (T)

RD:
Russo
Gross
Lyubushkin
Mermis
Mayo

There's no AHL roster limit but that's pretty damn crowded and the Coyotes are at 50 contracts once the RFAs sign, minus 1 spot for Joseph who will slide.
I expect Lyubushkin to be the 7th D in the NHL. Smereck I could see in the ECHL.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think Capobianco is missing from that list too, right? That would mean at least 2 guys getting sent down to the ECHL if they went with the current roster.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Varady said he's spoken with Tocchet about the organization's mind-set and system.

"The Coyotes are a pressure team," Varady said. "They want to play with pace, they want to play fast. That's something that I believe in as a coach and was something that was a common ground for us. We want to make the transition from the Tucson team to Arizona as simple as possible so we're going to be playing the exact same style."

Coyotes Like Varady's 'Unique Hockey Mind'

Reactions: Matias Maccete

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Getting crowded. Chayka and Sullivan have to be looking at melting down some guys into one good player at this point.

Reactions: ck26

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Closest would be El Minuto just across the street on the South side of the arena, family mexican joint you can walk to from the parking lot. One block North of the arena is Congress St. which is littered with places, the closest being Street Taco & Beer Co on the same cross street as the arena.
My favorite pre-game ritual is parking one block North of Congress just behind the city courthouse and walking to La Cocina, great outdoor patio restaurant/bar with live music. Then you can walk through the courthouse grounds to a footbridge over Congress which takes you right by the Roadrunner offices to the arena entrance. Free street parking after 5 behind the courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad