Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) - 2018-19 Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From memory I don't think Tucson did very well vs. SJ thir yr. Anyone know the season series record?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Is the ahl pass strictly only online/mobile? Also, seems like none of it is in HD? Majority of the clips I’ve seen look like a Jumbotron screen with the commentators yelling half of the time..

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
From memory I don't think Tucson did very well vs. SJ thir yr. Anyone know the season series record?

11 points for San Jose, 7 for Tucson. They also come into the playoffs with a record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. That's identical to our record in our last 10, and to top it off, the Barracuda are on a 6-game winning streak that lifted them into the playoffs on the ROW tiebreaker over San Diego. Won't be an easy matchup for the Roadrunners by any means.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm so nervous. I want Strome to absolutely crush these playoffs and prove that he's just too good for the AHL. He's not going to prove he's good enough for the NHL but he can prove he's too good for the AHL. I'm crossing every damn finger I've got that he goes beast mode.

How huge would it be for this franchise if this kid actually pans out and lives up to expectations? None of us have much hope left that he'll actually end up a legit number 1, but it's not like it's completely out of the question or anything. What if he just needed time to grow and mature? That would solve so, so many of our problems. Problems we've had since the first time Roenick left.

Reactions: Yandover and CC96

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

For those wondering why the first two games are away, the Roadrunners had choice of format and this was their selection.

It is odd they would forego potential revenue. If the dates were mandated by the league, then it's possible they yielded the first two games to SJ, due to a scheduling conflict on 4/21 at TCC.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
nope, if you look at the other matchups, it looks like all of them are 2-3. 2-away games and then 3-straight home games. Very odd that it wouldn't be 2-2-1

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It is a weird format. I guess this way, no matter what, the elimination games are in your own barn. Just trying to think , "out loud" to wrap my head around it.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
nope, if you look at the other matchups, it looks like all of them are 2-3. 2-away games and then 3-straight home games. Very odd that it wouldn't be 2-2-1

2018 Calder Cup playoffs - Wikipedia

Bruins-Phantoms, Marlies-Comets, Crunch-Americans, and Stars-Reign are 2-2-1. Wolves-IceHogs is 1-1-1-1-1, what the hell? I mean, at least BMO Harris Bank Center and Allstate Arena are only 75 miles apart.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
With Moose Jaw eliminated I wonder if AZ calls up Burke to help solidify C position for playoffs. Great puck distributor.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm so nervous. I want Strome to absolutely crush these playoffs and prove that he's just too good for the AHL. He's not going to prove he's good enough for the NHL but he can prove he's too good for the AHL. I'm crossing every damn finger I've got that he goes beast mode.

How huge would it be for this franchise if this kid actually pans out and lives up to expectations? None of us have much hope left that he'll actually end up a legit number 1, but it's not like it's completely out of the question or anything. What if he just needed time to grow and mature? That would solve so, so many of our problems. Problems we've had since the first time Roenick left.

Nervous? Needed time to grow and mature? This is only his first full pro season. If he's going on 23, 24 then maybe there's reason to worry. The skating, if anything, could be his downfall. I know Tocc harps on his defensive game but that's not something that worries me at this time.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
They do not. It's a 2-3 format. Final 3 games are in Tucson.
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/smule.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->