Tube Sock's Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You have a pretty good team OG.:nod:

Very good on the Wing so far. I think You are lacking a true #1 centre man though (Giroux is a #2, Bolland a #3, and Brule #4)
You one of the best goaltenders, and an alright top pairing so far.
I would work on pick Dmen with your next 2-3 picks though.

Foundation for a top 5 time IMO.

I think that's way off. Giroux could hit 70 points next year, he's about ready for a breakout. Brule is not a 4th liner, not even close. He could hit 25 goals 50 points next season and Bolland is only a 3rd liner on the Hawks.

I think my C ice position is fine but could use improvements forsure.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
If there was an expansion draft in the NHL are you saying that once a player was drafted he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate with his new team until all the other players got drafted? Granted in that case the draft wouldn't take as long and most GM's would be too busy drafting to negotiate RFA contracts but here it's a bit different. Carey Price will get roughly what odishabs signed him for here... But oh well.

I didn't say anything like that at all. We will be very close to the start of the season when this draft ends, so I didn't think it would be wrong to assume that we'd be waiting for the RFAs to sign in real life. I've never been in a draft where you could sign a player during a draft. After, I'd understand, but by then the RFAs will be signed in real life.

It's just something that should have been made clear from the start, or at least a little bit of notice.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
While I do agree that contracts should not be given out already, it's not damor's draft, it's Tube Sock's and whatever Tube Sock wants is how it's going to be. I also agree that damor has definetly helped a huge amount here to keep this draft running and everyone should be thankful for that but it was just temporary.

Bottom line is, we should be waiting until the season is close to be giving out contracts that have not been signed in the NHL. I don't think damor's reaction was neccesary but it's not a huge deal.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I was only doing it to accommodate the request of a GM who wanted to sign his player, I didn't think it would blow up into a huge ordeal. If anyone had asked me I would have done the same thing because it was an RFA. I realize we generally wait but I guess I thought it would be easier to take care of some of the smaller things while the draft continued.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I think we should allow the signings to happen because honestly, how often do we see a big named RFA like Price going to some other team. People are blowing this whole thing way out of proportion. My suggestion is that if Tube Socks is back and is committed to the league, why quit? Just because Damor quit doesn't mean everyone follows him and quits. He kept this league alive and if it weren't for him, this league would of feel apart but it was his choice to quit and he did. Why dont we just have 2 or 4 RFA's, 1 or 2 for the east and 1 or 2 for the west and we can negotiate or we can wait until the draft ends and then start negotiating but the season is like a month away and we still have other drafts to do, it just speeds up the process if we start signing our RFA's. It's not that big of a deal IMO.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
In any other league if you sign a guy who is un-signed it is your responsibility to sign them, and seeing as the season was upcoming i figured i might as well get price negotiations underway, cant believe its come to this

Dsmissed

Jun 14, 2010
Like most of you, I've been online everyday and invested a lot of time in this league. It's unfortunate, but I'm out as well. No hard feelings Tube Sock. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a GM for Dallas. They have a solid core of forwards and a top notch tender. Some work to do on the blueline, however.

I don't know the guy from Adom, but Damor's done a bang-up job keeping this thing together in your absence. Perhaps he freaked out a little (we all have our moments), but his point is truly valid. Without clear rules, those not accustomed to such leagues will have difficulties - and so they should.

By the way, good luck with the pregnancy. I have a thirteen month old and she's an absolute blast! Enjoy the experience! I hope you have a "sleeper" and by that I don't mean a good late round pick.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Because you draft an RFA and YOU are responsible for signing them and retaining there rights. It isn't as if I allowed a contract extension for a UFA. It's more control of your team and a more "realistic" scenario if you actually have to sign your RFA's instead of waiting for them to sign in real life and just using that number...

I'll say one last thing....The fact that u still don't get the point is amazing, what people are trying to tell you is that a guy like , for example hornqvist or little, rfas that just signed contracts mid way through our draft after theyd been selected in our league now have assigned cap hits on cap geek. so its not like their owners are gonna say "no i reject that cap hit and i say hes worth less so lets negotiate", thats BS, they just signed in real life for real money! you are going to go by the cap number on cap geek. so now say carey price gets signed, i dunno, on sunday for 3.5 mil (just an ex) while our draft is only half way through, its the same deal as with hornqvist except 2 days earlier for no reason you had decided to just make up a number you saw fit and assign it to price....is that fair to the owners of the guys who just got signed like hornqvist....NO....and if your logic is with RFA's its up to the gm to negotiate, and I quote "Because you draft an RFA and YOU are responsible for signing them" then youd have to go back and cancel the contracts of every rfa that has signed since free agency opened as their cap hits are considered null and void under your rfa logic, since new guys are being signed every day this league continues.

Im sorry if some of you think ive over reaceted, I may have and likely did, but I want to point out that Tube Socks claims he sat idly by the last few days while he had net access cause he wanted to avoid a confrontation with me apparently over the league, yet this entire time hes now apparently online waiting for an apparent confrontation with me, he makes only one post, and then out of nowhere without even making a post about it just decides hes going to assign price a cap hit and make up rfa rules mid draft....Instead of "avoiding" a confrontation with me, pm me, reach out to the league, do anything to reinsert yourself as commish, dont just avoid everyone and then try and put this rfa bs through! Thats all Im sayin!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Now we're going to be quitting the league because of this? Come on people. It's a small thing that can be fixed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Tube Sock and damor simply need to talk it over themselves. Every league will have adversity because no one will agree with eachother all the time. This is a small thing that never should have gotten this far.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This is legendary, we will forever remember how one RFA single handily destroyed the league we onced loved.

Or something along those lines :laugh:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
In any other league if you sign a guy who is un-signed it is your responsibility to sign them, and seeing as the season was upcoming i figured i might as well get price negotiations underway, cant believe its come to this

It's all your fault, Cody. :rant:

:sarcasm:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'll say one last thing....The fact that u still don't get the point is amazing, what people are trying to tell you is that a guy like , for example hornqvist or little, rfas that just signed contracts mid way through our draft after theyd been selected in our league now have assigned cap hits on cap geek. so its not like their owners are gonna say "no i reject that cap hit and i say hes worth less so lets negotiate", thats BS, they just signed in real life for real money! you are going to go by the cap number on cap geek. so now say carey price gets signed, i dunno, on sunday for 3.5 mil (just an ex) while our draft is only half way through, its the same deal as with hornqvist except 2 days earlier for no reason you had decided to just make up a number you saw fit and assign it to price....is that fair to the owners of the guys who just got signed like hornqvist....NO....and if your logic is with RFA's its up to the gm to negotiate, and I quote "Because you draft an RFA and YOU are responsible for signing them" then youd have to go back and cancel the contracts of every rfa that has signed since free agency opened as their cap hits are considered null and void under your rfa logic, since new guys are being signed every day this league continues.

Im sorry if some of you think ive over reaceted, I may have and likely did, but I want to point out that Tube Socks claims he sat idly by the last few days while he had net access cause he wanted to avoid a confrontation with me apparently over the league, yet this entire time hes now apparently online waiting for an apparent confrontation with me, he makes only one post, and then out of nowhere without even making a post about it just decides hes going to assign price a cap hit and make up rfa rules mid draft....Instead of "avoiding" a confrontation with me, pm me, reach out to the league, do anything to reinsert yourself as commish, dont just avoid everyone and then try and put this rfa bs through! Thats all Im sayin!

That fact that I don't get it? Please I get it. But that isn't the case considering this is a fantasy draft and it takes place in it's own time frame not subject to the happenings of the real NHL. Therefore when you draft an RFA you own his rights and need to sign him. You don't wait until a website updates it's Cap hit and say ok that's the contract he gets. It's a keeper league. Maybe people want to sign players to longer or shorter contracts dependent upon the direction they want to go with there team. It's as simple as separating reality from fantasy. I drafted Stamkos therefore I will want to extend him in this keeper league most likely before TB does, based on my value of him not Steve Yzerman's (within reason). If we wanted to do it that way then all we would do is draft players and go on cruise control. This is all for fun so having more control over your team and it's future is part of the challenge. It's like that in most of these leagues. Capgeek is used for player contracts that are not expired and as a basis for offers etc... Then the GM will use his discretion in negotiating a new contract. The contract status is based on Capgeek at the time the draft started therefore it's common sense that any 2010 RFA's and UFA's not signed before we started maintain that status until you negotiate the contract with them.

I shouldn't have to reassert myself as commissioner I seriously just came back yesterday and went back at it when asked a question by a GM. You were never asked to do anything you did, I am not saying it isn't appreciated but if I was to go out and wash my neighbors car out of the goodness of my heart I wouldn't expect high fives and back slaps for it I would just consider it a good deed and feel better about myself for it. Not only that but I have thanked you multiple times for your contributions so I don't know what else you want. Should I name the trophy after you? We're now playing for the Damor Cup... You took over, literally took over and then expect me to ok my return with you? Alright bud. I told you who was going to handle things when I was gone and you could have discussed with him what your intentions were and he would in turn talk to me because he can contact me at any time of the day that is why I assigned him to be co-commish or whatever you want to call it. If anything I feel sorry for him because I am sure he felt overwhelmed and when someone stepped up he stepped back which I understand. I did mention my situation to everyone at the time when I was in the midst of a move. I work a full time job, I'm taking care of a very sick pregnant woman and I was moving into a new residence. I apologize for any inconvenience but that doesn't mean do what you wish. I literally got the PM about the 30 minute time change yesterday the minute my ISP was here. The next thing I addressed was odishabs asking about Price I then went to sleep and came back today after work to a **** storm of hatred. I thought the draft could go another 16 hours as it was considering it had lasted while I was gone but I guess I was wrong.

I didn't just assign a number to Price, it was based on the rumors he is signing a similar contract and the fact that he had by most standards a bad year going 13-20-5. He gets a slight raise and a chance to prove himself as a starter for two years before signing a new contract... Not that far off if you ask me. However it crossed my mind that he may get more I also factored in that he is a home grown talent and probably wants to stay with MTL. I also looked at MTL's cap and the limited space they have available.

Last edited:

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Tube Socks and Damor, you guys should really talk this out. It would be a shame if this league falls apart because of this. Just get everything cleared out and let us know what's going on,.

Dsmissed

Jun 14, 2010
Conn Smythe built 'The" Gardens; Damor built the spreadsheet. If I was still in the league, I'd vote for the Damor Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad