Tube Sock's Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Holy ****. I haven't addressed contract negotiations because we usually wait until after the draft to do such things but since the regular season is approaching quickly we need to get all RFA's signed before October. I am sorry for assuming people knew how things would go the reason I assumed that is because most everyone in here with the exception of a few people, with that being said if you don't understand something PM me you will find that I do actually respond to them and things for me have changed over the last month and a half so I have been a lot busier.

Secondly I asked Mohitul to take over when I was gone but Damor you decided to do it and that was your decision, I appreciate all of the work you have done and everything you have contributed. But for the love of all things holy please do not freak out in the draft thread every time a decision is made by me.

Contract negotiations will be handled by myself and a few people willing to help me, but they need to run through me anyway or else we will get bad signings. The Price signing is close to the rumored amount he is going to get anyway. The reason we have to negotiate new contracts is because players like Bobby Ryan are RFA and will get significant raises from the numbers listed at CapGeek...

but there it is again, an assumption that just because uve been in many of these leagues that therefore everyone knows these things. im sorry i made a big deal out of it but noone ever took the time to explain any rules in this ********** league and it seems every day or so i find out theres something new

You can always ask if you have a question about something, such as RFA/UFA players etc... In due time these things are addressed such as when we start the UFA period after the dispersal draft ends.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
:bruins

Looking to move my 1st round Entry Draft Pick for a 10th round pick.

Milan Michalek - Claude Giroux - Rick Nash
David Booth - Dave Bolland - Wayne Simmonds
XXXXXXXXX - Gilbert Brule - XXXXXXXXXX

Dion Phaneuf - Anton Babchuk

Roberto Luongo

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
:bruins

Looking to move my 1st round Entry Draft Pick for a 10th round pick.

Milan Michalek - Claude Giroux - Rick Nash
David Booth - Dave Bolland - Wayne Simmonds
XXXXXXXXX - Gilbert Brule - XXXXXXXXXX

Dion Phaneuf - Anton Babchuk

Roberto Luongo

You have a pretty good team OG.:nod:

Very good on the Wing so far. I think You are lacking a true #1 centre man though (Giroux is a #2, Bolland a #3, and Brule #4)
You one of the best goaltenders, and an alright top pairing so far.
I would work on pick Dmen with your next 2-3 picks though.

Foundation for a top 5 time IMO.

agrudez*

I am going to have to side with Damor on this, this is completely ridiculous that players that are drafted are getting contracts negotiated.

I think it is a neat idea to do AFTER the season during a free agency period, but that is because multiple teams can bid on a free agent... right after the draft like this it is stupid because only one team is bidding for a player.

If a RFA gets lowballed on a contract after being drafted can he be put back onto the market? If not then this new rule is absurd. Plus, how do you decide what market value is for a player? To make free agency relevant, fair and fun you need to create a Laissez Faire market... not a Communistic one.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Holy ****. I haven't addressed contract negotiations because we usually wait until after the draft to do such things but since the regular season is approaching quickly we need to get all RFA's signed before October. I am sorry for assuming people knew how things would go the reason I assumed that is because most everyone in here with the exception of a few people, with that being said if you don't understand something PM me you will find that I do actually respond to them and things for me have changed over the last month and a half so I have been a lot busier.

Secondly I asked Mohitul to take over when I was gone but Damor you decided to do it and that was your decision, I appreciate all of the work you have done and everything you have contributed. But for the love of all things holy please do not freak out in the draft thread every time a decision is made by me.

Contract negotiations will be handled by myself and a few people willing to help me, but they need to run through me anyway or else we will get bad signings. The Price signing is close to the rumored amount he is going to get anyway. The reason we have to negotiate new contracts is because players like Bobby Ryan are RFA and will get significant raises from the numbers listed at CapGeek...

but then you wait til the season starts and if they havent been signed then do it not now already....the season isnt starting tomorrow, its not "quickly approaching", its still a month away which is plenty of time - thats your risk drafting an rfa early (or wait til the draft is done at the very least to see if no new contract has been awarded, you cant make up an arbitrary number to award a player cause "you said so", its ridiculous!)......anyways, dont worry about it, im done my rant, sorry its over a small thing to many of you and u dont have to worry about me freaking out anymore...cause im sorry to inform you guys that I am bouncing from this league....enough time wasted here....ive put so much wasted effort and time into this league, likely too much apparently.....your back for one day and have made 2 posts tube socks and clearly we are very far apart in how we run things and explain them, as every time you post its always "things will be explained in good time or as we go along" nothing is ever clear until too late...so if someone wants to take over my team and detroit you are welcome to it or u can find a new gm...not gonna waste another second on a league where theres a new surprise waiting at every turn for me (and btw, why would i ever ask about rfa's u said everything was from capgeek, so when guys like hornqvist, an rfa, get signed few days ago, we update their salary from capgeek, not make one up...thats why id never in a million years consider to ask about rfa's)

lastly, before i leave i should point out that i only stepped up cause noone else was, chand has been great (and a great guy to discuss things with too) but things still werent getting uptodate and moving forward, youve been gone a long time and nothing was being updated, everyone was double picking players and picking out of turn, picks were being skipped, noone was pming, and we were moving at a snails pace and I worked my ********** as off to get things organized and on track....**** u were about to lose a boatload of ur gms until i came in and started to try and get things organized and updated, so thanks for the clear appreciation for trying to save ur faltering league....i should say thank you though to all you who did show appreciation for everything ive done, its been fun drafting with all you...sorry things had to work out this way

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
but then you wait til the season starts and if they havent been signed then do it not now already....the season isnt starting tomorrow, its not "quickly approaching", its still a month away which is plenty of time - thats your risk drafting an rfa early (or wait til the draft is done at the very least to see if no new contract has been awarded, you cant make up an arbitrary number to award a player cause "you said so", its ridiculous!)......anyways, dont worry about it, im done my rant, sorry its over a small thing to many of you and u dont have to worry about me freaking out anymore...cause im sorry to inform you guys that I am bouncing from this league....enough time wasted here....ive put so much wasted effort and time into this league, likely too much apparently.....your back for one day and have made 2 posts tube socks and clearly we are very far apart in how we run things and explain them, as every time you post its always "things will be explained in good time or as we go along" nothing is ever clear until too late...so if someone wants to take over my team and detroit you are welcome to it or u can find a new gm...not gonna waste another second on a league where theres a new surprise waiting at every turn for me (and btw, why would i ever ask about rfa's u said everything was from capgeek, so when guys like hornqvist, an rfa, get signed few days ago, we update their salary from capgeek, not make one up...thats why id never in a million years consider to ask about rfa's)

lastly, before i leave i should point out that i only stepped up cause noone else was, chand has been great (and a great guy to discuss things with too) but things still werent getting uptodate and moving forward, youve been gone a long time and nothing was being updated, everyone was double picking players and picking out of turn, picks were being skipped, noone was pming, and we were moving at a snails pace and I worked my ********** as off to get things organized and on track....**** u were about to lose a boatload of ur gms until i came in and started to try and get things organized and updated, so thanks for the clear appreciation for trying to save ur faltering league....i should say thank you though to all you who did show appreciation for everything ive done, its been fun drafting with all you...sorry things had to work out this way

We all thanked you man, but it doesn't make you a god! You make all of this sound very weird, but its quite normal, (granted you weren't aware of that, but even after we told you how it was you didn't like it) in fact ive never been in a league where things were done any differently. Thanks for all your help again, and hope you have you own league soon. But after one thing didnt go your way, you quit. So maybe your not cut out for it afterall. I really think you have a good dedication to run your own league.

But the way you handled this was very immature.

later days bro.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

If you want to leave that's your decision but I don't understand why your freaking out with this so much. You have done a good job keeping this league on track and this league probably would of fell apart without you but if you have any questions, you could of just asked. This is your first league I believe, so of course things are going to be confusing but this is Tube Socks's league and his rules. It would be sweet if you stayed but I find it kind of stupid that your leaving over a couple of small things. Like I said before, if this is your first league, obviously things are going to be confusing, no need to get pissed off about it and leave.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
We all thanked you man, but it doesn't make you a god! You make all of this sound very weird, but its quite normal, in fact ive never been in a league where things were done any differently. Thanks for all your help again, and hope you have you own league soon. But after one thing didnt go your way, you quit. So maybe your not cut out for it afterall. I really think you have a good dedication to run your own league.

later days bro.

i was talking about tube socks, i appreciate the thanks ive received from all of you. Immature, maybe, but I just have had this rant in building up in me since the league started with how tube was running things and explaining and I just vented it all out when typing the last post. It may be tube socks rules, as he did start this league, but those rules arent outlined anywhere in his draft thread

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Obviously you can negotiate for players that don't have contracts. Look, Next off season, the players that are set to become free agents will sign with other teams for X amount but that doesn't mean we have to sign them for the same amount. How will the agent (in this game) decide which free agent signs with which team if all the offers are the same. Obviously the amount of money and stuff is going to change.

Example Drew Doughty signs a 4 year deal with the L.A Kings earning 6 mill per year in real life. That doesn't mean that we have to sign him for the same amount. The Kings GM might have to overpay to get him or he might even pay less for less amount of years or whatever. The Kings GM can sign him to a 12 year deal, paying him 8 mill a season. Players that are set to become UFA's/RFA next season won't have the same contracts as what they do in real life.

Most of the league in hfboards are like that. ^^ We get Agent for a reason and we negociate there future contract. Most of the league I've been in are like that.
I don't see a big deal.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
i was talking about tube socks, i appreciate the thanks ive received from all of you. Immature, maybe, but I just have had this rant in building up in me since the league started with how tube was running things and explaining and I just vented it all out when typing the last post.

understood, i miss you <3 :naughty:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
If you want to leave that's your decision but I don't understand why your freaking out with this so much. You have done a good job keeping this league on track and this league probably would of fell apart without you but if you have any questions, you could of just asked. This is your first league I believe, so of course things are going to be confusing but this is Tube Socks's league and his rules. It would be sweet if you stayed but I find it kind of stupid that your leaving over a couple of small things. Like I said before, if this is your first league, obviously things are going to be confusing, no need to get pissed off about it and leave.

all of this!

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Great, so we just lost the one guy who held this whole thing together?

I know that negotiations happen like that all the time in these drafts, but not DURING the draft.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well, since we've lost damor, I've re-opened the original draft thread and moved everything from the second thread back to that one.

Tube Sock, now that you're back this means the ball's in your court when it comes to routinely updating the draft board.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008

I know that negotiations happen like that all the time in these drafts, but not DURING the draft.

honestly ive did it like this for as long as i can remember for example in my yahoo league i signed Bobby Ryan to a 4 year deal and we were in the 12th round of the draft

agrudez*

We all thanked you man, but it doesn't make you a god! You make all of this sound very weird, but its quite normal, (granted you weren't aware of that, but even after we told you how it was you didn't like it) in fact ive never been in a league where things were done any differently. Thanks for all your help again, and hope you have you own league soon. But after one thing didnt go your way, you quit. So maybe your not cut out for it afterall. I really think you have a good dedication to run your own league.

later days bro.

I completely understand why damor responded that way. He has been putting a ton of work in trying to keep this sinking league afloat (even before Tube Sock left this league was barely keeping its head above water) and then after a very prolonged absence Tube Sock comes back and not only dismisses damor's contribution, but basically insults him and pulls rank on him as well.

In my opinion this league was more damor's than it was Tube Sock's and that was not because damor was power hungry and wanted to usurp the league (I have had multiple discussions where he was contrary to this type of thinking), it was out of pure neccessity because if he didn't noone else would have, including Tube Sock.

Completely agree, they are going to sign a contract before the season starts, this whole thing is absolutely Pejorative Slured. FA signings are for the following season after the first one.

Having said all of that, I am going to also open a vacancy for the Vancouver Canuck's GM position. I said halfway through the first round that this league would not last more than a week, but damor came in and kept it afloat... now with him gone I hold no hope that things will stay together, let alone run smoothly, and as such do not desire to waste my time waiting for the end.

Hope to see you all in future leagues, no hard feelings.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Having said all of that, I am going to also open a vacancy for the Vancouver Canuck's GM position. I said halfway through the first round that this league would not last more than a week, but damor came in and kept it afloat... now with him gone I hold no hope that things will stay together, let alone run smoothly, and as such do not desire to waste my time waiting for the end.

Hope to see you all in future leagues, no hard feelings.

I agree with nearly everything you said but are you really going to quit before seeing how this turns out? damor should stay, and I'm sure he could be persauded to stay. No need for people to start jumping ship already, the league is doing fine.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I am going to have to side with Damor on this, this is completely ridiculous that players that are drafted are getting contracts negotiated.

I think it is a neat idea to do AFTER the season during a free agency period, but that is because multiple teams can bid on a free agent... right after the draft like this it is stupid because only one team is bidding for a player.

If a RFA gets lowballed on a contract after being drafted can he be put back onto the market? If not then this new rule is absurd. Plus, how do you decide what market value is for a player? To make free agency relevant, fair and fun you need to create a Laissez Faire market... not a Communistic one.

Teams who own an RFA players rights can negotiate with them at any time so I really don't understand the issue. He was drafted by the team that signed him it's not like I am letting people sign UFA's during the draft so they can poach the talent. Teams also should have the opportunity to sign players before the UFA period starts otherwise we could have just done a UFA game where all players need new contracts and no draft is needed...

The market value is pretty easy to judge considering most UFA's have been signed already and any reasonable offer will be accepted it's not like anyone will be rejecting contracts a la the NHL. Also since it is a keeper league people enjoy negotiating longer contracts etc... It's for fun.

Also damor I couldn't satisfy you with any of the answers I gave you through out the entire draft, the reason things are handled in "due time" is because at the end of the draft when the UFA period starts is when I will start worrying about the UFA period. Price is an RFA so he has the right to negotiate a contract now as opposed to waiting until it's too late... Good luck with whatever you do, you make a mean excel sheet but don't do things just to do them and save the day without being asked and then expect preferential treatment or for me to bend to your will. It's ******** and annoying and frankly you personally made this experience very unpleasant for me and when I saw that you just "took over" I knew it wasn't going to end pretty. Why do you think I continued to sit back the last couple of days? I could see this coming from a mile away. I knew that when I did come in to the draft and start taking control again there would be "issues" it's also why I didn't speak up when the 30 min time limit was implemented. I've had GM's telling me they don't have time to keep up with it at such a fast pace which is why it was 1 hour to begin with.

I am sorry you don't like the way I do things, but to each his own. Again thank you for all the time you put into your spreadsheets etc... It helped a lot at the time and I am grateful for that assistance especially since I was in a pickle with no internet for quite some time.

I should have put the entire thing on hold while I was unable to attend to it daily because frankly right now I don't know where we stand...

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well you've gotta take command of your league, TS.

Set draft times, update draft threads and autodraft if GMs go AWOL, keep things in order, basic commish stuff.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Secondly I asked Mohitul to take over when I was gone but Damor you decided to do it and that was your decision, I appreciate all of the work you have done and everything you have contributed.

I completely understand why damor responded that way. He has been putting a ton of work in trying to keep this sinking league afloat (even before Tube Sock left this league was barely keeping its head above water) and then after a very prolonged absence Tube Sock comes back and not only dismisses damor's contribution, but basically insults him and pulls rank on him as well.

Not exactly sure where you came up with me dismissing his contribution and insulting him. I asked him to relax about the signing of one RFA... Which if decided upon could have been voided and put on hold.

Not only that but I have thanked him multiple times for his help, and unfortunately I had to move out of my apartment mid draft and the ISP was slow as hell to come to my new house but we HAD to get out at that time or we would have owed rent on two properties so I apologize for my absence again, but seriously no one ever asked him to do that and I was in contact with someone about the draft while I was gone. They informed me that damor had taken over the reins and since I didn't oppose to that and knew he would do a good job I didn't feel it necessary to come tell you all that.

Well you've gotta take command of your league, TS.

Set draft times, update draft threads and autodraft if GMs go AWOL, keep things in order, basic commish stuff.

I realize this I just have to do some damage control.

Dsmissed

Jun 14, 2010

I'm with Damor and agrudez on this. If you want to draft a player not under contract it's your risk and you need manage your cap accordingly.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Yeah...without damor this league is not going anywhere. He is completely right about the RFAs. What the hell is the point of NOT waiting for them to sign in real life?

Unless damor comes back, I'm probably out too.

****, my team has Tavares. Maybe I'll stay. But there's no reason this draft should have so much drama. Void the Price signing and just wait for all RFAs to sign in real life.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Pfft, way to go, odishabs, you killed the whole league. :rant: :sarcasm:

Seeing as how damor's departure may be the crippling blow to this league, what if we postponed all RFA signings until after the draft? :dunno:

Everyone's happy? Maybe the return of damor? Who knows.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Well, farewell everyone. Not going to beg people to stay over one contract. An RFA is an RFA how often do they not get signed by the team that drafts them in leagues like this? I also offered to post-pone the deal. I am more than willing to spend the time this weekend straightening out the entire draft table and scheduled picks. But if you guys want to bail I won't hold it against you it was a tough situation for me but honestly I could use the extra time working more to save money for the kid I have coming in 7 months... A lot of stress on me lately but I would still put in the time and effort if enough people wanted to stick around.

If you could simply reply in this thread letting me know if you are in or out and we can go from there I guess.

Yeah...without damor this league is not going anywhere. He is completely right about the RFAs. What the hell is the point of NOT waiting for them to sign in real life?

Unless damor comes back, I'm probably out too.

Because you draft an RFA and YOU are responsible for signing them and retaining there rights. It isn't as if I allowed a contract extension for a UFA. It's more control of your team and a more "realistic" scenario if you actually have to sign your RFA's instead of waiting for them to sign in real life and just using that number...

If there was an expansion draft in the NHL are you saying that once a player was drafted he wouldn't be allowed to negotiate with his new team until all the other players got drafted? Granted in that case the draft wouldn't take as long and most GM's would be too busy drafting to negotiate RFA contracts but here it's a bit different. Carey Price will get roughly what odishabs signed him for here... But oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad