Tube Sock's Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
I'll say one last thing....The fact that u still don't get the point is amazing, what people are trying to tell you is that a guy like , for example hornqvist or little, rfas that just signed contracts mid way through our draft after theyd been selected in our league now have assigned cap hits on cap geek. so its not like their owners are gonna say "no i reject that cap hit and i say hes worth less so lets negotiate", thats BS, they just signed in real life for real money! you are going to go by the cap number on cap geek. so now say carey price gets signed, i dunno, on sunday for 3.5 mil (just an ex) while our draft is only half way through, its the same deal as with hornqvist except 2 days earlier for no reason you had decided to just make up a number you saw fit and assign it to price....is that fair to the owners of the guys who just got signed like hornqvist....NO....and if your logic is with RFA's its up to the gm to negotiate, and I quote "Because you draft an RFA and YOU are responsible for signing them" then youd have to go back and cancel the contracts of every rfa that has signed since free agency opened as their cap hits are considered null and void under your rfa logic, since new guys are being signed every day this league continues.

Im sorry if some of you think ive over reaceted, I may have and likely did, but I want to point out that Tube Socks claims he sat idly by the last few days while he had net access cause he wanted to avoid a confrontation with me apparently over the league, yet this entire time hes now apparently online waiting for an apparent confrontation with me, he makes only one post, and then out of nowhere without even making a post about it just decides hes going to assign price a cap hit and make up rfa rules mid draft....Instead of "avoiding" a confrontation with me, pm me, reach out to the league, do anything to reinsert yourself as commish, dont just avoid everyone and then try and put this rfa bs through! Thats all Im sayin!

Don't leave us Damor. You've been such a great Comish. I rarely see some one as committed as damor. It should be is league but the league was first started by Tube sock that's why it's Tube Sock Draft and not Damor. But I still want Damor here and Tube Sock owe'sDamor alot of thx since he kept this draft alive.

Shame on you Tube stock. Don't just add a rule when ever you want? The rule wasn't totally clear I really really want Damor to stay and if he goes I might just leave with him. But please let's just kiss and make up and move on. I don't want to see this league fall apart for such a joke.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'm sorry I have to say this but... Mock Drafts - Serious Business.

Some here are acting like this is the end of the world. Would be a shame to see this league fall apart over semantics.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Teams who own an RFA players rights can negotiate with them at any time so I really don't understand the issue. He was drafted by the team that signed him it's not like I am letting people sign UFA's during the draft so they can poach the talent. Teams also should have the opportunity to sign players before the UFA period starts otherwise we could have just done a UFA game where all players need new contracts and no draft is needed...

The market value is pretty easy to judge considering most UFA's have been signed already and any reasonable offer will be accepted it's not like anyone will be rejecting contracts a la the NHL. Also since it is a keeper league people enjoy negotiating longer contracts etc... It's for fun.

Also damor I couldn't satisfy you with any of the answers I gave you through out the entire draft, the reason things are handled in "due time" is because at the end of the draft when the UFA period starts is when I will start worrying about the UFA period. Price is an RFA so he has the right to negotiate a contract now as opposed to waiting until it's too late... Good luck with whatever you do, you make a mean excel sheet but don't do things just to do them and save the day without being asked and then expect preferential treatment or for me to bend to your will. It's ******** and annoying and frankly you personally made this experience very unpleasant for me and when I saw that you just "took over" I knew it wasn't going to end pretty. Why do you think I continued to sit back the last couple of days? I could see this coming from a mile away. I knew that when I did come in to the draft and start taking control again there would be "issues" it's also why I didn't speak up when the 30 min time limit was implemented. I've had GM's telling me they don't have time to keep up with it at such a fast pace which is why it was 1 hour to begin with.

I am sorry you don't like the way I do things, but to each his own. Again thank you for all the time you put into your spreadsheets etc... It helped a lot at the time and I am grateful for that assistance especially since I was in a pickle with no internet for quite some time.

I should have put the entire thing on hold while I was unable to attend to it daily because frankly right now I don't know where we stand...

Tube sock, I can't believe you how mean and wrong you are. Damor allways talk to use as a team before making any decision. First of all he never wanted to go to 30 min but many Gm wanted it that way. So he went with what made sense and what people wanted. Just cause a couple had difficulty following us at the 30 min. If it was really your baby you would of said something about the 30 min pick after noon. You left us to burn but Damor save the day. I know that mohitul was sepose to be the Comish while Tube was gone but damor came to help and then took over since he was doing such a good job. You should kiss is feet. If he wouldn't of pick up the piece and put it together there wouldn't be a league as we speak.

You better be more active Tube Sock like damor since when you start a draft you must be here more then most. If not you shouldn't bother us with an ideal of a keeper league when there's no chance of it to succed.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Please move all comments to a new thread named "Tube Sock's Draft Drama."

Where's that thread, I've been looking for it for the pas 2 min. Is it a new or old thread.
Can't find it. Are you just kidding or there really a thread call exactly that.
I think I'm being punk. Am I on candit camera.

Is the talk show Mr. Sock. and is Co host is Mr. Damor.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Tube sock, I can't believe you how mean and wrong you are. Damor allways talk to use as a team before making any decision. First of all he never wanted to go to 30 min but many Gm wanted it that way. So he went with what made sense and what people wanted. Just cause a couple had difficulty following us at the 30 min. If it was really your baby you would of said something about the 30 min pick after noon. You left us to burn but Damor save the day. I know that mohitul was sepose to be the Comish while Tube was gone but damor came to help and then took over since he was doing such a good job. You should kiss is feet. If he wouldn't of pick up the piece and put it together there wouldn't be a league as we speak.

You better be more active Tube Sock like damor since when you start a draft you must be here more then most. If not you shouldn't bother us with an ideal of a keeper league when there's no chance of it to succed.

What are you talking about fedro? Seriously. I explained my situation weeks ago, like when I found out about my wife being pregnant... I also explained the situation when I had to move and told everyone who I was leaving in charge. I didn't say anything about the 30 minute picks other than I didn't even know that change was happening until yesterday when my internet got hooked up around 6pm my time. So yeah great assessment there but you are terribly wrong.

I also thanked damor on several occasions for his help. However you never saw the pm's he sent me freaking out not only at the start of the draft but pretty much throughout the entire thing. He was seriously overwhelming with his constant questioning of my decisions and suggestions etc... So you can thank him for me not being very active initially and then completely disappearing during my move. I spoke to a few people via PM throughout this, but was avoiding this thread for a reason.

Do you not understand that the entire month of August for me has been a blur, from like the 5th of the month on I have had very limited time personally and not only that but I also didn't have the internet which wasn't even my fault as I was waiting for the ISP to send out a technician to hook it up... I can't work magic and I am not going to apologize to you or anyone else for having a life outside of HFboards. I do apologize to anyone who feels time has been wasted but as I said I am more than willing to go through the thread tomorrow since I just got back from the emergency room and clear everything up.

I had to remove you from my ignore list just to let you in this draft fedro so you can leave at any time and won't hurt my feelings.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
What are you talking about fedro? Seriously. I explained my situation weeks ago, like when I found out about my wife being pregnant... I also explained the situation when I had to move and told everyone who I was leaving in charge. I didn't say anything about the 30 minute picks other than I didn't even know that change was happening until yesterday when my internet got hooked up around 6pm my time. So yeah great assessment there but you are terribly wrong.

I also thanked damor on several occasions for his help. However you never saw the pm's he sent me freaking out not only at the start of the draft but pretty much throughout the entire thing. He was seriously overwhelming with his constant questioning of my decisions and suggestions etc... So you can thank him for me not being very active initially and then completely disappearing during my move. I spoke to a few people via PM throughout this, but was avoiding this thread for a reason.

Do you not understand that the entire month of August for me has been a blur, from like the 5th of the month on I have had very limited time personally and not only that but I also didn't have the internet which wasn't even my fault as I was waiting for the ISP to send out a technician to hook it up... I can't work magic and I am not going to apologize to you or anyone else for having a life outside of HFboards. I do apologize to anyone who feels time has been wasted but as I said I am more than willing to go through the thread tomorrow since I just got back from the emergency room and clear everything up.

I had to remove you from my ignore list just to let you in this draft fedro so you can leave at any time and won't hurt my feelings.

Wow!!! Why was I ever on your ignore list. I never been in a draft with you.
I guest I was wrong but damor was just amazing at it (being comish). And the rule wheren't clear and that wasn't damor fault. You made a error and that's it. It's no big deal to sign a RFA since he was pick by that team. Also I didn't say anything out of line. I know we all have live out of this site but still buddy. You should of come on the draft and post some of your taught and not be scear of how damor would feal since it was your draft after all.

Theron

#beauty
Jul 19, 2007
Burlington, Ontario
Look we've all put wayyyy too much damn time and effort to let this league die now... especially since we're so close! :huh:

The issue is simple. I've been in a few of these type leagues and you on here anyways your team gets assigned an agent and that's how you negotiate RFA contracts.. but every league is different....to be honest I wouldn't mind trying Damor's way. I think we should void the Price signing.. let Tube sock decide or have a vote, and lets lay out the rules so their clear as day.. :)

... let Damor sleep on it (probably just having a stressful day - c'mon we all do ;)) .. he'll be itching to come back in a day or two .. gotta give the man props he put a lot of effort (even pretty much saved it) I know he doesn't want this league to die just like the rest of us...

I hope you guys can bit your lip a bit little and settle your differences at least for the leagues sake...

:flames here anyways

strutsboa

Jan 1, 2009
:habs stays.

I would rather see that we let the remaining RFA get their real contracts, but it isn't a big deal for me.

Please stay damor, you are a big part of this league.

Can I make my selection now? (I'll have problem being online at my pick)

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens

Mike Cammalleri - Jason Spezza - Loui Eriksson
Brenden Morrow - Jiri Hudler - Milan Hejduk
XXXXXX - Zach Boychuk - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Lubomir Visnovsky - Joni Pitkanen
Alex Goligoski - Mark Giordano
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Brian Elliott
XXXXXX

How am I looking?

damor

Dec 28, 2006
you never saw the pm's he sent me freaking out not only at the start of the draft but pretty much throughout the entire thing. He was seriously overwhelming with his constant questioning of my decisions and suggestions etc... So you can thank him for me not being very active initially and then completely disappearing during my move. QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME!!! The pm's i was sending "freaking out" were over me telling you to make a bloody decision and stick with it...cause half your pms were just you telling me that you would inform me of things and rules as we went along. I sent you pms asking you to make it clear cap hits were from capgeek or a specific site, so ppl werent going on hockeybuzz or blogs and getting wrong cap valuations....i sent you pms asking you to put the min games a prospect needed to have played in the league and if playoffs counted, so your rules wouldnt be so vague and confusing to everyone later on in the draft....I pm'd you to ask if u meant to have your pt breakdown only have +/- stats, and a few others for the offense but not the defence, CAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN HOW WE ALL DRAFT OUR DMEN AND IS VALID TO POINT OUT (while you updated all of those things finally after my pm's, how can u say my pms were not valid and were unresonable) ...I even pmd you early before everyone saying I have an awesome excel we can use to organize things, and could i sent it to you to add to the draft as an attahcment, and you threw me aside early on and said you were happy with your chart and didnt want to use it, yet you still never kept it updated when you were here.....thats not FREAKING out thats trying to make sense of your completely disorgainzed and unthoght through draft rules and description....

so to now go and say to everyone here that my pming you with questions and comments about your lack of info and vague descriptions on the signup page trying to make sense of your league made you ABANDON 28 other gm's in this league way before your move....I hope every gm here hears that and realizes what hes saying....some commitment "commish" .... I still dont know why ppl call u that. U desert us all way before your move and just show up like nothing has happened! Am I wrong guys???

Lastly, thank you to all the gms who have posted their support for me and thanked me for the hard work i put into the league, it really is greatly appreciated guys. I'm glad I could make things a bit more fun and smooth for awhile, but with Tube Socks as commissioner this league will sink once again and myself, and likely many of you to follow, will start to realize its a sinking ship with him in charge and will realize, as I now do, that you just spent the past month wasted on a league thats going nowhere with him at the helm, especially if all u think this is going to be a keeper league. Tube Socks, thank you for setting up the league, but your completely useless when it comes to running and managing it fairly, accurately and responsibly!

Last edited:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
you never saw the pm's he sent me freaking out not only at the start of the draft but pretty much throughout the entire thing. He was seriously overwhelming with his constant questioning of my decisions and suggestions etc... So you can thank him for me not being very active initially and then completely disappearing during my move. QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME!!! The pm's i was sending "freaking out" were over me telling you to make a bloody decision and stick with it...cause half your pms were just you telling me that you would inform me of things and rules as we went along. I sent you pms asking you to make it clear cap hits were from capgeek or a specific site, so ppl werent going on hockeybuzz or blogs and getting wrong cap valuations....i sent you pms asking you to put the min games a prospect needed to have played in the league and if playoffs counted, so your rules wouldnt be so vague and confusing to everyone later on in the draft....I pm'd you to ask if u meant to have your pt breakdown only have +/- stats, and a few others for the offense but not the defence, CAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN HOW WE ALL DRAFT OUR DMEN AND IS VALID TO POINT OUT (while you updated all of those things finally after my pm's, how can u say my pms were not valid and were unresonable) ...I even pmd you early before everyone saying I have an awesome excel we can use to organize things, and could i sent it to you to add to the draft as an attahcment, and you threw me aside early on and said you were happy with your chart and didnt want to use it, yet you still never kept it updated when you were here.....thats not FREAKING out thats trying to make sense of your completely disorgainzed and unthoght through draft rules and description....

so to now go and say to everyone here that my pming you with questions and comments about your lack of info and vague descriptions on the signup page trying to make sense of your league made you ABANDON 28 other gm's in this league way before your move....I hope every gm here hears that and realizes what hes saying....some commitment "commish" .... I still dont know why ppl call u that. U desert us all way before your move and just show up like nothing has happened! Am I wrong guys???

Lastly, thank you to all the gms who have posted their support for me and thanked me for the hard work i put into the league, it really is greatly appreciated guys. I'm glad I could make things a bit more fun and smooth for awhile, but with Tube Socks as commissioner this league will sink once again and myself, and likely many of you to follow, will start to realize its a sinking ship with him in charge and will realize, as I now do, that you just spent the past month wasted on a league thats going nowhere with him at the helm, especially if all u think this is going to be a keeper league. Tube Socks, thank you for setting up the league, but your completely useless when it comes to running and managing it fairly, accurately and responsibly!

if it sinks come back, and it will be allllll yours again!

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Thought I would do this so we know where we are in the Draft.

10th

*** TIME CHANGE (start of 30 min timeslots) ***

271 Wahington Capitals (from MIN) 271 5:00pm-6:00pm -- Mike Komisarek

272 Colorado Avalanche 272 6:00pm-6:30pm --Francois Beauchemin

273 New York Rangers 273 6:30pm-7:00pm -- Cody Franson

274 Los Angeles Kings 274 7:00pm-7:30pm -- Zbynek Michalek

275 Vancouver Canucks 275 7:30pm-8:00pm -- SKIP

276 Boston Bruins 276 8:00pm-8:30pm -- Anton Babchuck

277 Buffalo Sabres (From NAS) 277 8:30pm-9:00pm -- Artem Anisimov

278 Pittsburgh Penguins (From OTT) 278 9:00pm-9:30pm -- Joe Corvo

279 St. Louis Blues 279 9:30pm-10:00pm -- SKIP

280 Ottawa Senators (From SJ) 280 10:00pm-10:30pm -- Zach Boychuck

281 Anaheim Ducks 281 10:30pm-11:00pm -- Jonathan Ericsson

282 Edmonton Oilers 282 11:00pm-11:30pm -- Filip Kuba

283 Calgary Flames 283 11:30pm-12:00am -- Ryan Smyth

284 Montreal Canadiens 284 10:00am - 11:00am -- Saku Koivu

285 Boston Bruins (From CHI) 285 11:00am - 12:00pm -- Michael Grabner

286 Atlanta Thrashers 286 12:00pm-1:00om -- SKIP

287 Minesota Wild (From PIT) 287 1:00pm-2:00pm -- SKIP

288 Philadelphia Flyers 288 2:00pm-3:00pm -- SKIP

289 New Jersey Devils 289 3:00pm-4:00pm

290 New York Islanders 290 4:00pm-5:00pm

291 Minesota Wild (From TB) 291 5:00pm-6:00pm

292 Florida Panthers 292 6:00pm-6:30pm

293 Columbus Blue Jackets 293 6:30pm-7:00pm

294 Wahington Capitals 294 7:00pm-7:30pm

295 Dallas Stars 295 7:30pm-8:00pm

296 Phoenix Coyotes 296 8:00pm-8:30pm

297 Detroit Red Wings 297 8:30pm-9:00pm

298 Carolina Hurricanes 298 9:00pm-9:30pm

299 Montreal Canadiens (From BUF) 299 9:30pm-10:00pm

300 Toronto Maple Leafs 300 10:00pm-10:30pm

Last edited:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ok ladies and gentlemen, we'll follow Schenn's list here while I get it all straightened out over the weekend. My mother in law is coming to town so bare with me as I promise to devote as much time as possible and thank you for your patience.

To damor I apologize, and thank you for your help and contribution it was greatly appreciated. I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you over anything. I had a situation arise that I had to take care of which meant I had to leave fantasy land behind for a little while. You either understand that or you don't but to say I just abandoned everyone is a little harsh because I felt bad about it, not like I wanted to ditch everyone.

I'm done defending myself.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Rules Explanation

• UFA Signings - Any player that is undrafted at the end of the dispersal draft who does not qualify for either the prospect or entry draft will become an Unrestricted Free Agent.
  • RFA Signings - Any player who is an RFA during the 2010 off season is still considered an RFA even if he has signed in the NHL after being selected in the dispersal draft. Ex. Patric Hornqvist is still an RFA and needs to be signed in this league although he has resigned in real life. These will happen at the END of the dispersal draft.
  • UFA/RFA Cap Hits - Cap hits for UFA's and RFA's are non existent until they are signed to a contract. Not based on last years numbers on Cap Geek.

The Price Debacle: He is an unsigned RFA the previous contract of 2 years at 2.5m is null and void.

If you want clarification on rules please ask, and check this post because I will update it as new questions arise. Pretty sure that by clarifying this everything has been covered. Let's have fun.

Last edited:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Rules Explanation

• UFA Signings - Any player that is undrafted at the end of the dispersal draft who does not qualify for either the prospect or entry draft will become an Unrestricted Free Agent.
  • RFA Signings - Any player who is an RFA during the 2010 off season is still considered an RFA even if he has signed in the NHL after being selected in the dispersal draft. Ex. Patric Hornqvist is still an RFA and needs to be signed in this league although he has resigned in real life. These will happen at the END of the dispersal draft.
  • UFA/RFA Cap Hits - Cap hits for UFA's and RFA's are non existent until they are signed to a contract. Not based on last years numbers on Cap Geek.

The Price Debacle: He is an unsigned RFA the previous contract of 2 years at 2.5m is null and void.

If you want clarification on rules please ask, and check this post because I will update it as new questions arise. Pretty sure that by clarifying this everything has been covered. Let's have fun.

That's so dumb about not letting Hornqvist get is real contract. It should be like if you don t have a contract then you can sign him but only at the end of setempber.Just weird!! I ll be gone all day an dnight since i have a wedding to go too. Later guy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad