X-X-X
X-X-X

Gonchar-Robidas
Burns-X
X-X

Lehtonen
X

Thoughts?

Your Blue line is very good at moving the puck, and creating room for the forwards.
You should likely take another goalie soon, as Lehtonen is very injury prone. You will likely need a back up to who can take on the starter role.

Your forward group is average. You have decent depth at centre thus far. Your left wingers are injury prone though. Lucic and Mueller both had long term injuries.

overall your team is pretty good. It may be lacking a little bit of star power to put you in the top 5 or 6 though. You also may have injury trouble with Burns, Lucic, Mueller and maybe Gonchar.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Your Blue line is very good at moving the puck, and creating room for the forwards.
You should likely take another goalie soon, as Lehtonen is very injury prone. You will likely need a back up to who can take on the starter role.

Your forward group is average. You have decent depth at centre thus far. Your left wingers are injury prone though. Lucic and Mueller both had long term injuries.

overall your team is pretty good. It may be lacking a little bit of star power to put you in the top 5 or 6 though. You also may have injury trouble with Burns, Lucic, Mueller and maybe Gonchar.

exactly what I was saying.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
:avs

Jason Pominville--Mikko Koivu--Mikael Samuelsson
__________--Mathew Lombardi--Rene Bourque

Shea Weber--Nicklas Lidstrom

Jonathan Quick

How Am I looking right now?

agrudez*

:avs

Jason Pominville--Mikko Koivu--Mikael Samuelsson
__________--Mathew Lombardi--Rene Bourque

Shea Weber--Nicklas Lidstrom

Jonathan Quick

How Am I looking right now?

It is tough to say because you aren't really sure what will happen in LA's net this year. You have some solid picks (and possibly the best top d-pairing in the league).

agrudez*

Mueller-Richards-Huselius
Lucic-Vermette-Fleischmann
X-X-X
X-X-X

Gonchar-Robidas
Burns-X
X-X

Lehtonen
X

Thoughts?

Your D is pretty solid, I am high on Gonchar this year, even if I don't expect Robidas to have the same production as last year. Your offense looks pretty hit or miss, but Lehtonen could be a fantastic pick... he was once a pretty highly regarded goalie before injuries and St. Louis isn't going to be as bad as they were last season.

Middle of the pack team thus far, imo.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
It is tough to say because you aren't really sure what will happen in LA's net this year. You have some solid picks (and possibly the best top d-pairing in the league).

are u kidding me.

Lidstrom and Weber

I had the best for- in Myers - Mike Green(in pts)

But just Green alone will get more pts then Webber + Lidstrom (Fantasy wise)

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Your D is pretty solid, I am high on Gonchar this year, even if I don't expect Robidas to have the same production as last year. Your offense looks pretty hit or miss, but Lehtonen could be a fantastic pick... he was once a pretty highly regarded goalie before injuries and St. Louis isn't going to be as bad as they were last season.

Middle of the pack team thus far, imo.

Why St.Louis (you meant to say Dallas) LOL

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
XXXXX - E. Staal - XXXXX
Benn - B. Sutter - Callahan
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXXX

Chara - Carlson
Sbisa - Schenn
XXXX - XXXXX

Lundqvist
XXXXXXX

?

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
:ducks Are happy to announce the signing of Carey Price to a brand new 2 year, 2,500,000 per year contract!

year one - $2,500,000
year two- $2,500,000

damor

Dec 28, 2006
:ducks Are happy to announce the signing of Carey Price to a brand new 2 year, 2,500,000 per year contract!

year one - $2,500,000
year two- $2,500,000

what are you talking about he hasnt signed a new contract yet?

damor

Dec 28, 2006
it was negotiated with TUBEEEE SOCK

what that is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS WE ALL AGREED WE WERE GOING BASED ON ONLY CAPGEEKS NUMBERS....NO WAY SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT....THIS IS ABSOULTELY RIDICULOUS, THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN WORKING MY *** OFF RUNNING THIS LEAGUE FOR THE PAST WHILE AND GETTING THINGS ORGANIZED AND CANT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAN BE APPROVED!!!!

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
what that is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS WE ALL AGREED WE WERE GOING BASED ON ONLY CAPGEEKS NUMBERS....NO WAY SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT....THIS IS ABSOULTELY RIDICULOUS, THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

That's how it is for most games. If they don't have a contract, we can start negotiating with the people that are in charge. Next off-season, the players that become free agents wont be earning the same amount of money here compared to what they earn in real life. For example, in OG's game, I signed Paul Martin to a 4 year deal or something like that, paying him 5.25 mill, where as in real life he is making 5.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I'VE BEEN WORKING MY *** OFF RUNNING THIS LEAGUE FOR THE PAST WHILE AND GETTING THINGS ORGANIZED AND CANT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMETHING LIKE THIS CAN BE APPROVED!!!!

Are you actually making a big deal out of this?

damor

Dec 28, 2006
That's how it is for most games. If they don't have a contract, we can start negotiating with the people that are in charge. Next off-season, the players that become free agents wont be earning the same amount of money here compared to what they earn in real life. For example, in OG's game, I signed Paul Martin to a 4 year deal or something like that, paying him 5.25 mill, where as in real life he is making 5.

THE BOARDS SAY CAP GEEK NUMBERS ARE TO BE USED, NOTHING ABOUT NEGOTIATIONS.....YOU WAIT UNTIL HES SIGNED, THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET....I CANT COMPREHEND THIS! AND IM ONLY MAKING A BIG DEAL BECAUSE I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPLICITLY STATED WHEN WE SIGNED UP FOR THIS LEAGUE THAT ANY RFAS CAN JUST BE NEGOTIATED FOR

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
THE BOARDS SAY CAP GEEK NUMBERS ARE TO BE USED, NOTHING ABOUT NEGOTIATIONS.....YOU WAIT UNTIL HES SIGNED, THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET....I CANT COMPREHEND THIS! AND IM ONLY MAKING A BIG DEAL BECAUSE I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXPLICITLY STATED WHEN WE SIGNED UP FOR THIS LEAGUE THAT ANY RFAS CAN JUST BE NEGOTIATED FOR

Obviously you can negotiate for players that don't have contracts. Look, Next off season, the players that are set to become free agents will sign with other teams for X amount but that doesn't mean we have to sign them for the same amount. How will the agent (in this game) decide which free agent signs with which team if all the offers are the same. Obviously the amount of money and stuff is going to change.

Example Drew Doughty signs a 4 year deal with the L.A Kings earning 6 mill per year in real life. That doesn't mean that we have to sign him for the same amount. The Kings GM might have to overpay to get him or he might even pay less for less amount of years or whatever. The Kings GM can sign him to a 12 year deal, paying him 8 mill a season. Players that are set to become UFA's/RFA next season won't have the same contracts as what they do in real life.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Obviously you can negotiate for players that don't have contracts. Look, Next off season, the players that are set to become free agents will sign with other teams for X amount but that doesn't mean we have to sign them for the same amount. How will the agent (in this game) decide which free agent signs with which team if all the offers are the same. Obviously the amount of money and stuff is going to change.

Example Drew Doughty signs a 4 year deal with the L.A Kings earning 6 mill per year in real life. That doesn't mean that we have to sign him for the same amount. The Kings GM might have to overpay to get him or he might even pay less for less amount of years or whatever. Players that are set to become UFA's/RFA next season won't have the same contracts as what they do in real life.

thats why its called, cap management....so what, one commissioner is gonna decide every contract negotiation for next seasons cap....if thats how it is why am i even wasting my time in this league?

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
thats why its called, cap management....so what, one commissioner is gonna decide every contract negotiation for next seasons cap....if thats how it is why am i even wasting my time in this league?

No one commish. isn't going to decide every contract. What usually happens is that we get two people that are in charge of RFA for the Western Conference teams and the Eastern Conference teams. As of right now, I think Tube Socks is going to be handling all RFA contracts. When the free agent period occurs, we will have agents. Those agents will be assigned certain players and you negotiate with them to sign players. So for example I'm an agent. I have certain players assigned to me and one of them is, lets say, Kovalchuk. A lot of GM's are going to want him, so as an agent, I'm going to try to get him the best deal possible. Do you get it?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Relax, damor.....it's just one contract, I doubt it's going to be come a regular thing.

I doubt Tube Sock wants it to become a regular thing either....I know I wouldn't want my inbox flooded with RFA requests or something.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
damor, this is how we run things in the keeper leagues. We have either one or two agents negotiating contracts for every one. This is nothing to make an issue about.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
whatever, it would have been nice to place all these kind of details in the initial suignup post instead of assuming everyone just knows and understands (which has been the case for so many of the rules ive found out about along the way)...anyways, if tube socks is now back and running things, id like to pass the updates back to him then please, mods can u make it so?

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
How did this turn into a major thing? Ive been in too may leagues to count and its always been this way :s

damor

Dec 28, 2006
How did this turn into a major thing? Ive been in too may leagues to count and its always been this way :s

but there it is again, an assumption that just because uve been in many of these leagues that therefore everyone knows these things. im sorry i made a big deal out of it but noone ever took the time to explain any rules in this ********** league and it seems every day or so i find out theres something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad