Tube Sock's Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Ok, so now that Ktown's draft has progressed to the middle rounds it is probably safe to start up another league for anyone interested. I had planned on doing this a month ago but my internet was on the fritz and my Blackberry was lost. Now that I have all my technology back I can run it smoothly from wherever I am. If you are interested in joining please sign up in this thread.

Draft will consist of a 22 round NHL draft, a 5 round prospect draft, and a 3 round Entry Draft.

Anyone interested in helping feel free to PM me, I'll take help in any department. I'll need some player reps, etc...

Draft order will be determined after teams are filled and will be random, Prospect draft will be reverse order of NHL draft, Entry draft will be determined on team rankings as voted by GM's. Also after the 1st round we may just go to a draft schedule similar to Ktowns since it has worked well enough there. I'd also like to see PM's getting sent.

[fieldset=Rules]
1.Have fun.
2.Teams must be Salary Cap compliant. Salary cap is 59.4m
3.Trades must be sent in for approval.Important.
4.Draft time limit is 2 hours for the 1st round and 1 hour from then on if you don't pick in that time frame you are given the BPA based on points in the 1st round and skipped from rounds 2-22.Important.
5.Send me a list or you get what you get.Important.
6.A prospect can be anyone who is property of an NHL team, but hasn't played more than 15 regular season games in the NHL.
7.Entry draft order will be determined after the regular draft is over. We'll vote on whose team is best/worst.
8.Entry draft will consist of players who were drafted in 2010.[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Points System]
Forwards
Goal: 1 point
Assist: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 0.5 points
PPG: 1
SHG: 2
Overtime Goal: 3
Empty Net Goal: 1
Game Winning Goal: 2
Plus/Minus Plus: 1
Powerplay Assists: 1
Short Handed Assists: 1
Overtime Assists: 2
Penalty Shot Goals: 3
Hat Trick: 5

Defence
Goal: 2 point
Assist: 1 point
Shoot out winning goals: 1 point
PPG: 1
SHG: 2
OTG: 3
Plus/Minus - Plus: 1
Plus/Minus - Minus: -1
Power Play Assist: 1
Short Handed Assist: 1
Overtime Assist: 2
Penalty Shot: Goal: 4
Hat-Trick: 6

Goalies
Goal: 50
Assist: 10
Regulation Wins: 3
Overtime Wins: 3
Shoot Out Wins: 3
Regulation Loss: -1
Overtime Loss: -1
Shoot Out Loss: -1
ShutOut: 5
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=GM List]
Atlantic Division:
New Jersey Devils - Dutch Dreams
New York Islanders - IslesRock4
New York Rangers -NYR censored
Philadelphia Flyers - flyguy
Pittsburgh Penguins - Sensational Spezza

Northeast Division:
Boston Bruins - OilGagner89
Buffalo Sabres -fedro91
Montreal Canadiens -strutsboa
Ottawa Senators -Ktown Sens Fan 19
Toronto Maple Leafs -Chandrashekhar Limit

Southeast Division:
Atlanta Thrashers -Lemonte96
Carolina Hurricanes - habsman56
Florida Panthers - TourettesGuy
Tampa Bay Lightning - viktors89
Washington Capitals - Ovechkin007

Western Conference

Central Division:
Chicago Blackhawks - Modo
Columbus Blue Jackets -Tube Sock
Detroit Red Wings - goalies4ever
Nashville Predators - argudez
St. Louis Blues -Timonen

Northwest Division:
Calgary Flames - Theron
Colorado Avalanche - Schenn
Edmonton Oilers - Mehta
Minnesota Wild - damor
Vancouver Canucks -AlexMraz

Pacific Division:
Anaheim Ducks - odishabs
Dallas Stars - dsmissed
Los Angeles Kings - Barsam
Phoenix Coyotes - johnnydollaz89
San Jose Sharks -JPavs8cluthcy[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Draft Order]
inqzp5.jpg

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
:bruins

Also, if the prospect draft order is determined by voting how is the Entry Draft order determined?

Last edited:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
So the best team in the league would also get 1st overall?

No. NHL draft is random, prospect draft is reverse of that, Entry draft is determined by rankings lowest ranked picks first. Entry draft won't start until after the NHL and Prospect draft is completed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No. NHL draft is random, prospect draft is reverse of that, Entry draft is determined by rankings lowest ranked picks first. Entry draft won't start until after the NHL and Prospect draft is completed.
That makes sense, but the rules say different. ;)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
That makes sense, but the rules say different. ;)

Rules say exactly what he just said:

Draft order will be determined after teams are filled and will be random, Prospect draft will be reverse order of NHL draft, Entry draft will be determined on team rankings as voted by GM's. Also after the 1st round we may just go to a draft schedule similar to Ktowns since it has worked well enough there. I'd also like to see PM's getting sent.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Rules say exactly what he just said:

Mist that part, I was under the impression that Rule #7 meant prospect draft was voted on best/worst teams. My mistake.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Yes snake draft, and sorry the rules may be a bit misleading I just copy/pasted them from last years thread. Anyway it will be fair and the draft order will change for each draft unless the person with the 1st overall ends up drafting the worst team lol.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I haven't been in a draft like this before.
How exactly does the point system work? Do the points count for player stats from last season? Or are you using a simulator to get the stats?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I haven't been in a draft like this before.
How exactly does the point system work? Do the points count for player stats from last season? Or are you using a simulator to get the stats?
We are drafting for players next season, the point system also counts for next season. I assume Tube Sock has a website like pickuphockey that he'll use to keep track of the stats..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad