TSN ranks the top 25 NHL players of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
NHL Adjusted scoring per generation, MUCH more accurate.

-Gets rid of most of the overrated old time players prior to 1970 that ran up the stats when they had 6-10 teams in the league.

Era Adjusted best point leaders

hockey-adjusted-points-per-game-april-2017.png

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Crosby is the best overall talent and most skilled player to ever play.

Greatest or not who cares. Sports are evolutionary so McDavid could end up the best ever, and whoever after him, etc...

Current players never get full respect until they retire. Even then it depends on the age group of the fans. Gretzky knows himself he isn’t the best to ever play - just the best numbers ever put up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Rocket and Howe were before my time. But I would not disagree knowing how well respected hockey people have written and spoken of them.

I would also not disagree with 99, 4 and 66. On longevity 99 deserves top billing there. However, for me, #4 was the best player to ever play that I have seen.

Reactions: 99664987

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
maurice richard howie morenz eddie shore.. not even ppg players in high scoring eras.. and under 10 team leagues lol.. goes to show team success makes single players look better. exept for malkin :p
Wow.Don't know much about hockey do ya.

Reactions: 99664987

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Mike Bossy and Ken Dryden probably would of made this list if their careers were a bit longer. Bossy's goal scoring was insane during his career. Ken Dryden.. my childhood hero... impressive goaltender stats.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think that trying to determine any list is not the way to go here. I think the modern era and a say first 50 years as a list makes more sense. Totally different game and like all sports list, just too many variables to be considered as bible. So say 1980 on would begin the era of the game of more scoring, better goal tending, bigger and more physical players ect. Or you can go from the era of 6 teams and the first expansion as a cutoff. Either way, anylist should reflect differing eras. No problem with the top four as they really did change the dynamics of the game. Keep in mind up to the 70's no international player was in the NHL. The US wasn't nearly as big a component as now.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Or if I was serious it would be my opinion.. Now take care all knowing hockey professor!

In your opinion those players played in high scoring era? Maybe you should look up what the word opinion means.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Crosby is the best overall talent and most skilled player to ever play..

What now?

I'm as big a pens fan AND Sid fan as anyone but .. no. Just no.

Pound for pound, era adjusted, n all that jazz .. Sid doesn't touch Lemieux. No one does. Not even Gretz. Gretz had this stupid mental ability that put him head and shoulders ab9ve the rest but actual raw talent skill? Mario all the way and, as this site is so fond of saying .. ainec.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Lafleur, Plante, Sawchuk, Patrick Roy, Hasek all still ahead of Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad