TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Overdrive right now hinting at possibility of Leafs naming a captain soon. Possibly sooner than Marner's possible extension. Interesting.

No one likes speculation on this site. Is this more pure and utter nonsense, how would they know?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
She has legitimate flaws that make her a poor host for a premier hockey show in the greatest hockey city in the world.

My biggest issue is that she struggles with CBA issues, which means she has troubles with salary structure, roster rules, cap discussion. Some very basic stuff at times, too.

I wasn't trying to say that there might not be legitimate reasons to dislike her in the position. I was just commentin on the overly literal interpretation of the "should Tavares worry" question.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Overdrive right now hinting at possibility of Leafs naming a captain soon. Possibly sooner than Marner's possible extension. Interesting.

Well, to be honest, I've never understood why people put Marner in the potential Captain discussion. I just don't him as having enough substance to be captain. Always just seemed to be the flashy guy.

Reactions: Damisoph

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
She has legitimate flaws that make her a poor host for a premier hockey show in the greatest hockey city in the world.

My biggest issue is that she struggles with CBA issues, which means she has troubles with salary structure, roster rules, cap discussion. Some very basic stuff at times, too.

Most of the TSN /SN people struggle with CBA issues. Gord Miller I find to be especially bad with it.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Most of the TSN /SN people struggle with CBA issues. Gord Miller I find to be especially bad with it.

Not that I'm some CBA savant but media people who are paid to be informed not grasping basic concepts of the CBA are signs of a lack of curiosity, dedication to their jobs and sometimes mental aptitude. In some industries, people get canned for less. Keep in mind that many of these on-air talking heads aren't there for the love of sport, they're there because they crave attention.

I have a solution: TSN/SN should hire even just one behind the scenes individual who specializes in this type of research. Instead the money is spent on armies of hairdressers, makeup people, interior designers, visual graphics designers, nepotism/old boy hires, marketing drones, etc.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

whats funny is he tries to portray himself as TSN's resident CBA guy, the way he is so confident when talking about the CBA and 99% of time totally wrong is hilarious

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I find noodles thinking he is the "voice for the rest of canadas fans and teams" unbearable. Brings up totally irrelevant points and tries to derail anytime they start talking positively about the leafs.

Sid took on that role pretty heavily as well. Their attempts to combat against "Leafsnet" is pretty transparent at time.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Lol, this is gold. He is not disappointing. :laugh:

Now we are bringing up Matthews games missed vs Marner in terms of contract value. :banghead:

Reactions: kb

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Your a better man than me because I can't listen to Leafs Lunch full stop

If your going to be cringy at least be informative and they can't even do that right

Cept i'm listening right now. I have no will power :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad