TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can't work it out, she's horrendous

I'm a huge Leafs fan who consumes any information I can about them and even if can't listen through that show

How some of these people still have jobs defys rational thought
The only one I actually care about is Overdrive. Even though Jamie says some silly things, I can deal with his anti leaf bias. What I can't listen too is people with zero knowledge that just say things without fact. It doesn't help that Andi feels she is the star of the show.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The only one I actually care about is Overdrive. Even though Jamie says some silly things, I can deal with his anti leaf bias. What I can't listen too is people with zero knowledge that just say things without fact. It doesn't help that Andi feels she is the star of the show.

I really dislike the little girl aren't I cute routine Andi does, I don't care about you just give me something interesting to listen to even if I don't agree with it

I really like overdrive, Hayes knows his stuff and he's an excellent presenter, O'Neill is just funny and Noodles is fine especially when he's talking goaltending

I don't mind the anti Leafs stuff, jealousy is a beautiful thing

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
She clearly means nervous about potentially not performing as well as last year if Marner is not there.

I don't like Andi, but there's nothing to see here, you guys are trying to hate too hard.

Yes because I'm sure the franchise level center that carried the Islanders and some poor wingers is afraid Marner's not coming back

Hive me a break

Reactions: stickty111

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Yes because I'm sure the franchise level center that carried the Islanders and some poor wingers is afraid Marner's not coming back

Hive me a break

Well you said you can't work it out, and I thought it was pretty obvious what she meant. Did she go on to argue that Tavares isn't good, carried by Marner, and should be nervous? Or did she just pose the question to fill their show with content?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think she was saying Tavares will not be all that good without Marner. Do we really need to tell what Tavares did to the wingers he had in NY?

ahh well that makes a bit more sense. So JT will be nervous his points will drop 2-6 points without marner and his goals will drop as he will need to adapt to being creator and finisher again?.

Reactions: kb

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
She clearly means nervous about potentially not performing as well as last year if Marner is not there.

I don't like Andi, but there's nothing to see here, you guys are trying to hate too hard.
You can keep defending silly sentences, but it doesn't make it correct.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I really dislike the little girl aren't I cute routine Andi does, I don't care about you just give me something interesting to listen to even if I don't agree with it

I really like overdrive, Hayes knows his stuff and he's an excellent presenter, O'Neill is just funny and Noodles is fine especially when he's talking goaltending

I don't mind the anti Leafs stuff, jealousy is a beautiful thing

I find noodles thinking he is the "voice for the rest of canadas fans and teams" unbearable. Brings up totally irrelevant points and tries to derail anytime they start talking positively about the leafs. Show wouldn't miss a beat without him, there is no goaltending segment for him to shine on.

Hayes, Odog and johnson would be my dream lineup for overdrive. Johnson is in no way a leaf homer but he played for the leafs amongst other teams similar to odog. But he is far more interesting than noodles and is especially good at other sports unlike noodles and odog. Noodles speaks in clichés when talking about anything but hockey its pretty embarassing

Reactions: Go4soda

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

It’s a silly question
Why would he be nervous?
  1. He already got paid
  2. He has always been a steady producer no matter who is on his line

Reactions: kb and stickty111

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well you said you can't work it out, and I thought it was pretty obvious what she meant. Did she go on to argue that Tavares isn't good, carried by Marner, and should be nervous? Or did she just pose the question to fill their show with content?

Content? That's a friendly way of putting it, pointless dross is more accurate

If your hosting Leafs lunch and that's what you come up with for content your bad at your job, which she is

I find noodles thinking he is the "voice for the rest of canadas fans and teams" unbearable. Brings up totally irrelevant points and tries to derail anytime they start talking positively about the leafs. Show wouldn't miss a beat without him, there is no goaltending segment for him to shine on.

Hayes, Odog and johnson would be my dream lineup for overdrive. Johnson is in no way a leaf homer but he played for the leafs amongst other teams similar to odog. But he is far more interesting than noodles and is especially good at other sports unlike noodles and odog. Noodles speaks in clichés when talking about anything but hockey its pretty embarassing

I don't mind noodles, he's just another salty non Leaf fan complaining about the Leafs while talking the Leafs every day :laugh: he's good with goaltending as well, one of the few guys that is imo

I like Johnson as well but I'd like him with a decent host on Leafs lunch so that program isn't an appalling mess

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Content? That's a friendly way of putting it, pointless dross is more accurate

If your hosting Leafs lunch and that's what you come up with for content your bad at your job, which she is

Is it really ridiculous to suggest that Tavares may benefit from playing with Marner? Or that losing something that benefits you could possibly be worrying?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Is it really ridiculous to suggest that Tavares may benefit from playing with Marner? Or that losing something that benefits you could possibly be worrying?

He is not going to worry, that's silly to suggest that. I am sure he is supremely confident, he knows he can produce no matter what. He has already done it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Tavares is under contract for 6 more years, so who cares what he thinks?

He gets paid to play with who his coach tells him to and Tavares makes his linemates better, he always has so why would he doubt he couldn't do that with Kapanen or Nylander?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
That is a particularly bad question by andi. It kind of shows that she only focuses on the leafs and few other teams during the year if she thinks tavares is nervous. You'd think she'd have the knowledge that while Marner makes other players better, so has tavares.

And hymans along for the ride lol

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Do some of you really interpret Andi’s question so literally that you think she actually believes that Tavares would be worried? Or do you just dislike her and are stretching things to convince others that she’s bad? Be honest. ;)

She has legitimate flaws that make her a poor host for a premier hockey show in the greatest hockey city in the world.

My biggest issue is that she struggles with CBA issues, which means she has troubles with salary structure, roster rules, cap discussion. Some very basic stuff at times, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad