TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
How did Mike Zigo get a gig on Hockey Central, he's bland, boring and bad. Seriously, who makes that call to put this stiff on the air?

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I have no idea why Andi has to go "i'm italian" all the time.
no one cares.

It's an insufferable GTA thing. I have no idea what Gord Miller, Craig Button or the guy's from Overdrive's background is, and I'm quite happy not knowing. Now, if I could only figure out what Carlo Colaiacavo's background is....

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
no one cares.
She had a quip today when Lou was on the line. "So I heard they had pasta and I was like sure but is it REAL pasta." The last two words in that most Torontonian of Italian accents. You could hear the look from him over the phone and the airwaves.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
It's an insufferable GTA thing. I have no idea what Gord Miller, Craig Button or the guy's from Overdrive's background is, and I'm quite happy not knowing. Now, if I could only figure out what Carlo Colaiacavo's background is....
Or Michael Landsberg's.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
She had a quip today when Lou was on the line. "So I heard they had pasta and I was like sure but is it REAL pasta." The last two words in that most Torontonian of Italian accents. You could hear the look from him over the phone and the airwaves.

LOL that's what i was referring to. like there was this pause, and i swear you could hear lou thinking out loud. "are you kidding me with this crap?"

Reactions: Slot

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Dreger is the biggest fraud and clickbait artist in the “insider” business. It’s laughable.

Absolutely cannot stand that guy. I shut off any radio hit he does.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
i love how everyone in toronto is going to be offer sheeted.
also according to Dreger, we can't hoard superstars.
did someone tell Pittsburgh/Chicago this?
Yeah holy hell. Leafs lunch is all about basically somehow the leafs wont have anyone next year. Supposedly matthews, nylander, and marner will all be gone.

Reactions: OddyOh

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Dreger is the biggest fraud and clickbait artist in the “insider” business. It’s laughable.

Absolutely cannot stand that guy. I shut off any radio hit he does.
I don’t mind Dreger.

But he definitely is click bait and loves to rile up the fans.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

to be fair O'dog doesn't shut up about being irish, its fairly obvious with a name like O'neill but then again its a pretty safe assumption Petrillo is Italian too

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
no one cares.

Its embarrassing. During the summer she went on about maple vs woodbridge as if anyone listening has a clue what shes talking about or actually gives a rats behind. I'm afraid we'll have to put up with this indefinitely because its not politically correct to fire her.
Her niche is doing television and interviewing players. Radio requires a interesting personality which she obviously lacks. No different than putting ODog as the main host of overdrive which would end up as a disaster.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Boy Noodles loves his Price eh?

He's irrational...still calls Price the best goalie in the league. I find Noodles' opinions can change with whatever mood he's in, and with the way he talks in circles, could have a different opinion at the end than the beginning of a rant.

Reactions: Critical91

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Boy Noodles loves his Price eh?

Meh. I don't think you can pay a goalie over 10 million, and the defense in front of him is pretty bad, but if all things were equal for goaltenders, I'd still put my money on Price being the best.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Its embarrassing. During the summer she went on about maple vs woodbridge as if anyone listening has a clue what shes talking about or actually gives a rats behind. I'm afraid we'll have to put up with this indefinitely because its not politically correct to fire her.
Her niche is doing television and interviewing players. Radio requires a interesting personality which she obviously lacks. No different than putting ODog as the main host of overdrive which would end up as a disaster.
The difference between Maple and Woodbridge is that there is the 400 between them. Outside of that, its the same cookie cutter suburbs, with the same plaza that vary between having one Montanas, Jack Astors, or similar restauraunt, and one of McDonalds or Tim Hortons (sometimes both), and an array of one of these (Subway, Wendy's, A and W, etc).

Woodbridge has Parmigiana, so, I'll give it the edge.

Reactions: Critical91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad