TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If Marner puts up 90+ points his only strong comparable will be Kane coming off his ELC, who took 11% of the 2010-11 cap. 11% of the 2018-19 cap based on current cap estimates for next year have Marner making around 9M per year...if he puts up 90+ points.

$9M is about as high as I would ever be willing to go for a winger. $10M and im 100% out we cant have 3 forwards at $10m, it one reason why its kind of important to still have Nylander around. If Marner is there demanding $10m and we got Nylander at even $7.5 ill take the cheaper player who makes 25% less who is maybe 20% less of a player at worst. It will help us too in that if nylander isn't here marner will use that he is the only 1st line winger we have as attempted leverage

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Oof, that's during the "Peter Griffin" years for Hazey B.

I've never seen a second of 90 day fiancee, but I think Scott MacArthur is Peter Laviolette's doppleganger.

AssetImage

vjeaMWg__400x400.jpg

O'Dawg is the one that looks like Peter Griffin.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-10...ayer-safety-and-the-value-of-marner-1.1206327

12:25 Dreger: "I think the only way, the ONLY way, Marner gets less than $10 million" is if he takes a hometown discount
This is so f***ing stupid. I hate how all the insiders keep throwing out 10 mil for Marner based on what exactly? He's playing great but unless he puts up 100+ and gets himself some hardware he's not reaching that.

Why has every dumbass apparently forgotten that Kucherov JUST signed a 9.5 AAV contract after 100 ****ing pt season AND he has more UFA years on his deal? Idiots, all of them.
This. Why don't we look at comparables instead of throwing out random numbers? At this rate Barzal is going to get max contract, Laine too?

Reactions: WildWolfdog

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The thing with Marner is Leafs and him already exchanged their numbers preseason and did not reach a deal. He then stated he will not negotiate until the season is over which is his right. Will he come back with his 10M ask yes he will when season is over. Then it will be up to Dubas to figure something out for 8 years with Marner. My gut tells me he will not go to wall like Nylander has done. Nylander and Marner families are in 2 completely different snack brackets like RICH and POOR.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Am i wrong or does leafs lunch etc not take any calls from fans? only other famous people?
Would it be because maybe someone would call and literally blast them

This is so ****ing stupid. I hate how all the insiders keep throwing out 10 mil for Marner based on what exactly? He's playing great but unless he puts up 100+ and gets himself some hardware he's not reaching that.

This. Why don't we look at comparables instead of throwing out random numbers? At this rate Barzal is going to get max contract, Laine too?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
This is so ****ing stupid. I hate how all the insiders keep throwing out 10 mil for Marner based on what exactly? He's playing great but unless he puts up 100+ and gets himself some hardware he's not reaching that.

Look at the average Leafs media person as just an extension of this group :thumbu:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The thing with Marner is Leafs and him already exchanged their numbers preseason and did not reach a deal. He then stated he will not negotiate until the season is over which is his right. Will he come back with his 10M ask yes he will when season is over. Then it will be up to Dubas to figure something out for 8 years with Marner. My gut tells me he will not go to wall like Nylander has done. Nylander and Marner families are in 2 completely different snack brackets like RICH and POOR.

Marner's family are far from poor. They may not have the same amount of money as the Nylanders but that doesn't mean they are poor.

Reactions: Confucius

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Marner can easily get 10 million if he was open market...This is what Kane makes now and who would you take today Kane or Marner?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
And I consider Marner better than Kane so that makes him way more than Kane. I believe Kane got the contract before or just after first cup.
Kane Signed that Contract in 2014, and they won there first cup in 2010 so not right after the first cup.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Its annoying hearing people say Marner has a good chance at 10m, when I bet if the same was asked for Rantanen or Aho that wouldn't be the case.

I think I read had we traded back in the 2015 draft Ranatanen was a forward we were looking at, he would be a great option for the leafs if we had him. THe size and skill brings so much to our team. Im not saying Marner isn't as good he is maybe even better, but with Nylander and other smaller wingers in the system Ranatanen would have been unreal with MAtthews or JT. Hindsight obviously if people thought he was even close to the same talent as Marner he'd probably gone 3rd overall at worst maybe even ahead of Eichel

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
And I consider Marner better than Kane so that makes him way more than Kane. I believe Kane got the contract before or just after first cup.
Kucherov just signed for 9.5m per year after getting 100 points and 17p in 17 games in the playoffs last year. Don't think Marner has that kind of leverage.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Kucherov just signed for 9.5m per year after getting 100 points and 17p in 17 games in the playoffs last year. Don't think Marner has that kind of leverage.

If I'm building a team I want Marner and would pay 10 mil for him in a heartbeat. He continues to drive the leaf offense and was deadly in the playoffs. He's worth as much as Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad