TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Can’t believe Button just tossed out Nylander for Saad.

I see why he isn’t employed by any NHL team

Button is a complete and utter wanker. I love people pretend he could still be a gm if he wanted too. The man is a grade a simpleton who is absolutely stealing a living from TSN “resident gm” what a joke

Reactions: supermann_98

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Noodles looking like a defensive loser yesterday.

Hayes said the Oilers are a slow team compared to the rest of the NHL I.E How they move the puck etc, they look like a slow team.

Noodles right away doesn't like a Leafs fan bashing another Canadian team tries arguing that they aren't slow, but didn't understand the concept of they play slow.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Im not good with the names but today on leafs lunch was the worst episode ive ever listened to. Marty biron i actually really like and is a nice guy so this is not against him at all but when they called him to talk about skinners contract etc the two guys andi works with i think craig button and soemone else are god awful. That was embarrasing how they petty argue and ignored andi a few times and just kept petty arguing.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
well what was button's reasoning to do it - that's more what i meant.

Craig Button said:

- Brandon Saad is a left winger who can play with Auston Matthews

- signed for $6 million a year

Mike Johnson said:

- Brandon Saad provides cost certainty that you can work around

- Saad is a young player that will be around a long time

- Saad scored 30 goals once and 20 goals a couple of times

- Saad is a worse player than William Nylander

- Saad has had playoff success in the past

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Craig Button said:

Mike Johnson said:

thanks hockeywiz :)

that's where I thought he was leaning towards - the playoff success + championship would be be good.
but his numbers has totally dropped off
something else would be coming back w/Nylander, i'd have to imagine.

Because Saad is locked in at 6 million. I’d rather we lock Nylander in for a bit more. Considering he’s a better player and also 21.

yah i just wanted to know what the reasoning was behind it before calling him dumb or anything.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Im not good with the names but today on leafs lunch was the worst episode ive ever listened to. Marty biron i actually really like and is a nice guy so this is not against him at all but when they called him to talk about skinners contract etc the two guys andi works with i think craig button and soemone else are god awful. That was embarrasing how they petty argue and ignored andi a few times and just kept petty arguing.

Button is very very petty and argumentative all the time

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Noodles looking like a defensive loser yesterday.

Hayes said the Oilers are a slow team compared to the rest of the NHL I.E How they move the puck etc, they look like a slow team.

Noodles right away doesn't like a Leafs fan bashing another Canadian team tries arguing that they aren't slow, but didn't understand the concept of they play slow.

Noodles plays dumb a lot. He seems pretty uneducated too so forming real arguments may be hard for him. Anyone who says “you guyses” didn’t take school seriously

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
Noodles plays dumb a lot. He seems pretty uneducated too so forming real arguments may be hard for him. Anyone who says “you guyses” didn’t take school seriously

I think the complete opposite. He's not "educated" in the traditional sense but I think he's one of the smartest hockey analysts out there (similar to Ray), who watches the whole league and offers that perspective better than anyone in the TOR media - even more than Bobby Mack who openly admits he doesn't watch as much hockey anymore. Noodles is a hockey junky even though he's not polished and doesn't speak so eloquently at times.

EDM has fast players but are a slow team. Outside McDavid, they absolutely suck and it's mostly lack of skill/talent. Their big players are too slow and their small players aren't great.

McDavid is such a superstar that he masks a lot of problems, even though he can play "lazy" and float around at times in the neutral zone/defensively and kinda plays a perimeter game. Then again, he plays an extra 6-7min a game over other superstar forwards so he's got to pace himself AND carry the team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Craig Button said:

Mike Johnson said:

Saad is a cost certain bust though. No way the Leafs get tricked into reimbursing the Hawks for their terrible Panarin for Saad trade. That's an unimaginative, terrible deal.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Remember last 2 times the Leafs acquired the Hawks' "playoff success" players? they turned out to be garbage

If anything, the Leafs should be gearing up for playoff runs where we inflate the values of guys like Brown, Leivo, etc. and set ourselves up for some nice future deals.

Reactions: OddyOh

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Noodles is insightful when talking about the technical skills of goalies.

He really has to find a way to drop the western Canadian small town complex and stop taking offence to big bad big city Toronto looking successful.
He also has to stop bringing in goalie talk no matter what the conversation is. Can't get past Hayes saying the leafs played well last night without Noodles saying "Yeah they did but did you see Andersen last night, he was unbelievable, they wouldnt be anywhere without him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad