TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
That contract was Bergy's parting gift to his foxhole buddy. He gets fired, but he still gets paid.

Another Pro Marc mouth piece to the long list of MB supporters.... exclusively in french !:eek:

You don't turn on foxhole buddies... after all they were battling in the foxhole. The cherry on top is hitting the lottery thanks to Marc the fighter Bergvin.

I'm sure we will get nothing but top notch analysis from MEEECHUEEE. :sarcasm:

Maybe we will even hear the snap snap of the old toe nail clippers in the background :D

Reactions: Laurentide

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Another Pro Marc mouth piece to the long list of MB supporters.... exclusively in french !:eek:

You don't turn on foxhole buddies... after all they were battling in the foxhole. The cherry on top is hitting the lottery thanks to Marc the fighter Bergvin.

I'm sure we will get nothing but top notch analysis from MEEECHUEEE. :sarcasm:

Maybe we will even hear the snap snap of the old toe nail clippers in the background :D
I prefer to see how Michu throws dem toenails into sleeping Moloson's mouth :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I prefer to see how Michu throws dem toenails into sleeping Moloson's mouth :sarcasm:

In an upgraded version of the event, the toenails are propelled by Michou expertly passing gas while in fetal position.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just listened to Stu Cowan on with Matthew Ross this morning. Is there anyone left other than Geoff Molson and the few remaining Bergy supporters here (I believe they're just trolling at this point but whatever) that has anything positive to say about the job Marc Beregvin has been doing? The amount of negativity surrounding the Habs is ridiculous right now.

The Habs were once known as the classiest organization in the NHL but since Marc Bergevin has taken the GM reigns it seems all of that has gone out the window. For me step 1 in getting the Habs back on track is for Geoff Molson to step down as President and to hire a hockey guy who knows what he's doing because clearly Geoff Molson is clueless.

Here's what Stu Cowan had to say this morning with Matthew Ross. It's nothing that hasn't been said here countless times though.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/cowan-subban-trade-began-the-downfall-of-the-habs-1.1166089

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Just listened to Stu Cowan on with Matthew Ross this morning. Is there anyone left other than Geoff Molson and the few remaining Bergy supporters here (I believe they're just trolling at this point but whatever) that has anything positive to say about the job Marc Beregvin has been doing? The amount of negativity surrounding the Habs is ridiculous right now.

The Habs were once known as the classiest organization in the NHL but since Marc Bergevin has taken the GM reigns it seems all of that has gone out the window. For me step 1 in getting the Habs back on track is for Geoff Molson to step down as President and to hire a hockey guy who knows what he's doing because clearly Geoff Molson is clueless.

Here's what Stu Cowan had to say this morning with Matthew Ross. It's nothing that hasn't been said here countless times though.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/cowan-subban-trade-began-the-downfall-of-the-habs-1.1166089

Its Pretty funny when you think back to Gauthier and aside from the Cammy trade midgame and jersey thing (Which is a bs thing) , MB has treated players like crap lol .

Thrown under the bus and Destroy their value publicly before doing trades and other stuff

It may be interesting to see what Therrien says in the next couple weeks lolol More than likely he will not say anything bad because he wants another job

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
There seems to be no doubt at this point the level of involvement Bergevin had in the day to day running of the hockey team on the ice. The fact that he seemed to routinely come down and talk to the team was not a good sign..

GM's should get the players but then let the coaches do their job, Bergevin seems to have overstepped this. Speaks to the controlling, condescending nature that he displays in public

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
There seems to be no doubt at this point the level of involvement Bergevin had in the day to day running of the hockey team on the ice. The fact that he seemed to routinely come down and talk to the team was not a good sign..

GM's should get the players but then let the coaches do their job, Bergevin seems to have overstepped this. Speaks to the controlling, condescending nature that he displays in public
It'd be funny if MT was the better hockey mind after all. I remember the rumors circa 2014-15 when the likes of Moen and inferior players were being played and the clash was supposedly about Therrien preferring those players and MB not being happy of this happening when he had Sekac being a HS.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Savard clip from Nilan's show, has been playing repeatedly on Melnick's segment right now.

Thought I'd list the points Savard made:
  • Attitude is not just a player's responsibility but also management's.
  • Savard really loved the core 3 years ago, young players. Believed a winning team could be built out of them. And now they're all gone. They'll have to start from scratch.
  • They don't want to call it a rebuild, but that's what it is.
  • It's not a healthy situation: you're fighting with your captain and you're starting your training camp next week. You're talking about attitude, how can you have a good attitude on the team? It's sad.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
... did Rod Francis just say that we should trade Max for a middle of the pack prospect + a 2nd or 3rd to "get it over with" or did I misunderstand what was said? I have it on but I'm working so not paying complete attention.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
... did Rod Francis just say that we should trade Max for a middle of the pack prospect + a 2nd or 3rd to "get it over with" or did I misunderstand what was said? I have it on but I'm working so not paying complete attention.

I wasn't really paying much attention either since Mike Farber bores the hell out of me but that's what it sounded like Rod Francis said to me. Melnick did say after regarding what Francis said that he's happy Rod isn't the Habs GM. :)

Pierre McGuire is back after the break so I guess it's more Pacioretty talk. This Pacioretty mess is making Habs management look like the clowns they really are with how they mishandle things. Just make the sleaziness coming from the Habs management please stop. Enough already.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yea, Serge isn't MB's biggest fan these past two years, even if he shares responsibility for him getting the job to begin with. But to be fair, when MB started, he was making a lot of good moves (trades and signings). He was even nominated for GM of the Year at the NHL Awards his first two seasons.

But to be fair, aside from the Pacioretty fiasco, I think MB had a good summer, particularly getting rid of Sly and his staff, as well as Lacroix and JJD, as well as letting Dudley walk away, and bringing in Ducharme and Richardson and Bouchard. The draft was good. He stacked the Rocket and signed some prospects who will start their pro careers and also stayed away from giving a bad contract on free agency (we didn't need another Alzner type deal). So overall, I think MB had a real good summer. It doesn't mean it saves him from criticism.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But to be fair, aside from the Pacioretty fiasco, I think MB had a good summer, particularly getting rid of Sly and his staff, as well as Lacroix and JJD, as well as letting Dudley walk away, and bringing in Ducharme and Richardson and Bouchard. The draft was good. He stacked the Rocket and signed some prospects who will start their pro careers and also stayed away from giving a bad contract on free agency (we didn't need another Alzner type deal). So overall, I think MB had a real good summer. It doesn't mean it saves him from criticism.

I thought it was a decent summer but will refrain from calling it more than that, especially not without the Pro and Amateur scouting depts. getting upgraded.

It's abhorrent that the same individuals that recommended the acquisitions and signings of turds over the past 3 years, are still in the same advisory capacity with Bergevin. And how Geoff can't get himself removed from hockey ops and act like an owner, instead.

They talked about transparency at the year-end presser but failed on their first test:

They spoke about an overwhelming attitude issue that plagued the dressing room throughout last year. The antidote? Trade Galchenyuk.

They made a great deal about the importance of attitude and yet their handling of the Pacioretty matter, provides nowhere near the standard they claim their players must meet.

This summer has mixed reviews. Bergevin should have been nixed. And the Lefebvre and JJD firings were just low-hanging fruit. This tells me that Bergevin still has a pretty good stranglehold on his job. More turbulence ahead.

Reactions: Laurentide

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I thought it was a decent summer but will refrain from calling it more than that, especially not without the Pro and Amateur scouting depts. getting upgraded.

It's abhorrent that the same individuals that recommended the acquisitions and signings of turds over the past 3 years, are still in the same advisory capacity with Bergevin. And how Geoff can't get himself removed from hockey ops and act like an owner, instead.

They talked about transparency at the year-end presser but failed on their first test:

They spoke about an overwhelming attitude issue that plagued the dressing room throughout last year. The antidote? Trade Galchenyuk.

They made a great deal about the importance of attitude and yet their handling of the Pacioretty matter, provides nowhere near the standard they claim their players must meet.

This summer has mixed reviews. Bergevin should have been nixed. And the Lefebvre and JJD firings were just low-hanging fruit. This tells me that Bergevin still has a pretty good stranglehold on his job. More turbulence ahead.

Sad times for Habs fans...

Reactions: Runner77

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Alfieri was really good on that week that he spent with Melnick recently. They ought to bring him in as a regular rather than as just a correspondent.
The kid has personality. He just needs to avoid being mistaken for a Salikis clone.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The kid has personality. He just needs to avoid being mistaken for a Salikis clone.

Getting mistaken for Tsalikis or being identified with his questionable attributes, is a death knell. Except on 690, it ensures a lot of fill-in work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad