TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Since the habs are expected and probably going to be bad .. It will be interesting and hilarious to see how much soccer talk Marinaro can squeeze and use the impact are a playoff team and habs suck argument
Then say Soccer popularity is growing.... Look at the stats ... They back me up ... Everyone HAS to love soccer or they are stupid people who hate goos things .
The worse the Habs are, the more people want to talk about them. I've seen it for years on message boards like this one. When the Habs have a great performance, the game thread will be maybe 3 pages long because at a certain point people get bored writing about how they played well. But when they lay an egg that game thread will be into double-digits before the Zamboni has finished cleaning the ice because people are enraged and need to vent. And when they get tired of ranting about specific things that happened in the game they will inevitably segue into hammering away at their favorite agendas (Bergevin, coaching, ownership, etc.) Listen to 690's post-game show after a bad loss. It's far more entertaining radio than after a win. Marinaro's show is no different. The only time he's entertaining is when his head explodes after a horrible loss. And his rage is transferred to the listening audience who feed off of it and add to it.

Whenever the Habs play terribly the first thing that pops into my head at the end of the game (if not before that, if they're really getting hammered) is "Boy, I don't want to miss the post-game show or Marinaro's show tomorrow morning." The old show on TQS "110%" was never more entertaining than when the Habs were losing. When the Habs were winning, nobody on any of these shows had anything to complain about. Discord and upheaval sells. Consistent competency is good for a team but not great for post-game show ratings.

Reactions: scrubadam

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

puke.gif

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
How so ? I think Molson and MB are way more responsible.
Part of their guilt is hiring Therrien after he'd failed the first time around and had been out of coaching for a few years (due to the fact that no team in their right mind would want him) The fact that they picked him up off the scrap heap because they were too chickenbleep to hire a non-francophone or even just a different one, is on them for sure. But Therrien is still a lousy coach who allows his personal prejudices to cloud his decisions.

Jul 6, 2016
Part of their guilt is hiring Therrien after he'd failed the first time around and had been out of coaching for a few years (due to the fact that no team in their right mind would want him) The fact that they picked him up off the scrap heap because they were too chickenbleep to hire a non-francophone or even just a different one, is on them for sure. But Therrien is still a lousy coach who allows his personal prejudices to cloud his decisions.

All the coaches are the same. But Therrien life shelf as a coach is no ore than 3 seasons. He should had been fired after his third season. And MB should had been fired at the same time.

No Subban-Eller-Sergachev- trades maybe....

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
All the coaches are the same. But Therrien life shelf as a coach is no ore than 3 seasons. He should had been fired after his third season. And MB should had been fired at the same time.

No Subban-Eller-Sergachev- trades maybe....

I agree on the whole, but I'd say Therrien's optimal shelf life is more around 2 years. You get him in there to discipline the guys and then you switch to a more tactically/strategically inclined coach.

Playoffs 2015 was really pathetic, and part of that was poor coaching.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
How so ? I think Molson and MB are way more responsible.
Yes and no, yes cause they have the final say and thus the blame goes on them, however he is the root of all evil and their biggest downfall was trusting this Megalomaniac .
He is the root of all evil!!!!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I can just picture now JC Lajoie taking every opportunity he can to get MT to get harsh with Habs, particularly CJ and MB.

I do not see him being Harsh on the habs to be honest. I expect it will be pro Habs propaganda with heavy bashing of the next MTL scapegoat.

Hes still being paid by the habs org.. why bash it? He was in the foxhole , you don't slander the guys who were in the fox hole with you.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Are we sure he's still paid by the Habs? Sometimes they have clauses for that. Like, if you go work in the media, it voids your contract. But then again, I doubt Therrien would void his contract just to be on the radio a few times a week.

So... yeah, Therrien is basically a PR guy for the Habs on FM91.9. That's just pathetic.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I do not see him being Harsh on the habs to be honest. I expect it will be pro Habs propaganda with heavy bashing of the next MTL scapegoat.

Hes still being paid by the habs org.. why bash it? He was in the foxhole , you don't slander the guys who were in the fox hole with you.

He's no longer paid by Habs. His contract ended this past summer.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Especially when doing so would nullify your contract, which I imagine can happen if you're found to be spreading shit in the media to cause trouble.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Actually, I stand corrected by @BLONG7 & @Tighthead. As you also said earlier, he is under contract for one more year.
Hey, no problem at all, wasn't sure, but thought when he got fired mid season, we were on the hook for 2 more.......at the end of the day, Molson signed off on extensions that were not earned, and here we are...paying guys who failed, and are failing...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hey, no problem at all, wasn't sure, but thought when he got fired mid season, we were on the hook for 2 more.......at the end of the day, Molson signed off on extensions that were not earned, and here we are...paying guys who failed, and are failing...

Now that the contract was signed, I'd rather they pay him to NOT still be the coach than to keep him to justify paying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad