TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
She used to post sometimes on the old Pens board, she was a big fan of Mario Lemieux from the time he was in junior. She may have worked for Laval, can`t remember now.

She was well liked, I exchanged a few posts with her about the Habs.
That's how she got started, doing volunteering work as a statistician for Les Voisins.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is anyone surprised? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dumbest media guy in the business (I know, stiff competition from Gaston Therien). Arrogant to boot. Every time I listen to him, my ears start bleeding and I have to switch channels.

He's like a spoiled brat who got handed the job by his dad. He would make Bergevin look like a genius if he was a GM.

Lavoie got handed a job by his dad? I never bothered to research Lavoie, he's always bored me to death. If you have more on this or if anyone else does, it might make for an interesting read.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I respect Machabee to the utmost. She paved the way for women in, like le_sean said, a macho sport in a world that was still pretty misogynistic, and always was a class act and behaved like a true journalist is supposed to. -Very- respected in the NHL...

Saw her working the stands at the Big O, many times during Expos games. She'd venture into the stands and interact with fans. Kids would just gravitate towards her and this one time, she was talking to a group of kids who were close to my seat and the way she'd talk to them, she was so respectful and made them feel important.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
So this girl just released a book which is about her triumph in a male dominated industry and we are responding with pics glorifying her "sex appeal"

Yeesh

Before I posted that pic I said she was a pioneer in a misogynistic world, on top of being a model for future journalists.

But, well, she also happens to be a beautiful woman, so, well, yeah. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We apparently cannot discuss the inner and outer beauty of an individual without resorting to condescending epithets.

Let's go back to bashing 690, 98.5, 91.19 and media in general.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nope, definitely all woman.

Who has a 20-something son she's very proud out and who figures prominently on her twitter account. Looks like she's done well for herself.

Now, how about le Baron Rouge ... how does he still have a job? :laugh:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So this girl just released a book which is about her triumph in a male dominated industry and we are responding with pics glorifying her "sex appeal"

Yeesh

People are calling a woman (not a girl btw, who calls a man in his 50s a boy ?) beautiful and posting public pictures she consented to.

Reverse the situation and its still fine.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
She had to put up with a lot in the dressing rooms. I heard Shayne Corson used to purposely drop his towel in front of her.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Surprised this hasn't been posted here (or if so, didn't see it), but this is a really good interview with Stephan Lebeau (ex-habs player and ex-assistant with the Hamilton Bulldogs).

He talks about his experience coaching next to Sylvain Lefebvre and the overall philosophy of the Habs organization.

Reactions: cap10bfl

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
What was the name of that chick who was on SRC sports back in the 80's before RDS started? Short haired brunette. Her name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember. Bugging me now.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What was the name of that chick who was on SRC sports back in the 80's before RDS started? Short haired brunette. Her name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't remember. Bugging me now.
Marie-Josée Turcotte? She's the only one I can think of at the moment, but maybe you're thinking older.

ts1Vvz9A_400x400.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad