Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
that's the PHO Geoff Mol$on is planning to get

pho-is-goodrice-paper.jpg

That looks amazing! But it's an awfully shallow bowl, is it not? ;)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If Geoff is involved, it's probably spelled "FAUX".

Did you know that pho is a relatively recent addition to Vietnamese cuisine?
It dates back to French colonial times.

Pho isn't pronounced phonetically. It's name is actually a derivation of the French "feu", as in pot-au-feu and is essentially a Viet version of that classic French stew.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Did you know that pho is a relatively recent addition to Vietnamese cuisine?
It dates back to French colonial times.

Pho isn't pronounced phonetically. It's name is actually a derivation of the French "feu", as in pot-au-feu and is essentially a Viet version of that classic French stew.

And banh-mi "wheat bread", was obviously introduced by french baguette (and mayonnaise)

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To Renaud's defence, Mario Dumont is an experienced debater.

True but Lavoie's childish tantrum-like demeanor has nothing to do with debating, just a matter of common decency and maturity, seems to me. No need to make condescending put-down type faces just cause he doesn't agree with someone's opinion. Wait it out and then make your point. Lavoie self-destructed.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
True but Lavoie's childish tantrum-like demeanor has nothing to do with debating, just a matter of common decency and maturity, seems to me. No need to make condescending put-down type faces just cause he doesn't agree with someone's opinion. Wait it out and then make your point. Lavoie self-destructed.

The twittosphere had the same opinion: he got schooled. Proof that sports reporters/figureheads are minor leaguers compared to the political reporters/figureheads.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lavoie is a paid yes man, i'm almost certain MB is paying him personally.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Melnick is back on today after a couple of days off. I didn't hear the first 90 minutes of today's show but did he mention why his interview with MB was pulled for a few hours and then re-upped again? When it was first noticed that the interview was removed Rod Francis said they couldn't comment on it so there must've been some reason why it was pulled for a while.

The re-upped interview is the same as the original so I fail to see why it was even removed in the first place but I suspect we'll never hear it mentioned again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Melnick is back on today after a couple of days off. I didn't hear the first 90 minutes of today's show but did he mention why his interview with MB was pulled for a few hours and then re-upped again? When it was first noticed that the interview was removed Rod Francis said they couldn't comment on it so there must've been some reason why it was pulled for a while.

The re-upped interview is the same as the original so I fail to see why it was even removed in the first place but I suspect we'll never hear it mentioned again.

He mentioned how the insinuations on social media about him not being on air, were BS. He had a trip to Trana where he spent time with his family, apparently his mother lives there. FWIW.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
He mentioned how the insinuations on social media about him not being on air, were BS. He had a trip to Trana where he spent time with his family, apparently his mother lives there. FWIW.

I didn't figure it was anything Melnick did or said has the reason why the interview was removed for a few hours. It's just that it was removed for a while and Rod Francis saying they couldn't comment on it so it makes one think something caused it to be taken down for a bit.

I guess we'll never know why it was taken down for a bit but it did create a little stir here for a little while. :)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What is Marinaro saying?
He just said people who wanted Sly gone for the past years are now upset he got let go and it wasn't his fault.
:huh:
Where is he reading this? I haven't seen anyone be upset by Sly's firing.

Reactions: DXStriker

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The twittosphere had the same opinion: he got schooled. Proof that sports reporters/figureheads are minor leaguers compared to the political reporters/figureheads.

Not that I disagree in principle, but Lavoie is setting the bar incredibly low as far as sports reporting goes.

I'm sure a prepared McKenzie or Lebrun or even Dubé could hold his own in that kind of situation. Beyond debating skills, Lavoie just came off like a child. Has little to do with what he does for a living.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I don't think anyone posted the follow-up to the debate that had begun with Mario Dumont's comment.

Renaud Lavoie not only has zero class (he's unable to accept a different point of view than his) but is incredibly insecure for someone who has spent so much time before a camera. He clearly feels intimidated and belittled by Dumont who conducted himself as an absolute gentleman. If anything, this segment exposes Lavoie even more as a petty self-designated "expert" who is clearly very afraid of losing the job he's so damn lucky to be able to keep having.

Someone like Dumont who doesn't even work in the hockey world, was able to get to the crux of the issues and had his finger on the pulse of exactly what has been ailing the Habs and their fans. Dumont appeared honest and did not resort to childish grimaces like Lavoie did throughout the segment while others were taking turns offering their opinions. Lavoie is basically a pouting child if he's confronted with facts or arguments he doesn't like or which direct criticism towards the Habs.

Lavoie is a Habs shill through and through, he merely regurgitated what Geoff Molson has been saying, he's incapable of critical thought. Lavoie should try and find a job within the Habs' PR Dept, he's been sadly exposed, even if he was a well-established turnip before this segment. Credit to Bossy who could have destroyed Lavoie when the latter was trying to school everyone about how you can't win the Stanley Cup every year or on how hockey organisations are run. One of the users at the bottom of the link, noted as much.

Speaking of user comments, the ones contained in this link, provide hilarious takes. That's where the gold usually is. Gold, Jerry.

Thanks Runner, I read your post and even if I knew what to expect I still watched (not that I was expecting anything else) :laugh: Lavoie looks like a child in this. Grimaces, interrupting, says he respect Dumont's opinion than goes to shoot it down... I cringed a few times then closed the tab.

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I'm sorry if this was shared already.

And it's from TVA Spanre, so in french, so sorry again.

But, essentially, Renaud (an 'insider', he told us himself) getting destroyed after his reply to Mario Dumont (someone who shouldn't know a whole lot about hockey)

Débat enflammé à «La joute des séries»! - TVA Sports

Classless Lavoie.
Acting like a disgruntled teenager arguing with his 'stupid' parents.

Also ... he's getting fat! Clearly, he's been eating up more than Bergevin's recycled excuses.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think anyone posted the follow-up to the debate that had begun with Mario Dumont's comment.

Renaud Lavoie not only has zero class (he's unable to accept a different point of view than his) but is incredibly insecure for someone who has spent so much time before a camera. He clearly feels intimidated and belittled by Dumont who conducted himself as an absolute gentleman. If anything, this segment exposes Lavoie even more as a petty self-designated "expert" who is clearly very afraid of losing the job he's so damn lucky to be able to keep having.

Someone like Dumont who doesn't even work in the hockey world, was able to get to the crux of the issues and had his finger on the pulse of exactly what has been ailing the Habs and their fans. Dumont appeared honest and did not resort to childish grimaces like Lavoie did throughout the segment while others were taking turns offering their opinions. Lavoie is basically a pouting child if he's confronted with facts or arguments he doesn't like or which direct criticism towards the Habs.

Lavoie is a Habs shill through and through, he merely regurgitated what Geoff Molson has been saying, he's incapable of critical thought. Lavoie should try and find a job within the Habs' PR Dept, he's been sadly exposed, even if he was a well-established turnip before this segment. Credit to Bossy who could have destroyed Lavoie when the latter was trying to school everyone about how you can't win the Stanley Cup every year or on how hockey organisations are run. One of the users at the bottom of the link, noted as much.

Speaking of user comments, the ones contained in this link, provide hilarious takes. That's where the gold usually is. Gold, Jerry.

Is anyone surprised? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dumbest media guy in the business (I know, stiff competition from Gaston Therien). Arrogant to boot. Every time I listen to him, my ears start bleeding and I have to switch channels.

He's like a spoiled brat who got handed the job by his dad. He would make Bergevin look like a genius if he was a GM.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Stephane Lebeau's interview was pretty damning for the whole Habs organisation. Lebeau would change the strategy entirely and focus on offense being generated by all five players instead of the current use of a defensive system with stay at home defencemen. He'd also tell potential draftees from Qc they'd be better off not being drafted the Habs.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I respect Machabee to the utmost. She paved the way for women in, like le_sean said, a macho sport in a world that was still pretty misogynistic, and always was a class act and behaved like a true journalist is supposed to. -Very- respected in the NHL...

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember seeing her for the first time on Day One of RDS in 1989. That same day she also did a live hit on TSN as they introduced their new French language network. Her English back then was almost non-existent. She's pretty much fluently bilingual today, having been chosen to be a PA announcer at the Olympic hockey games in Sochi. She's done it all and is one of the very few original RDS on-air personalities who is still around, male or female.

Wonder if she outed Stephane Leroux in her book :sarcasm:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Chantal Machabée has released her biography today called: Désavantage numérique. No doubt an interesting read.
She used to post sometimes on the old Pens board, she was a big fan of Mario Lemieux from the time he was in junior. She may have worked for Laval, can`t remember now.

She was well liked, I exchanged a few posts with her about the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad