TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 9)

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Marinaro little act needs to come to an end. It’s become a real joke.

they win a game he doesn’t shut up, singing like a bafoon non stop.
They lose for the 3rd time in their last 14 games and he’s literally on suicide watch, sounds like he’s about to off himself on the air

Before, there was some coherent chats and interviews in Marinaro's show. In the last few years it's gotten to the point where it's just a complete circus.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Marinaro little act needs to come to an end. It’s become a real joke.

they win a game he doesn’t shut up, singing like a bafoon non stop.
They lose for the 3rd time in their last 14 games and he’s literally on suicide watch, sounds like he’s about to off himself on the air

God help his family lol

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
What is it with that annoying, twangy-voiced weasel of Gallo trying way too hard to create some kind of newscast narrating signature by constantly exaggerating the pronunciation of Sergio Momesso’s name?

Anyone else hear that “Serrrrrrrrrrrrgio” delivery in his sportscasts? Stop it Gallo. We all know why you’re doing it. Cease pandering to the ex-hockey player in the hopes of some kind of future fallout. Aaron Ward was right about you, stick to being the Danny DeVito of beachwear.

I know it’s a strong word but I have always HATED Gallo, never liked him since day 1. He sounds arrogant and almost like he has this I’m better than everyone else attitude. His over pronunciation of words drives me up a goddamn wall.
Over time he has converted his goofy ass kisser, brown nosed Campbell into being annoying as shit too.

Did you listen to Marinaro just now? Marinaro got destroyed by Melnick, called him out big time — even questioned if Marinaro is watching games, lol.

When a guy spends most of his time playing the radio buffoon, that’s what you get. Your schtick got old fast Marinaro — maybe stopping your education at the high school level was not your best decision, clown!

melnick always rips Marinaro, it’s clear as day that he doesn’t think to highly of him.

I can’t stand Nilan’s show even if I liked him as a player. So whenever I need a radio fix in the afternoon, I’ll tune to 91.9 FM.

Except when that annoying Louis calls in, the guy is a demagogue and a political hack. He uses sports to push a political agenda that is repugnant.

He starts by pretending to have an opinion about sports and it usually ends with players’ ethnicities and what kind of language they should speak.

I remember when he used to call both French and English sports shows but noticed how he would not bring out ethnicity and language on English shows. Enough already, I can’t even stand his voice anymore, I’m forced to move to another station whenever he’s on.

“Listen” (he says it before every goddamn sentence) I’d rather watch paint dry while listening to baby shark for 3 hours than listen to Nilan stu stu stu stu stu stu studder all day

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Melnick obliterated him and blasted him for the way Marinaro criticized Price. Questioned his judgment and ridiculed him. It was cringy and certainly not the first time Marinaro gets owned by Melnick who loves to pick on him.

What is ironic is how Marinaro spends the bulk of his shows ridiculing low intellect types and then whenever he’s in the scrum on Fridays at noon, the pendulum swings the other way and Melnick makes minced meat out of him. It seems obvious to me that Marinaro is intimidated by Melnick, he knows he doesn’t have the wherewithal to spar with him but at the same time, Melnick can really become abusive and not let go once he smells blood. They deserve each other.
I heard the exchange and I thought that Melnick was acting like a Price fanboy who loses his mind whenever someone mentions Price without genuflecting first. Marinaro wasn't even trying to bash Price but Melnick wouldn't let him finish his point.

Of course the irony is that on Marinaro's show he is always cutting people off before they can finish their point, or goes off on tangents. A caller tries to make a point and happens to mention that he read something in the paper over lunch and Marinaro derails the conversation by asking the caller what he ate for lunch and proceeds to waste the next 5 minutes of air time.

Generally speaking the only personality on that station worth listening to is Melnick because he's old enough to have historical context. The rest of them can't even remember being alive when most relevant events in Habs history even happened.

Reactions: dinodebino

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I can’t stand Nilan’s show even if I liked him as a player. So whenever I need a radio fix in the afternoon, I’ll tune to 91.9 FM.

Except when that annoying Louis calls in, the guy is a demagogue and a political hack. He uses sports to push a political agenda that is repugnant.

He starts by pretending to have an opinion about sports and it usually ends with players’ ethnicities and what kind of language they should speak.

I remember when he used to call both French and English sports shows but noticed how he would not bring out ethnicity and language on English shows. Enough already, I can’t even stand his voice anymore, I’m forced to move to another station whenever he’s on.
Is he the same Louis on 91,9 who said Drouin was the shame of the quebecers few days before Dru quit? "Je trouve que Drouin est la honte des québecois" he said. Ah come on, can this guy have a life?
I found Laraque and Gonzo too permissive with Louis that time, like if Louis was on the payroll or important in the audience rating. I think he's the same Louis who was calling Ron Fornier on his show 10 years ago. I don't remember his ethnic obsession, maybe there is different Louis calling sports show in Mtl.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ESPN confirms their team for the NHL coverage:

E5D-vCcWEAI_0CU

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Some of these people will do double duty on TSN. If Cassie Campbell is moving to ESPN then I doubt she remains on Sportsnet since TSN is owned by ESPN. Unfortunately this probably means more Jen Botterill on HNIC, who's even more annoying.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Is he the same Louis on 91,9 who said Drouin was the shame of the quebecers few days before Dru quit? "Je trouve que Drouin est la honte des québecois" he said. Ah come on, can this guy have a life?
I found Laraque and Gonzo too permissive with Louis that time, like if Louis was on the payroll or important in the audience rating. I think he's the same Louis who was calling Ron Fornier on his show 10 years ago. I don't remember his ethnic obsession, maybe there is different Louis calling sports show in Mtl.
It’s all the same Louis from Ville Mercier

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I heard the exchange and I thought that Melnick was acting like a Price fanboy who loses his mind whenever someone mentions Price without genuflecting first. Marinaro wasn't even trying to bash Price but Melnick wouldn't let him finish his point.

Of course the irony is that on Marinaro's show he is always cutting people off before they can finish their point, or goes off on tangents. A caller tries to make a point and happens to mention that he read something in the paper over lunch and Marinaro derails the conversation by asking the caller what he ate for lunch and proceeds to waste the next 5 minutes of air time.

Generally speaking the only personality on that station worth listening to is Melnick because he's old enough to have historical context. The rest of them can't even remember being alive when most relevant events in Habs history even happened.
marinaro was essentially hired by melnick; he'll never push back

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
It’s all the same Louis from Ville Mercier
I would rather listen to Marinaro than Louis from Ville Mercier. That's how bad I think the guy is. So many bad takes from Mister know it all and he was annoying with his Peyton, Peyton, Peyton.
Come to think of it, I haven't heard him on 690 for the longest time. Did they ban him? :laugh:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Are you kidding, I love Louis. Esp. when he talks Football. And I have never heard him talking about language stuff in French.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Keep in mind there is the team to be announced for TNT. So Pee-Air could end up there.

As long he doesn't end up back as a regular with TSN!

Did dipietro sign for 15 years?

Dipietro and a group of his friends once sat in front of me at a Baseball game at old Yankee Stadium. He bought stuff for his group from the vendors all evening long and kept pulling out large wads of cash. I wonder if he's still getting paid by the Isles?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad