TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 9)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For myself living outside of Quebec I enjoy listening to TSN690 since it's the only full time English coverage I can get for Habs related content so I hope this station sticks around and there's probably many more Hab fans like me. If you don't like the station just stop listening.

I get it. In my case I stopped watching/listening to ALL media even prior to the foxhole year. We get pretty much anything of interest discussed in depth right here. I can't avoid the in game stuff but I do use alternative outlets when possible if I don't like the crew handling the games. The sports media in Montreal like all media conglomerates have agendas that have nothing to do with accurate reporting and analysis I see the results in so many sheep.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I get it. In my case I stopped watching/listening to ALL media even prior to the foxhole year. We get pretty much anything of interest discussed in depth right here. I can't avoid the in game stuff but I do use alternative outlets when possible if I don't like the crew handling the games. The sports media in Montreal like all media conglomerates have agendas that have nothing to do with accurate reporting and analysis I see the results in so many sheep.

Every time a station secures broadcasting rights from a major league team, the latter expect the station to act like a "partner". Which totally runs contrary to the whole idea of freedom of expression -- which is why so much content is artificial and the people behind it, act like propagandists.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
TSN 690

official broadcast holder of the Montreal Canadiens just spent the first hour of their live coverage shitting on the Canadiens for backing into the playoffs in a very bad division.

obviously McKenna capped the hour by taking a shot at his fav player.

his gf asked him what he thought about naming their upcoming child ‘Merrill’ and he replied, if I wanted to name my child after a mediocre Habs defence man I’d just call him ‘Weber’

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
TSN 690

official broadcast holder of the Montreal Canadiens just spent the first hour of their live coverage shitting on the Canadiens for backing into the playoffs in a very bad division.

his gf asked him what he thought about naming their upcoming child ‘Merrill’ and he replied, if I wanted to name my child after a mediocre Habs defence man I’d just call him ‘Weber’
Lol.......nice

Reactions: CaptainKirk

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i saw a few posts saying he will pull double duty, don’t see how he will be able to do so being the lead guy on ESPN, it’s a very big loss, Ray is excellent at what he does

I don't care how he pulls it off, but if he is still able to do games on TSN, then I'm good with that. Unfortunately, he doesn't do Habs games so we don't get him much. But if he is still able to do international tournaments with Gord Miller, I'll be happy. Because when it comes to the WJC or World Championships, the Miller/Ferraro team are the soundtrack of those games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jean-Charles Lajoie interviewing Chris Letang yesterday: Le balado de l'émission de JiC du mardi 11 mai

Paraphrasing: "Chris Letang, merci beaucoup de prendre le temps, merci de prendre le temps ..."

Basically, uses an expression at the start of the interview that phonetically renders the guy's family name. And does it twice within seconds.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
TSN 690

McKenna is nothing but an attention seeker .

Last edited:

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Jean-Charles Lajoie interviewing Chris Letang yesterday: Le balado de l'émission de JiC du mardi 11 mai

Paraphrasing: "Chris Letang, merci beaucoup de prendre le temps, merci de prendre le temps ..."

Basically, uses an expression at the start of the interview that phonetically renders the guy's family name. And does it twice within seconds.

Lajoie is a pompous moron that believes his humor is next level. I stopped listening to him a long time ago and it appears nothing has changed.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I just opened a stream to watch the Penguins-Islanders game and the first one was TVA Sports.

They were talking about last night game between Washington and Boston. The only thing I hear while trying to find an other stream (and I’m maybe be wrong because my french ain’t great but I’m pretty sure) is :

“ Osti, this series could be sponsored by vaseline because of how tight it is”

Reactions: overlords

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I’m skeptical. You don’t leave a permanent position in a volatile field, further to having survived recent massive cutbacks by your fake « let’s talk » employer without another opportunity in tow.

I’ve seen some posters here despising Seravalli, something about how he treats people on Twitter. He broke several stories however TSN just keeps churning out guys like him. Good luck Seravalli, I doubt you’ll be missed.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I’m skeptical. You don’t leave a permanent position in a volatile field, further to having survived recent massive cutbacks by your fake « let’s talk » employer without another opportunity in tow.

I’ve seen some posters here despising Seravalli, something about how he treats people on Twitter. He broke several stories however TSN just keeps churning out guys like him. Good luck Seravalli, I doubt you’ll be missed.
if he feels the need to say personal decision, it usually aint . Wont miss him, ray however huge loss if he leaves

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
if he feels the need to say personal decision, it usually aint . Wont miss him, ray however huge loss if he leaves

I only said I was skeptical, I didn’t completely exclude other personal decision-making.

Agreed on Ray Ferraro, tho.

Reactions: tazsub3

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I'd love to listen to Montreal sports radio this morning to hear what some of the national guys are saying about the Habs situation and potential offseason outlook but I can't stand listening to that McKenna weasel!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad