TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 9)

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Good segment with Ray Ferraro talking about the Habs victory, playing against Vegas or Colorado, the Habs future, and they touch on Danault’s next contract.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
I'm a big fan of Mitch Melnick but there's a part of the show I always miss. It's on Friday afternoon. They put beeps in quotes to make them sound vulgar. Anyone knows what I'm talking about ? I'm sure I could find it on their website..

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I'm a big fan of Mitch Melnick but there's a part of the show I always miss. It's on Friday afternoon. They put beeps in quotes to make them sound vulgar. Anyone knows what I'm talking about ? I'm sure I could find it on their website..

yea it's the you got censored segment

Reactions: George Lebay

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yea it's the you got censored segment

It’s a bit that Melnick’s show stole from Jimmy Kimmel — bleeping out sound bytes that are non-controversial, for effect: plenty of clips on YouTube that Kimmel’s show dubs “This week in unnecessary censorship.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
HNIC = Habs Never In Canada

upload_2021-6-14_20-34-32.png

Reactions: LeHab

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What is it with that annoying, twangy-voiced weasel of Gallo trying way too hard to create some kind of newscast narrating signature by constantly exaggerating the pronunciation of Sergio Momesso’s name?

Anyone else hear that “Serrrrrrrrrrrrgio” delivery in his sportscasts? Stop it Gallo. We all know why you’re doing it. Cease pandering to the ex-hockey player in the hopes of some kind of future fallout. Aaron Ward was right about you, stick to being the Danny DeVito of beachwear.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean, the "BLEU BLANC ROUGE" and playing the buffoon was funny 3 times. Got old pretty quickly after that. Hopefully we can have some kind of coherent talk this morning.

Did you listen to Marinaro just now? Marinaro got destroyed by Melnick, called him out big time — even questioned if Marinaro is watching games, lol.

When a guy spends most of his time playing the radio buffoon, that’s what you get. Your schtick got old fast Marinaro — maybe stopping your education at the high school level was not your best decision, clown!

Reactions: DXStriker and the

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Did you listen to Marinaro just now? Marinaro got destroyed by Melnick, called him out big time — even questioned if Marinaro is watching games, lol.

When a guy spends most of his time playing the radio buffoon, that’s what you get. Your schtick got old fast Marinaro — maybe stopping your education at the high school level was not your best decision, clown!

I checked out after the Normand Flynn interview.
What happened?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I checked out after the Normand Flynn interview.
What happened?

Melnick obliterated him and blasted him for the way Marinaro criticized Price. Questioned his judgment and ridiculed him. It was cringy and certainly not the first time Marinaro gets owned by Melnick who loves to pick on him.

What is ironic is how Marinaro spends the bulk of his shows ridiculing low intellect types and then whenever he’s in the scrum on Fridays at noon, the pendulum swings the other way and Melnick makes minced meat out of him. It seems obvious to me that Marinaro is intimidated by Melnick, he knows he doesn’t have the wherewithal to spar with him but at the same time, Melnick can really become abusive and not let go once he smells blood. They deserve each other.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can’t stand Nilan’s show even if I liked him as a player. So whenever I need a radio fix in the afternoon, I’ll tune to 91.9 FM.

Except when that annoying Louis calls in, the guy is a demagogue and a political hack. He uses sports to push a political agenda that is repugnant.

He starts by pretending to have an opinion about sports and it usually ends with players’ ethnicities and what kind of language they should speak.

I remember when he used to call both French and English sports shows but noticed how he would not bring out ethnicity and language on English shows. Enough already, I can’t even stand his voice anymore, I’m forced to move to another station whenever he’s on.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I can’t stand Nilan’s show even if I liked him as a player. So whenever I need a radio fix in the afternoon, I’ll tune to 91.9 FM.

Except when that annoying Louis calls in, the guy is a demagogue and a political hack. He uses sports to push a political agenda that is repugnant.

He starts by pretending to have an opinion about sports and it usually ends with players’ ethnicities and what kind of language they should speak.

I remember when he used to call both French and English sports shows but noticed how he would not bring out ethnicity and language on English shows. Enough already, I can’t even stand his voice anymore, I’m forced to move to another station whenever he’s on.

That guy, Louis, is a weird phenomena. I know that we don't hear him very often anymore on "Bonsoir les sportifs" now (since Ron Fournier retired). They are possibly screening tightly his calls. Other stations should do the same. The guy is a Legend in his own mind, hooked up in the Seventies, while he is in reality a poor guy with no other interest in life than sports.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Louis, de Mercier! Name from the past. Used to be a Forum usher. And was calling everywhere all the time. The guy has no life. Really. Very poor man, living in a basement appartment, having his phone on his kitchen table. Media has covered him over the years. I felt a ton of pity for him after reading one of the pieces.

Same for a guy called André, way back in the 80's and 90's. He kinda disappeared after the 93 cup. He was always calling to yap against the Habs. Always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad