TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 9)

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Tony Marinaro is so f***ing annoying. I never listen when he’s on. And the guy blocked me on Twitter lol.
AAAE371F-34D0-488F-AC09-AF905AF3EBDD.jpeg

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Michel Bergeron doing a segment from his home, was on air while someone from his family was urinating, as picked up by his mic:

Énorme malaise en direct à TVA Sports!

Best headline was from H30: "Bergeron on air live with a guy who is pissing..."

The bathroom sound should have been a precursor that we were acquiring Staal. :sarcasm:

Can imagine it happening on a conference call...'the next question is from...*silence*….*flush*

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm going to pop champagne when this station gets put out of it's misery and hack anglo """""journalists""""" have to beg the athletic for work

For myself living outside of Quebec I enjoy listening to TSN690 since it's the only full time English coverage I can get for Habs related content so I hope this station sticks around and there's probably many more Hab fans like me. If you don't like the station just stop listening.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
For myself living outside of Quebec I enjoy listening to TSN690 since it's the only full time English coverage I can get for Habs related content so I hope this station sticks around and there's probably many more Hab fans like me. If you don't like the station just stop listening.

All some people like OP have is their angst.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm going to pop champagne when this station gets put out of it's misery and hack anglo """""journalists""""" have to beg the athletic for work

What does being "anglo" have anything to do with it? We have hacks all over the place, regardless of language. You don't think a whole lot of them are mediocre across the board, in Quebec? How does Renaud Lavoie still have a job? What about Félix Séguin or Lalime? Is 91.9 FM any better with the likes of Reggie the Demagogue on their air daily -- it's like the guy can do no wrong on that station. How about the incredibly annoying Pierre Rinfret? How does Louis get on every damn show and spew his divisive BS?

I've heard them all and I'd say every station has its pros and cons. However, an unmistakeable trend to me has been the declining quality of the broadcasters that have been allowed to be on air. If you're not smarter, more entertaining and informative than your median audience, then you have no business being on air. At least, you shouldn't have any business being on air but doesn't look like media ownership is really concerned about that aspect as much as it once was.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

I much prefer habseyesontheprize and they have podcasts. Tsn690 is the equivalence of a 24 hour news cycle

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Glad they are still on the air,if not for them I'd be missing my fix of Habs news and updates. Can go anywhere and still be in touch with the marvels of today's technology.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I've listened to a couple of those dale weise podcasts. I think he's a little more reserved with what he says than I expected, but its a neat perspective for a habs podcast.

It's the only one around where an actual habs player from recent years is involved.

It would be great if he could somehow get Lucic on the show. They've already talked about that a couple times from my listening.

Reactions: HabsHammer

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I've listened to a couple of those dale weise podcasts. I think he's a little more reserved with what he says than I expected, but its a neat perspective for a habs podcast.

It's the only one around where an actual habs player from recent years is involved.

It would be great if he could somehow get Lucic on the show. They've already talked about that a couple times from my listening.

In the first show he stated he isnt interested in asking current players because he knows the grind they are in and they have much bigger fish to fry than spending time on a podcast on the night before a game.
I like the Habs Tonight podcast but personally much prefer La Poche Bleu with Lapierre and Latendresse

(just finished tonights interview they did with Julien Brisebois, was awesome)

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Tony Marinaro is so f***ing annoying. I never listen when he’s on. And the guy blocked me on Twitter lol.View attachment 412954
Bro , you are lucky! Being blocked by him might be the best compliment you get. And yes he is annoying. Far from being the worst (hello Norman Flynn), but that speaks more about the quality of local media talent.
Luckily they have some enjoyable people from outside the city (and the city ie Denis) worth listening to.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Bro , you are lucky! Being blocked by him might be the best compliment you get. And yes he is annoying. Far from being the worst (hello Norman Flynn), but that speaks more about the quality of local media talent.
Luckily they have some enjoyable people from outside the city (and the city ie Denis) worth listening to.
The guy might be a hick, but at least he doesn't go on frequent rants and outrageous comments.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
WhT the f*** is this......wishing people to get fired is always begging Karma to make an example of you.

If you don’t like it, dont listen
The sad reality with today's idiots.
I might like some of them, but appreciate others and the ones i dont like i dont listen to.
But i never ever wish any harm to any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad