TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media (Part 9)

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The guy might be a hick, but at least he doesn't go on frequent rants and outrageous comments.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
In the first show he stated he isnt interested in asking current players because he knows the grind they are in and they have much bigger fish to fry than spending time on a podcast on the night before a game.
I like the Habs Tonight podcast but personally much prefer La Poche Bleu with Lapierre and Latendresse

(just finished tonights interview they did with Julien Brisebois, was awesome)

Yeah, he also doesn't say anything negative about the active players, which isn't a bad thing (it's probably a smart thing if anything), but I just thought he'd be a little more outspoken.

He was outspoken about Tim Peel and nhl officiating in general though.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
After reading a couple of disturbing opinions in this thread, i will say while i dont like listening to each and every one of them, I respect and strongly appreciate what they do and thank all of them for being a voice many can hear during tough pandemic times and to the haters, you can turn the radio off or mute it, so you can listen to your brains , i guarantee it will sound way worst then any of them

Reactions: widowmaker

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
After having read all of the threads on this subject and participated in all of them, I never cease to be amazed by all the Renaud Lavoie and Eric Engels wannabes that settle for mediocrity and dump on others for expecting better. You’re getting what you deserve, enjoy.

Reactions: Pickles and Rapala

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Claude Julien explaining to Dave Morissette the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989.
OMG, Labrèche is so funny when he lets his caracter fully make a fool of themselves.
Paul Houde is quiet in Julien and looks very much like the real Julien. I wonder how many takes they needed not to laught.

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
For myself living outside of Quebec I enjoy listening to TSN690 since it's the only full time English coverage I can get for Habs related content so I hope this station sticks around and there's probably many more Hab fans like me. If you don't like the station just stop listening.

Being from Ontario, I'm in the same boat. I make an effort to listen to/phone their talk shows. If you notice, a number of TSN 690's callers/listeners are from outside of Quebec. Including a few Americans chiming in (California, Michigan, Long Island).

No doubt I like to ramble while on the air. lol Yes, Sean Campbell has openly accused me of it ... but, he does the same thing between taking calls. o_O Goes on and on and on. Leaving his callers waiting.

Tony gets very excitable. Think it's part of his overall shtick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

:laugh:

Go on Montreal radio in the morning, tell them the team's GM should be considered for GM of the Year.

Later on the same day, go on Toronto radio and tell them their team's GM should be considered for the award.

Dreger has to be the most lame name-brand "insider" on mainstream media. He used to get fed some solid nuggets at one time when one of his family members used to be employed within Leafs management. Once the family member left the Leafs, he has become the king of caveats and abject conjecture. Does nothing but talk with both sides of his mouth, he's basically living off a thinning reputation and his appearances on TSN on special days, like Free Agent Frenzy. I don't know how stations don't massively drop him, he's completely useless.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
WhT the f*** is this......wishing people to get fired is always begging Karma to make an example of you.

If you don’t like it, dont listen

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t enjoy listening to certain people but that doesn’t mean that I would take pleasure in seeing them lose their livelihood. If they were to move on, I’d hope for them to find employment. You can’t let it get personal.

Luckily, there are several media types who are entertaining and informative — hoping we get more.

Reactions: jaffy27

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Maybe they should consider who is doing the job in Florida,most had them pegged to be garbage yet again, but it will likely go to TO,cause,you know........
Hahahah yes cant argue with that.... wish they vote after the playoffs.
Though i actually think habs can still finish first in the north, even with that testing schedule

Reactions: angusyoung

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dreger has to be the most lame name-brand "insider" on mainstream media. He used to get fed some solid nuggets at one time when one of his family members used to be employed within Leafs management. Once the family member left the Leafs, he has become the king of caveats and abject conjecture. Does nothing but talk with both sides of his mouth, he's basically living off a thinning reputation and his appearances on TSN on special days, like Free Agent Frenzy. I don't know how stations don't massively drop him, he's completely useless.
He may be connected in the hockey circles but his delivery is more vanilla then a vanilla shake.....he’s got no personality, a 7 day canoe trip with Dregs would certainly lead we to knocking him out with my paddle lol

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Big day on TSN690 as they were celebrating their 20th anniversary since their beginnings as The Team990 (they only became a TSN affiliate in 2012). All the ex-station staff were on air between 3-7PM and they made me realize how much more I enjoyed them over most who are at the station now.

Last edited:

j c petit

Locked-out
Mar 6, 2007
In the blue paint
Big day on TSN690 as they were celebrating their 20th anniversary as a TSN affiliate. All the ex-station staff were on air between 3-7PM and they made me realize how much more I enjoyed them over most who are at the station now.
Weren't they celebrating their 20th anniversary of existence, including their time as Team 990 prior to any TSN affiliation? I agree with you that they had far superior on-air talent in the past compared to what they offer these days, AINEC.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weren't they celebrating their 20th anniversary of existence, including their time as Team 990 prior to any TSN affiliation? I agree with you that they had far superior on-air talent in the past compared to what they offer these days, AINEC.

Yeah, it was in fact 20 years since their start and not as a TSN affiliate. I’ve amended my post accordingly.

I’m tired of their current lineup and hope there will be a major shakeup.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One of the most abhorrent radio fails is Moe Khan getting interviewed by Chris Nilan on the latter’s afternoon show. One can’t enunciate and the other can’t articulate. Add sidekick Campbell who is merely an air filler of platitudes and cliches as Nilan hems and haws and it just makes you wonder if the station has any competent management overseeing the product they’re putting out.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

:laugh:

Go on Montreal radio in the morning, tell them the team's GM should be considered for GM of the Year.

Later on the same day, go on Toronto radio and tell them their team's GM should be considered for the award.

"Should it be Montreal's GM? Should it be Toronto's? Maybe it should be Tampa's... Detroit's good a good case for it. Maybe New York? For TSN, I'm Darren Dreger."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad